Cringe moment, crying myself to sleep

Maximus said:
i had a similar experience a few years ago now. A boil/cyst where a bloke doesn't particular want a boil/cyst. Being a brave (read foolish) man, I didn't want to bother the doctor.

Eventually, I had to. I was in agony and it could not merely be "popped". There was complications as I was diabetic.

Long story short, I went it thinking it would be lanced (I was due to go away that weekend) 2 major abdominal operations, 8 days in high-risk isolation ward and 10 days later I was was released. Not only that but had to have the whole thing drained and was rated 40-60 (against!!) survival at one point. I had to have the dressing changed and wounds cleaned every day at home until cleared (couldn't be stitched).

3 months after this I was able to return to work. I was insulin-dependent, and thought it was only a bloody little boil!

That scared the life out of me and I changed my entire lifestyle.

Anyone with any lumps or bumps, boils or cysts get them checked out - especially if you're diabetic!!!

Blimey! :-0
Am off to the doctors tomorrow so hopefully they'll sort it out. X

Hope everything goes ok tomorrow

Glad your off to be sorted a
D hopefully you will feel better soon,

Hi Guys
Just an update.
I havent long got back from the doctors. He said it looks like its healing nicely and to soak in a bath to draw out any excess fluid.
He said he's not worried about the 'swelling' as this will go down but he basically said no action is needed for it yet as it looks fine. and he said ive done a good job on keeping it cleaning and dressing it. so all in all hopefully it'll heal nicely! :)

Ah glad you got sorted, did he mention the tablets for them? x
no he didnt mention any tablets etc. I think ill just keep on what im doing and keep an eye on it, if its still there next week ive booked another appt to see my preferred doc and will discuss then.

Hope you ok hun, you've had 1 thing after another haven't you.
Hang in there.
Must be really stressful for you - but you will get through it x
msg me if you need to chat (i'm older than you, but my mum & dad split up beg 2010 after 40 yrs together) so have a bit of an idea what your going through x

Slimbysummer said:
Hope you ok hun, you've had 1 thing after another haven't you.
Hang in there.
Must be really stressful for you - but you will get through it x
msg me if you need to chat (i'm older than you, but my mum & dad split up beg 2010 after 40 yrs together) so have a bit of an idea what your going through x

Aww thank you Hun. I really appreciate it! Xx

I sometimes get these on my underwear line caused by ingrowing hairs. One thing to buy for your medicine cupboard is Magnesium Sulphate paste. You can buy it over the counter in chemists (I went to Boots). You apply it to the affected area and it draws out any nastiness. It also seems to do a good job of drawing under-the-skin lumps (that aren't ready to be lanced) to the surface and a head so that they can be dealt with.

I hadn't considered the stress side of things as being a contributing factor, but now it's been mentioned that would make sense.

Lucky7 said:
I sometimes get these on my underwear line caused by ingrowing hairs. One thing to buy for your medicine cupboard is Magnesium Sulphate paste. You can buy it over the counter in chemists (I went to Boots). You apply it to the affected area and it draws out any nastiness. It also seems to do a good job of drawing under-the-skin lumps (that aren't ready to be lanced) to the surface and a head so that they can be dealt with.

I hadn't considered the stress side of things as being a contributing factor, but now it's been mentioned that would make sense.

Oooh brilliant thank you for the tip there. I'll make sure I get some for next time it may arise lol x

Boots magnesium sulphate paste - 50g - Boots

It's only £2.25. Well worth it. You need to put dressing // a plaster over the paste as it doesn't dry as such.
I've heard it's good for getting small splinters and things out as well, so useful stuff.

Hope you don't get any more. They bloody hurt. (And if it makes you feel any better, I've had them when I've been larger and when I've been slim, so nothing to do with weight necessarily).

xx

Lucky7 said:
Boots magnesium sulphate paste - 50g - Boots

It's only £2.25. Well worth it. You need to put dressing // a plaster over the paste as it doesn't dry as such.
I've heard it's good for getting small splinters and things out as well, so useful stuff.

Hope you don't get any more. They bloody hurt. (And if it makes you feel any better, I've had them when I've been larger and when I've been slim, so nothing to do with weight necessarily).

xx

Aww thank you. I think I just thought that was the final straw at being obese, a boil to shock me' into how did I let myself get this big. But no more! I've changed to green plan as it's cheaper for me' at the mo but as I'm wheat intolerant I need to be careful but I reintroduced wheat in April so I'll just have to monitor that if all else fails I'll swap normal pasta with wheat free.
As soon as I get in tomo I'm going to do an exercise DVD. All in all I'm feeling pretty motivated to carry on! :-D

Thanks for your kind words and advice! Couldn't do without this site! :)

I love this site as well. Just wish the rest of the world was this friendly and encouraging!! lol

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles and I can understand how you would feel this is the last straw. It sounds so very painful, you have had some excellent advice and I really hope it gets sorted soon. As bad as it is let it remotivate you and keep you determined

Hey don't be upset... What's important is your doing something to change your lifestyle.... We all forget ourselves sometimes and let's face it as a nation we all suffering with our weight. I get these exact same boils so I completely understand how painful they are and how you feel but it does get better as you slim down.

Have a good cry get it out but don't be hard on yourself babe xxx

Back