Cruising for Eternity

Yesterday:

B: Salmon fillet and courgette
L: Little piece of cold roast chicken
D: Grilled chicken, red pepper sauce, roast butternut squash

S: Oatbran porridge

Exercise: Hmmm... did a good long walk for an hour+ around the local bootsale at 7am - I think that counts!

Glad you're feeling better, although that sort of an episode must wipe out your strength. Hey at that pound going! Well done! Good luck for the next one. I'm alas back at square one (see diary for excuses <roll eye emoticon!>)

Jo - I have the same habit... a huge stash of everything I shouldn't eat. I wonder what it is that possessed me (and you) to keep such a stock like that? All of my stuff again are things you can't buy here, so that's my excuse... but I just like to know it's sitting there, even if I have no intention to eat it.

I hope that pound is gone - had my weigh in today and 4lbs heavier - after two PV days though.

Realised that after my last episode there is now another food I can't eat but process of elimination is required as I am not sure what is causing the problem this time.

Had an added extra this week - made guacamole, so used the forbidden avocado. Had one tablespoon only, I didn't gorge on the whole thing!

Wednesday:

B: Salmon fillet
L: Chicken breast and spinach
D: Grilled turkey and stir fry vegetables (cabbage, beansprouts, carrots, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots or whatever they are called)

S: Oatbran porridge - accidently put some milk in this :(

Exercise: Shopping... little else.

Yesterday:

L: On the move so just a tiny bit of cold roast chicken
D: Steak chilli (containing mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes) roast pumpkin, courgette. And the guacamole.

S: Oatbran porridge - made with water but added milk powder.

Exercise: Shopping. Again!

Weighed in again today - that subborn 1lb has returned so I am still at 9st 9lb :mad:

Losses seem to have stopped entirely again, I know I had a bad week with the illness, but I've ground to a real halt. Wondering what is slowing things down so much? Having said that I have very low on the exercise for a good two weeks now. I also eat a lot of salmon - usually every day - wondering if that contributes, or if full stop that's just too much to be healthy?

Yesterday:

B: Salmon fillets
L: Cold roast chicken
D: Steak burgers

S: Oatbran

Exercise: Walking... just about 20 minutes, not terribly exerting!

Or could it simply be that your body is saying that it's had enough? And that your current weight is your stabilisable weight?

After another bad Sunday for me, I'm low on helpful words for others, but looking at your stats, I always come back to the same conclusion! (Sorry!)

No I don't think so, because back earlier on in the year I stabilised at 5lbs lower than this comfortably for a long time. Even then I still wanted to lose and I got to goal, which was 126lbs, and stayed there for a bit and went a few lbs past goal too - the only reason I reset my goal to a higher 130lbs was because I stabilised there for a long time.

I think it can be more difficult to make a reasonable judgement based on the figures because on paper (err or on screen) it looks like yes for me at 5"8 135lbs is not unreasonable; however, I think if you saw me you would understand that the additional loss is not unachievable or too low. On paper, if I weighed 145lbs generally a lot of people would say that's a fine weight for me - but if you saw me you'd know it wasn't. Bear in mind I don't have a high start weight that should make a lower target unreachable.

Being sick on and off and taking hormones and having the slip ups in the summer haven't helped - lack of exercise these past couple of weeks hasn't either.

Yesterday:

B: 'Omelette' of Two Chicks liquid egg whites - trial
L: Cold roast chicken and salad
D: Roast chicken with cabbage and carrots and vegetable gravy (roast carrots and celery base)

S: Oatbran porridge

Exercise: None! Not even a walk!

Had a couple of weeks away, busy, PC problems...

So things had been going pretty well for me, 4-5lbs from goal again, then my birthday came up. And I had it all planned really well, modest celebration meal and cake...

...which gloriously slipped into something far less modest!

Since then I things have been harder - more IBS problems, just been diagnosed with dyspepsia too, and both of these are making it difficult to eat properly - plus barely able to drink without feeling nauseous - as so many foods are now giving me problems. I don't know how much more I have gained (I'd estimate another 5lbs, I feel huge and very unfit and uncomfortable) but it's hard to get back to it properly, i.e. eating mainly protein, as with digestive issues that's not specifically advisable!

I think at the moment I am going to go from my steady cruise PP/PV to a light conso whereby I am having vegetables every day. I know things are going to get more difficult over Christmas too so I hope allowing more vegetables and some fruit will temper any extreme carb-sugar-cravings.

Need to pick back up the exercise too when I feel like moving around more - this week even a half hour walk has been too exerting, although I managed it!

Gosh BE I am sorry to hear of your further health problems. Hope you're ok x

ouch brownie, that doesn't sound like fun! :( I hope you had a good birthday though? I suffered with awful dyspepsia for a long time, to the point where even drinking water seemed to unsettle my stomach! doing dukan this year has really helped me though, the doctor thought it could be triggered by some kind of intolerance to wheat or even coeliac disease (although I still eat my oatbran..) well done for getting straight back on the wagon, & I hope you feel better soon (especially with a bit more fruit & veg down you!).. you'll be at target in no time x

Jo - me too, haha! Doesn't help that TOTM decided ro reappear and throw things out even further!

Birthday was good, thank you - was proud of myself for keeping the meal light, celebration wise, but had probably the best cake ever and way too much of it :eek: I don't think it would have been a problem if I hadn't had these other problems come up.

Lorly - Glad to hear that Dukan can help with the dyspepsia - someone already suggested that the diet was the cause of the problem which left me making the same protestations as usual!!! Were you medicated with it? The dyspepsia has been awful in all honesty - really crippling abdominal pain, could barely sit up for a couple of days! I know what you mean about the water - cramps and nausea after even a tiny glass to start with! I'm only on over-the-counter medicine at the moment. I HOPE that if I balance my diet more it might help stabilise the problems a little.

It's driving me crazy because I just feel so uncomfortable and I want to get back to the basics immediately, lean protein and 8 pints of water, go for a good run and do a full yoga session but that's not in the picture at the moment.

Thanks for comments as usual :)

Cold/flu at the moment now too! Been trying fruit juices (despite the sugar) and some nuts (high protein, despite the fat and oil content) over the weekend in the vain attempt of adding some sort of a vitamin boost. Failing.

Did manage to turn down a Pop Tart yesterday, despite my woes. Very proud of myself for that :D

Yesterday:

B: Oatbran
L: Small grilled turkey steak, squash, spinach
S: Handful of raw almonds
D: Little chicken breast, vegetables, roast mini-pumpkin
S: Extra oatbran

Exercise: Short walk... but a fast one!

Yesterday:

Flu-ing really bad right now!

Tentative attempt at dairy again, trying some lactase enzyme supplements to see if it helps.

S: Small glass of milk
D: Cold roast chicken
S: Oatbran

Exercise: Nope!

Weighed in today - 1lb down.

Oh god I love a pop tart... :sigh: The "chocolatier" and "marshmallowier" the better... but I digress, well done for resisting and for losing another 1lb.

I took lanzoprazole for the acid, and domperidone (love the name!) for the nausea that went alongside it, but cutting the carbs has really helped and I don't take them any more. Hope they get to the bottom of it all, have you had an endoscopy or anything?

Fingers crossed the flu buzzes off soon too! x

Just reviving my diary for a quick minute, it's been a long, long time!

I am currently in America and trying to eat Dukan-style... having some trouble finding the right products right now, if anyone here can help, please give me some advice! I am also 6 months pregnant so I am having some extra additions to my diet, but still sticking to Dukan-OK products as best I can!

Back