Cruising for Eternity

Specifically it's dairy, i.e. milk and yoghurts, any type of bulb vegetable - onions, leeks, garlic, shallots, etc. wheat based anything, and, confusingly, egg yolks.
Apparently it could be related to my gastroenteritis at Christmas and Easter, as that can upset the probiotic balance long-term in some cases, apparently.

I am not going to be medicated, it's just a case of avoidance at the moment, and another advised diet of lots of green vegetables and fruit, so along with the diet adivce for the PCOS, it is all Dukan-friendly anyway!

I have the same issue at the moment with some of my clothes - some of my smaller clothes because just too tight again, and I am currently trying to work my way back into them, and although it's slow I think I am getting closer, be it miligrams at a time. If I keep losing I will also soon get to one of my plateau weights which is always hard to break from - and again one that if I see on the scales for too long makes me feel like saying forget it... if you're not going to lose on two PP's, have a piece of cake and be done with it, although I will ENDEAVOUR to not fall into that, again.

Friday:

B: Salmon fillet
L: Didn't really have lunch... just sampled the dinner as I cooked it!
D: Steak chilli, courgettes and butternut squash - this was my extra addition this week, I added cocoa powder (Tesco fat reduced) to the chilli and had the squash which I have been avoiding for the past few weeks.

S: Oatbran galette with lemon

Exercise: Long walk, yoga.

Saturday:

L: McDonalds grilled chicken salad
D: Steak burgers and grilled vegetables

S: Oatbran galette with lemon - haven't had lemon in ages and realise this should probably be restircted!

Exercise: Spent the whole day in London from Notting Hill to Bank, so plenty of walking!

- and again one that if I see on the scales for too long makes me feel like saying forget it... if you're not going to lose on two PP's, have a piece of cake and be done with it

Isn't it amazing how the mind works. You'd think a stall would encourage us to tighten our plans up even further yet, like you, it tends to do the reverse! While a good weight loss encourages me to do whatever it takes to lose even more!

Glad to see that you're still around, Brownie. I know that it's been really hard work for you and a long learning curve, but it seems as though you're learning to get to grip with the diet to suit your particular needs. Good to know that elements of it actually tie in well with what you should be eating for your PCOS.

What an inspiration you are to people not to give up. :)

It's true Jo! After a good loss I am always more determined to do well that day. If I see a loss in the mirror but not on the scales it's a difficult one, because I think... I feel slimmer, I look slimmer... but is that just wishful thinking when the scales say 1lb higher? Finding that I have loose clothing is always a good incentive too!

Thanks DD :) Even though I ad a couple of moments where I collapsed this summer, I have generally been very dedicated to the diet - and finding that it's medically advised now makes me feel that I am definitely doing the right thing for myself. And it's one in the eye for everyone that told me this diet is unhealthy :D

I think I deserve a preliminary medal today - baked a birthday cake today: a 4 layer banana-walnut-butterscotch gateaux, filled with double cream and vanilla icing. And I didn't try ANY of it! Tomorrow is the real test, when I get to see everyone else go for it. I'll have my little bowl of oatbran at the ready :eek:

Yesterday:

L: Cold roast chicken breast
D: Rump steak and grilled chicken (and a good sticky bbq-style sauce made from Coke Zero)

S: Oatbran with cinnamon

Exercise: Long walk, yoga.

oh my word re that cake (which sounds absolutely scrumptious! don't you have a "gala" ever?). I think I'd have had to make myself a Dukan version (perhaps mouse's goji cake, sliced open and sandwiched with sweetened xlite philly... :)

Oh, that cake! Drooling now! :)

Brownie, whenever you feel a bit of wavering if the scales don't show a difference, try getting out your tape measure instead. It can be a real morale booster to see those numbers going down, even if the weight stays the same for a little while.

While I am trying to shift these last 5lbs I am not having anything celebratory - the most I am allowing is odd additions on one weekend meal, like the cocoa powder or a little cheese or something.

And I just finished the final decorations to the cake and I have an enthusiastic crowd encouraging me to partake in it - and I honestly think at this point that I would just be happy with one piece, but it will only stall me and be a real sugar hit! I'm baking for another birthday next week too, and it'll be the same thing again!
It's my birthday next month so I would rather wait till then... if I hold out! :eek:

DD - that's always a good idea which I tend to forget. If I think of it I try on my smallest pair of jeans -the ones with no stretch! - and see how comfortable they are on!

