Cruise Report

CF18

Live long and prosper
WARNING: Delicious food mentioned below. If you are on day 3 or 4, consider waiting a few days to read this.

I returned yesterday from a 4-night Disney cruise with my wife and our two young boys. I used this page as a guide for what to eat on my cruise. For breakfast most days, I had scrambled eggs or an omelet with a side of bacon, coffee with cream, and sometimes sautéed vegetables. For lunch, I had salads with chicken or seafood, avocados, olives, and blue cheese dressing, lamb chops, roasted chicken, and once a cheeseburger with no bun. For dinner, steak, prime rib, salmon royale, tuna tartare, salads, sautéed vegetables. Everything was delicious. I did NOT count calories or go hungry.

What didn't I eat? No bread at all - no sandwiches, no wraps, no crackers, no pizza, no cakes or cookies (biscuits). I avoided starchy vegetables such as potatoes. For dessert most nights, I ordered a cheese plate and then had a square of chocolate that was left on the pillow during dinner (although one night from the dessert menu, I ordered a no-sugar-added dark chocolate ganache, which was fantastic). I did have a glass of wine with dinner most nights, and that was the limit of my alcohol intake.

I weighed myself this morning and found that I had LOST 1.5 pounds! I never expected this! I am posting this not to brag, but because I wanted to share what turned out to be a great strategy for enjoying my vacation without undoing weeks of hard work and sacrifice. I thought it might be helpful to anyone who is planning a holiday or event during which they plan to go off the diet, but want to avoid setbacks. Good luck!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Wow that's amazing!

Carbs are obviously the devil! Just by staying away from them you managed to lose!

Well done!

week one- 17 1/2 pounds week two- 4 1/2 lbs week three- no weigh in week four- 11 lbs week 5- 5 1/2 lbs week 6- 4 lbs week 7- 1 lb week 8- 10 lbs week 9- 4.5 lbs week 10- 3.5 lbs wk 11- 2 lbs wk12- 6.5 lbs wk 13- 2.5 lbs wk 14- 2.5 lbs

Thanks! One other thing: I never came out of ketosis either! This made going back to sole source much easier - no headaches or shaky hunger like I experienced when I started.

That is amazing, well done! This has made me feel better about the all inclusive holiday I'm going on next week! Hope I have as much dedication and willpower as you! X

Well done! I suspect my cruise report will not been the same when I get back in January.......

:D Brilliant cruise report CF and blooming well done! You must be so chuffed and how disciplined were you?!! You have a beautiful family! Xx

Thank you! I think so too ;)

Back