Crunchy's SW Veggie, GREEN diary

i'm back!! I toyed with WW but really can't be doing with counting EVERYTHING1 I'm going to make a real effort to fill in my food diary to keep me accountable and help me stay on track, plus do my Beck book, ready to put positive post-its round the house!

Well today has gone really well, I have a little notebook and I use this to jot down what I am eating, I don't mind and it means I can keep a tab of things.

Breakfast: 35g oats (HeB) with skimmed milk (HeA) with frozen fruit.
Snack- Hifi bar (HeB)
Lunch- Butternut squash soup, mini Babybel light (2 syns)

Snack- bread (4 syns) tsp marg (1 syn) quorn slice, tsp extra light mayo (1 syn)
mini babybel light (2 syns)

Dinner- Quorn bolognese with spaghetti, green veg and carrots, quorn sausage (1 syn)
F. free yogurt with melon and sweetener

Drinks- Tea with skim milk (HeA)

Syns 11

I need to lose weight, I've not been committed to SW wholeheartedly but know I can take each day at a time and I can do this even if it's a pound a week!!

Last edited:
Good to hear from ya, was wondering where you had gone!

How is it going now you've started again? x

Oh it is so hard to lose the weight, I was so tempted by WW as I see my mum losing weight every week on it, but then I go on here on the sw forum and loads are shifting the pounds so it does give me confidence that I can do the same. I have a little black book and I have been writing down everything I eat in there so I can keep track. I went WAY over syns yesterday as ate loads of biscuits, so slate wiped clean, been really good today, Going to read Beck tonight and really commit to one diet not keep switching and start working my way through that so I stop self sabotaging my diet

Last edited:
Monday

Breakfast- 35g Oats (HeB) with banana and strawberries. Toast (HeB) with marmite.

Lunch- WW wrap (5.5)
40g light feta (4)
lettuce, tomato and cucumbersalad cream light (1)
Ryvita Minis (5)

FF Activia yogurt

Dinner- Quorn pieces, chopp tomatoes, onion, herbs and garlic, mash potato, gravy (1 syn)
FF yogurt and fruit, ginger nut biscuit (2)

Drinks- Tea with milk (2x HeA)

Syns- 18.5

Didn't realise I was going to go over my syns, I started the day doing WW but got so hungry by dinner that I reverted back to SW and had to count my WW stuff as syns. I have my last SW countdown session this week so need to decide what to do and was wondering whether to switch or not but I like how much free food there is on SW and you need never go hungry plus it will help my chubby daughter

Sw seems a bit easier to translate to family life if you have others around you that need a little help. You have identified your problem though - stick to one plan!!

You can do well on SW and WW - but not both at the same time ;) Find a plan and stick with it and you can do it! Honestly if I can lose 4.5 stone anyone can, I was such a failed dieter before I started SW. I agree as well that SW is easier to fit around cooking for the family but it's whichever one suits you better really :) x

Back on the SW train! Decided SW is the way to go as it is better for family meals and being veggie I tend to cool from scratch anyway, so now to carry on with my diary. Thanks for the support guys x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

So I'm back to stay, I'm going to really try to input a food diary to help me be committed and do this thing right. I've changed classes now, I go to the 5.30pm class instead of the morning one this means initially I weighed heavier as I do naturally later in the day but now it will work out. I missed this weeks weigh in so hoping to shift something for when I go next Wednesday . So here's to staying on plan!!

Good luck Hun. One day at a time and you will get there.

Thanks everyone. I didn't go to SW last week, felt too disheartened but since saturday I have really stuck with it and the scales seem to be moving in my favour. I'm going to go to the 5.30pm class with my son who can play on his DS whilst I stay to group, I will buy him a hifi bar :) Time to start my diary today!

Well here we go, back on plan- maintained last week but I wasn't doing any diet.

B- 35g oats HexB with milk HexA and banana

Snack- curly wurly 6 syns

L- pasta n sauce cheese and broccoli. Large salad with tbsp light mayo 2 syns

Snack- egg and toast HexB

D- quorn peppered steak 0.5 syns, loads of veg, mash and beans

Snack Activia Peach f f yogurt

Drinks- tea with milk HexA

Syns total- 8.5

B- 35g Oats HeB with milk HeA and banana

L- spaghetti on toast HeB with carrots spinach and sprouts.

Snack 1/2 pack munchies 7 syns hifi light 3 syns

Dinner- egg, baked potato and spinach Dahl (from curry book- was delicious!!)

Supper- apple, mugshot, toast 3 syns, laughing cow light 1.5 syns

Drinks- tea with milk HeA

Total Syns- 14.5

Well I've rejoined SW last night, so going to keep a diary to keep me on track. I've managed to lose 23 1/2 lbs so far using my own methods and a bit of WW thrown in. I just prefer SW and its plan and our leader is blonde and very glamourous lol and something to aspire to. So here I am again ready to go still following the green plan being a vegetarian so green is the way to go. I never understand on the green plan why you get extra healthy extras but you do which suits me as I drink loads of tea so need the milk!

Well it's not been going great so far, I've lost nothing in 5 days. Part of me wonders whether it's my meds as I know weight gain is a side effect so going to ask the Dr tomorrow . I have managed to lose 24lbs albeit slowly so I know it can be done. Although I'm doing Green I am still trying to load my plate with salad or veg, I need to get more frozen veg in as I only have carrots and cauliflower in. Anyway yesterday I didn't eat too well I binged on warburtons toastie and houmous and didn't even syn it. But the rest of the food I ate was ok
Monday 12th May
B- 30g shredded wheat bite size (B)
L- spaghetti hoops on 2x small bread (B)
D- crust less quiche using pasta n sauce and eggs, salad with salad cream (2.5) and olives (2)
Drinks and Snacks- 375ml skimmed milk (A), peach slices (2.5) f f yogurt. Mini cheddars (6.5)
I know I went over my syns with the toast and houmous. I think my dinner was not filling enough so I got really hungry later. I need low syn snacks.

Back