cripes there's so many cd products on ebay.

great things

Gold Member
there's so many on there. they're not supposed to be sold other than through a counsellor.

This surprised me so much I had a look. The food products advertised are in the USA - a completely different and unrelated company. As far as I know they are not allowed to sell the products outside America. I innocently tried to buy a drum of porridge online years back and was told they are forbidden to export to the UK. Someone must have noticed that Cambridge Weight Plan in the UK managed to stop rogue Consultants selling on eBay. They have pounced on the gap in the market!

there was loads on cwp (the real cd name) i reported all of them. they might have been removed now.

yep. all gone. my reporting worked. sorry folks but get them back to your counsellor for a refund.

So, are you saying that what I get here in the USA is not the "real" Cambridge diet? Allthough it says Cambridge on the can? How do I know then that I am doing the right thing for my body?

the formula's are different. cambridge diet USA is different to cambridge diet UK (cd uk is cambridge weight loss plan now). i wouldn't worry.

p.s it's just cd uk is not allowed to be sold on ebay.

So, are you saying that what I get here in the USA is not the "real" Cambridge diet? Allthough it says Cambridge on the can? How do I know then that I am doing the right thing for my body?
*Cambridge bore-athon hat on*

Back in the eighties, when Dr Howard was inventing Cambridge, he was having trouble bringing it to market in the UK. While he was trying to find a distrubutor, an american company bought the formula and exclusive rights to sell it in the states. Soon after, it started being sold in the UK too - but since that point of sale, the company in america has been completely independant of Howard and what has become Cambridge Weight Plan in the UK. The products made by both companies have evolved separately.

However, even the countries that do 'belong' to the same company as CWP in the UK, have different formulations and give different advice, in order to fit in with what the laws and health guidance advise in those countries.

Cambridge is different in every country, it's just more different in America, cos it's owned by completely different people.

spangles said:
*Cambridge bore-athon hat on*

Back in the eighties, when Dr Howard was inventing Cambridge, he was having trouble bringing it to market in the UK. While he was trying to find a distrubutor, an american company bought the formula and exclusive rights to sell it in the states. Soon after, it started being sold in the UK too - but since that point of sale, the company in america has been completely independant of Howard and what has become Cambridge Weight Plan in the UK. The products made by both companies have evolved separately.

However, even the countries that do 'belong' to the same company as CWP in the UK, have different formulations and give different advice, in order to fit in with what the laws and health guidance advise in those countries.

Cambridge is different in every country, it's just more different in America, cos it's owned by completely different people.

Good knowledge! :)

I must say I would have no intention of buying or selling Cambridge products on ebay. But I can't see what the big fuss is about if people want to do this. Except if it's to make sure of price protection and safeguarding of profits. What would happen if every company decided they didn't want their stuff sold on ebay. It's not on I'd say. Free trade should be allowed if that's what folk want. That's my opinion.

i think the objection - and similarly to exante, slim & save and similar - is that when products are available on the internet, there are no checks and balances regarding whether the person is right for the diet. There are people who will abuse VLCDs - there are whole, busy web communities dedicated to 'pro ana'... that is idealising and striving for anorexia.

You have complete a medical questionnaire with Exante and people have been refused the packs as a result. It's not foolproof. But at least it's something

One of the dangers of buying on eBay is you have no idea what you're buying. Exante had problems recently with a bad batch which they replaced if you contacted them. Suddenly eBay was awash with one particular flavour. People buying them were buying packs which would very likely make them ill. There's also been packs sold in the past (CD ones) which had been tampered with.

Back