Crime Novels

i've heard about this crime book shop. one of my friends goes to the bookshops around there quite a bit. she says she's going to take me one day... and just leave me there and pick me up the next day, ha. apparently it will be dangerous for me :D :D can't wait :D :D

abz xx

Hi love crime novels
Just finished james patterson double cross bit disapointing but an ok read .Have read all the other alex cross by james patterson novels and can recomend them
I am reading my first martina cole novel faces think its called its got me hooked so hope it is as good as the first few chapters lol.
Used to read all the real life murder novels until I read the line "we knew we had the right man as his book shelves were full of books about murders ,it was like a teach yourself how to kill" or something like that.The charity shop was selling crime books for weeks :8855:
I now go to the library for all my books better on the pocket and now have more storage space .Keep the author recomendations coming always good to know a bit about them ,some times I can spend 2 hours trying to find a good book .
Love bones and watching cold case as I type

i love all of those. and i need to buy season seven of csi :D i have some hmv vouchers that i need to use. woohoo :D :D

i have heard about james paterson's alex cross novels. i keep meaning to look them out but haven't as yet. i will though :)

abz xx

Patterson's books (including the Cross novels) are a dead easy read - each chapter is usually on 3 or 4 pages long. Makes you think, I'll just read another chapter or 2 and before you know it the book is finished!

Hi, my name is Grrlscout, and I'm a Val McDermid addict...

I'd never read any crime novels as they'd never appealed to me but when I was on holiday this year I 'lost' the books I'd taken with me - in desperation (there were no English book shops about) I read the first of Ian Rankin's Rebus novels and that was it I was hooked --- so much so that I worked my way through the whole set of them when I got home ..... then got really disappointed cos that was it, there were no more left to read :)

I'd never read any crime novels as they'd never appealed to me but when I was on holiday this year I 'lost' the books I'd taken with me - in desperation (there were no English book shops about) I read the first of Ian Rankin's Rebus novels and that was it I was hooked --- so much so that I worked my way through the whole set of them when I got home ..... then got really disappointed cos that was it, there were no more left to read :)

I'm like that too, and then have to wait eagerly for the next book in a series to be published (assuming the authors is still living of course :eek:).

Just bought the latest Sue Grafton last night - T is for Trespass after waiting ages for it to come out in paperback.

Looking forward to reading that at the weekend :D

Wohoo.. crime discussion!

I will second the Jonathan Kellerman recommendation...my favourite by far.

Also, recently started reading Lisa Gardiner, and hers are very easy to read and arn't as formulaic as some out there. Some are, but a few are corkers.

I love detective fiction.I am addicted to the whole range going back to Sherlock Holmes,country house murders,gentlemen detectives etc to the present day.
I have a special soft spot for wise-cracking private eyes - British or American- my all time favourite is Spenser,Boston
PI(Robert B Parker), definitely recommend him.
I also love Kinsey Milhone(Sue Grafton) and am excited to learn that a new paperback has been published. I enjoy Stephanie Plum(Janet Evanovich)-racy,fast-moving and v
funny.Another female PI who deserves IMHO to be better known is Grace Smith (Liz Evans).She is English,not as racy as Stephanie Plum but also fast paced and wittier.The novels are set in Seatoun, a faded sea resort, which Grace describes as the Kosovo of the bucket and spade trade.
Best stop I could go for hours. Will definitely hit the bookshops on Mon to get the latest Sue Grafton. :):):):)

Thanks Westiegirl!
I am really looking forward to getting a copy. Kinsey Milhone is one of my favourites and if I get absorbed in the latest book it may keep my mind OFF food and ON the diet to-morrow.
Lippy

WOW
just turned on the TV and BBC1 is showing Kenneth Branagh in Wallander - the Swedish police detective.I like Wallander but he is a very troubled and lonely individual.Add in the vast empty Swedish landscape and it may not be a bundle of fun - but I'm off to give it a try.

WOW
just turned on the TV and BBC1 is showing Kenneth Branagh in Wallander - the Swedish police detective.I like Wallander but he is a very troubled and lonely individual.Add in the vast empty Swedish landscape and it may not be a bundle of fun - but I'm off to give it a try.

I've put it on Sky+ because I'm watching I'm a Celeb :eek:

Wallander is a bit too harrowing for my taste - it was about a sex abuse ring. however it's one of three so I'll stick with it. Kenneth B is gripping.

Got the new Sue Grafton.On 3 for 2 offer at Waterstone's.So also bought 2 Lee Child (Jack Reacher) novels.Look forward to reading them.
Thanks Westiegirl :)

Got the new Sue Grafton.On 3 for 2 offer at Waterstone's.So also bought 2 Lee Child (Jack Reacher) novels.Look forward to reading them.
Thanks Westiegirl :)

Oooh nice one, you've just reminded me that I have the latest Jack Reacher to read - goody goody :bliss:

Hi DQ
I've started on the latest Kinsey Milhone - v good -but it won't take me long to finish it and move on to Jack Reacher. He's good isn't he? but another tortured loner!

Back