Yesterday:

B: Salmon fillet and egg white
L: Roast chicken breast
D: Grilled turkey steaks

S: Oatbran galette

Exercise: Moderate walk.

Oh my goodness, I am seriously salivating reading about that cake... it sounds divine!! I salute your willpower!

TY, I thought I did pretty well to resist - especially whilst I was making it, which is when a taste test is actually required!

I ate well on the night out too, half roast chicken and salad!

Yesterday:

B: Salmon fillet and egg white
L: Roast chicken and salad
D: Curried grilled turkey and spiced mixed vegetables

S: Oatbran cake, made with whole eggs.

E: Decent walk.

Did well over the past few days, ate properly, exercised... however, struck today by yet another bout of gastroenteritis. Dared to go back to whole eggs - big, big mistake!

Looks like a couple of days of fruit-juice ice cubes for me :(

oh no BE... :(

Oh no indeed :(

I am howeer appreciating the newly-flat stomach I have acquired overnight, haha!

Stuck purely to ice cubes and boiled water yesterday, so since I am moving on to food today, unfortunately it'll have to be something very un-Dukan, high carbs and starch and veyr very white - I'm thinking of toast for now and pasta later - unless there is something more Dukan oriented that anyone can suggest for me, or else goodbye newly discovered abs!!!

yeah that's the silver lining of a tummy upset! haaaa!

Split the difference and had a small bowl of pasta and half a toasted ciabatta bun.

Not two of my favourite foods, but nice, and, hopfully, on the way to recovery - and work tomorrow :eek:

Good luck!

I find that toasted spiced Dukan bread is really helpful. Leaving out the wheat bran makes it less sharp and the jelly-ish action of oatbran is really soothing on the gut. Adding Cinnamon and mixed spice counteracts remaining bugs as they are strong antibacterials.

Hope you're ok BE... interesting recipe idea above from Topaz. (Am I the only one who thinks "FABULOUS" when having a little errr active transit issue?) ;)

Topaz - thanks for the suggestion! As my problem is related to a food intolerance I will be avoiding the culprit food, eggs, for a while, so no breads, muffins or galettes for me at the moment. I will bear in mind incorporating cinnamon into things too, I usually have it a couple of times a week but I forget how beneficial it is.

Jo - feeling a bit more myself but super low energy. The resultant flat stomach was indeed a very satisfying result - however, as it was virtually an allergic reaction, that type of sickness was so severe, I'd have to say it was not worth the pain, fever and cold sweats - especially as a bowl of pasta and a ciabatta later, I am significantly more well-rounded yet again :eek:

Back to work today, kept it light but still tried to incorporate some vegetables or else I feel like I'm trapped at home not knowing if I'm any better or not. Just a little cold roast chicken and courgette for dinner. No dairy or eggs for me - oatbran porridge made with water. Yum!

Do egg whites bother you, BE?

Glad you got through the day at work - never easy when under the weather as, if it's like at my place, if you turn up they expect normality! (and if you don't turn up, you need a doctor"s note from day 1!)

Jo - I think any egg fresh from the shell has the potential to bother me. I know in the past I have had just the white and if it has not been too fresh I have suffered. For the past 6 months or so I have been only using the Two Chicks liquid egg whites from the carton, or powdered egg white sachets. I had been occasionally having whole eggs over the past couple of weeks and had been OK, I guess this time I caught a rogue one again!

Still really wiped out and drained of energy this week though - as I work flexi time (sort of) it didn't work out too badly missing the beginning of the working week.

Had my weigh in today - wasn't expecting much out of this one as I had about 2 litres of apple juice this week as well as the bread and pasta, and then the few vegetable days too as well as very little exercise - but weighed in at 1lb down!

4lbs from target now. Less than 3 weeks till my birthday - I'd say that was my goal date, but I doubt that I will manage it in that time!

Yesterday:

B: 2 Salmon fillets
L: Out during the afternoon, so no lunch
D: Home made steak burgers, chicken breast, Pepsi-bbq-style sauce

S: Oatbran porridge - water based only - learning to love this one... slowly!

Exercise: Shopping!

Back