Crime Novels

I love crime novels, and crime series on TV...to the point that OH thinks I am planning a murder...to which I respond well I know how they all get caught so he better watch out!:8855:

Hi Dieting Rambler
Who are your favourite detectives?

I like most that have been mentioned. I did not notice Peter Robinson amongst them though. His inspector is called Banks and is based in Yorkshire, sort or a Rebus character. Fair few books to go at there!

My all time favourite is Harlan Coben though

Yes!
Harlan Coben is a big cuddly crime/thriller genius.
And he's lovely too. I emailed to say how much I enjoyed his books and he replied and we chatted over emails for a short time.
I can't get into his Myron Bolitair series though.

Mark Billingham is fairly good as well, although I lost interest after his third book.

My fella recommends Lincoln Child and Douglas Preston, Lee Child and Jeff Lindsay.

Yes!

Harlan Coben is a big cuddly crime/thriller genius.
And he's lovely too. I emailed to say how much I enjoyed his books and he replied and we chatted over emails for a short time.
I can't get into his Myron Bolitair series though.
Yes he is lovely to chat to and so happy to answer anything. I love the Myron Bolitar series, they are my favourites!

i've never read anything by him. What is his stuff like?

abz xx

Fantastic!
Full of twists and turns even right at the end, he'll do something that you never saw coming.
I read Tell No One first and was hooked from there.
Oh, Taz - have you seen the Tell No One movie?

I love this thread! I'm a bit of a crime novel addict. I love Sue Grafton, Jeffrey Deaver, Tess Gerritesen even Agatha Christie (I even managed to get hold of one I hadn't read)! Old fashioned whodunnits with a bit of forensics thrown in. I'm always looking for new authors...........Zxx

I love Tess Gerritsen and I picked up a book called Gravity without reading the cover expecting it to be a crime novel. I was a little disappointed at first as it was something completely different and not something I would have chosen to read but it was really good

I love Harlan Coban books too. I remember the first one I read (Tell No One) - I couldn't put it down, and devoured all this others. I love the Myron Bolitar ones, so funny.

Interestingly, I got put off watching the film version of Tell No One because I'd heard that the ending had been changed. I actually have the dvd but have never watched it in case I was disappointed!

I am just working my way through the Jack Reacher novels (Lee Child), I got three from the library today...

AJ

I am reading Hold Tight at the moment then I will have to wait ages for the latest Myron one to come out in paperback! I have a small stack of books to get through including the latest Linda Fairstein, some Ian Rankin's and a Michael Connelly. Lee Child is one I plan to get to later on

I've got the movie of Tell No One to watch, but I'm putting it off because I'd heard the same thing you had AmandaJayne.

I just don't want one of my favorite books ruined...That's happened way too much already!!

Have you read Jeffery Deaver? He's my absolute fav!!!
He wrote The Bone Collector and loads of others. I can't get enough of him!!

i have just found manda sue heller who is like martina cole but books are based in manchester not essex i started one yesterday and finished it today lol

ive read all martina coles books and they are all great would recommend them

What a great thread. Ive been such a crime novel addict since I was 16 and was working so could buy all the books I wanted...

Ngaio Marsh, Agatha Christie, Sue Grafton, Elizabeth George, Ruth Rendall I so love them all.

Dont go for any gory ones, as they make me PUKE big time, so the gentle ? old fashioned murders are for me...haha

ha. and we all know that jessica fletcher is the biggest serial killer known to man right? if you got introduced to that woman you'd run a mile!! and the same applies to miss marple :D

Back