Cucumber??

MrsGmF

Hi Guys, I am a newbie to this site so please be gentle!!

Im struggling with incorporating superfree into every meal so if i have batchelors past n sauce (free with no milk) can i have cucumber sticks afterwards instead and this still counts?

Do i have to have superfree with every meal??? i.e scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast.

Thanks in advance.

Gemma. :wave_cry:

If you're following the "Extra Easy" plan then yes, you do need to have 1/3 SuperFree with every meal.

The whole point of having this 1/3 SuperFree is so that you subconciously limit the amount of other food you have. SuperFree foods tend to be lower in calories but also have more filling power than most other foods.

So, in relation to that point ^^ you would be better off having your cucumber sticks before the pasta, rather than afterwards.

Another way to incorporate more SuperFree is by adding it to the pasta. What about sliced mushrooms and peppers? Or perhaps some broccolli? Depending on which flavour you're having.

With your scrambled eggs and toast what about grilled mushrooms and maybe some chopped tomatoes? There are loads of ways of getting your SuperFree into your meals.

The book says try to fill 1/3 with superfree, so sometimes if you don't have it I wouldn't worry. Also, the book states if you are having a meal with healthy extras, so this would be your scrambled egg on toast, there's a control already built in so you don't need it unless you want it x

The book says try to fill 1/3 with superfree, so sometimes if you don't have it I wouldn't worry. Also, the book states if you are having a meal with healthy extras, so this would be your scrambled egg on toast, there's a control already built in so you don't need it unless you want it x

I thought it was only if your whole meal was made of healthy extra's, i.e. cereal and milk? Because having scrambled egg and toast wouldn't necessarily be a control for me. I could also stuff myself with bacon, sausage, scrambled egg, beans..but that's still no SuperFree. Or maybe I'm just greedy? It's all rather confusing I think.

All I know is that the more you follow the 1/3 SuperFree "rule", the better your results will be :)

^I thought that too - But reading the book last night it said if you have beans on toast then you don't need 1/3 sf because it's a HEX

I thought it was only if your whole meal was made of healthy extra's, i.e. cereal and milk? Because having scrambled egg and toast wouldn't necessarily be a control for me. I could also stuff myself with bacon, sausage, scrambled egg, beans..but that's still no SuperFree. Or maybe I'm just greedy? It's all rather confusing I think.

All I know is that the more you follow the 1/3 SuperFree "rule", the better your results will be :)

As the person above me said, the book says different. Beans / scrambled eggs on toast means there's already a control there. And the 1/3 super free is there to maximise results but you don't HAVE to have it, but if you do the results will be better. It is pretty confusing lol I just tend to try not to over think it xx

Thank you all so much. It's hard trying to get my head around thing but i think i'm getting there. Although we went to Costco at the weekend and i had an Ice Cream Cup form the cafe. i want to syn it but have no idea whats in it. is there anywhere on here i could look?

Thanks for your help! i hope i do as well as you guys.

There seems to be a lot of people on here who think that the 1/3 superfree is a cast-iron rule, maybe it was once, but really, it isn't. No need to stress about it!

I think it is there just to ensure we eat plenty of fruit and veg. For obvious reasons most people on SW (me included!) are there precisely because we didn't eat enough fruit and veg and stuffed our faces with things that made us porky.

On SW you could have a dinner of jacket spuds with a tin of beans on and HEa cheese on top of that. Have some diet coke and you've got yourself a freefood and low-fat meal, which is good. But if you ate that every dinnertime, it's hardly balanced is it? By adding a side-salad and a couple of apples for pud, it's much more balanced and fills you up more, even though the salad adds very few calories. As the book says, a spag bol is a freefood meal with the veg in it already, so if you want to have a side-salad then great, but if not then don't worry about it.

SW is deliberately not a restrictive plan, but if you're the sort of person who likes a few more controls and regulations to help you on your journey, then indeed why not use the 1/3 superfree as a rule. If you're like me and adapt your current recipes to fit the plan, you'll still lose lots of weight but without feeling like big brother is looking over your shoulder tutting at your food choices!

I now find it really easy to incorporate 1/3 into each meal. This way i know that i'm sticking to the plan the best i can. Pasta and Sauce, why not add some chopped veg? ie Broccoli, red pepper, mushrooms, spring onions, or have it with a side salad? Rocket, tomatoes, cucumber, grated carrot or beetroot for example?

Scrambled Egg on Toast, how about grilled tomatoes or mushrooms, or some tinned tomatoes or baked beans?

If i'm making a spaghetti bolognese i use tinned tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, courgettes, and if i do a chilli for example i add chopped celery, carrots, onions, peppers and mushrooms.

I find sugar snap peas, babycorn asparagus etc are an easy addition to the side of your plate.

Or roast veg is so so easy Butternut Squash, Cherry Tomatoes, Peppers, Aubergine, Courgette, Onions, splash over balsamic vinegar and cracked black pepper voila

Cottage pie?? Chuck in onions and mushrooms, peas ad diced carrots and then top with a swede and carrot or celeriac and swede mashed top

Hope that gives you some ideas?? xxx

Back