Cruise options

Zoesastar

Silver Member
I have just been reading The Dukan Diet book again because I am starting Cruise on Thursdays.

What are people's opinions on the 2/0 option? Apparently designed for women with cellulite, also who carry their weight in their hips and thighs!

That is me, my waist has been as small as 28inches whilst still having 38-42inch hips. My thighs are very flabby and yes i have cellulite!

When I tell people how much I weigh they are shocked because they dont immediatly look at how bottom heavy I am!

I must say I am not having the best time on attack but could cope with two staggered days, I have successfully followed Slimming World and Weight Watchers in the past and wondered if I followed one of those in between the PP days would I still beable to lose a steady weight?

Sorry to go on, would just love to know what you think!

I have not tried the 2/0 rhythm.
I'm cruising 1/1 right now.

Try and see how it feels.
I think it will work perfectly.

In the French edition I have, the 2/0 it is definitely recommended.

I see that you can also try 2/7.
I would go for this in the first phase and (re)evaluate in a month...

The problem im going to have is that my partner is following the plan with me, i dont think he'd be happy if i started eating things he likes! He is top heavy rather than bottom so couldnt cruise like i want to! Hes not really over weight coz hes fat more because he's built like a brick....... U know what i mean!!

I found that my cellulite improved whatever combination of pp/pv I did.

Zoesastar - do you mind me asking why you doing such a long attack. At your start weight 3 days is all that's really necessary to kick start ketosis, and after the initial water-weight loss you won't lose weight any faster on prolonged attack than you would in the lighter ketosis of cruise - and without suffering the headache and nausea that you have mentioned.

Ive noticed mine has improved doing attack really!

I really dont know, im not sure how ive lasted this long either. As i wont be going shopping until tomorrow afternoon i havent now got much of a choice to only start cruise on thursday. The only veg i have in is onions!!!

If I understand correctly, the 2 0 or 2 7 options involve doing non Dukan days most of the week? So I fear you might find yourself far more open to temptation.

You might check out our FAQ section too. There's loads of info in there.

I dont think i would, i want to carry on with as many as the dukan rules as i can, i want to eat fruit and veg with the fewest carbs as possible, cut out sugary yogurts, convert to brown rice and spaghetti etc etc

My aim was to lose 1.5lbs a week for 17 weeks, since 9th january ive lost 8lbs! So ive already doubled my average, so even if i only lost 1lb a week now im happy!

Then why not move straight into phase 3 and follow the rules of Conso? Else you could well regain immediately what you've lost on Dukan... (sorry but this is why we don't recommend the diet for small losses)

Really Id like to lose another 14lbs, but if I was totally honest with myself, another 7 on top of that!

I am going to try 1/1 cruise for a while, see how i get on.

Back