Culinary Flops!!

stivesliz

Gold Member
Ok, we all love to post our recipe ideas and new things we have tried out but have any of you ever made something, had high hopes, and it's tasted yuk????

I made a strawberry and vanilla mousse today as I need something sweet and I have just tried some.
Hmm - I think it all went wrong when I didn't stir the gelatine in properly and when I took a huge bite of the pinky coloured fluffiness I ended up with what i thought was a piece of sellotape in my mouth , only to realise it was part of the gelatine strip that I hadn't checked to make sure it had dissolved lol.

I will try again tomorrow - but will be more patient! x :D:D:D

I made a scan bran carrot cake but wrapped it in tin foil before it had cooled completely, when I ate it 2 days later it made me violently sick!
Fastest way to loose weight..........lost several Lbs in one go!!

Made scan bran carrot cake at the weekend and it completely fell apart after cooking. Whole lot went in the food bin, so bit discouraged from trying again.

i made the potato, brocolli bake thing (a couple of calenders ago) and ended up having to throw it away (i never throw food away lol) it was horrid

The scan bran fudge cake tasted discusting! Won't be making it again. Rather use my syns for my home baking that works lol x

I made a scan bran cake that was horrible. Will rather buy shop bought and syn it. Never again! Tesco sells bag of 10 small choc brownies that are 2.5 syns each.

Against most of the people on here, I made diet coke chicken and really didn't like it. Far too sweet for me, wouldn't make it again. Really disappointed after the raving on here by others

Against most of the people on here, I made diet coke chicken and really didn't like it. Far too sweet for me, wouldn't make it again. Really disappointed after the raving on here by others

We finally tried it last week too, i liked it but like youself it's very sweet, i couldn't eat all mine, i'll be sharing my portion with little one x

I made the chocolate mousse from the SW website and it was horrible! If something is only 1 syn and supposed to be a nice pud then it's doubtful it will be!

To put it in to context, even my teenager and cats wouldn't touch it and they will eat ANYTHING ?

A couple of months ago I also made the chicken liver and bacon pate that somebody posted the recipe for on here. Taste was ok but couldn't get past the look of it. Looked like a runny cat poo in colour and consistency . Mmmm won't be making that again !
However I do like chicken livers in a curry and haven't eaten them for years so this recipe helped me find something else to cook.

The syn-free houmous! I adore houmous but the home made version just did not work for me at all - it was vile! :(

Made the oreo cheesecake and chocolate moose both vile all i cud taste was quark aw god then the banana cake boakkkkk and the chicken tikka jesus the fromage frais curdled well ya can get a good laugh about that if u read my diary thread lol had many sucesses though so i will still be trying all new recipies once oh god nearly forgot baked bean lasagne never tasted so much tomato in my life ewww it was such a waste i was heavin on it haha

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Chipmunk89 said:
The syn-free houmous! I adore houmous but the home made version just did not work for me at all - it was vile! :(

I thought this then remembered I forgot the garlic ..when I added that it made a difference

Somebody posted about a White choc cheesecake, I was so excited all day, even my oh (on SW too coul not contain his excitement) what a let down just tasted of quark and the alpen base went rock hard and wouldn't come out the dish. The poster said it tastsed really naughty ...yeah right!!!

Somebody posted about a White choc cheesecake, I was so excited all day, even my oh (on SW too coul not contain his excitement) what a let down just tasted of quark and the alpen base went rock hard and wouldn't come out the dish. The poster said it tastsed really naughty ...yeah right!!!

Aww, that's a shame. That's one of my favourite SW recipes! I think it depends on taste though, I use 1 Options sachet to every half tub of quark (so 125ml) and that is enough for me but for some it's still not sweet enough. The Alpen's do go quite hard, especially if you put the cheesecake in the fridge, but once you crack it once it's easier to eat I find!

Chipmunk89 said:
Aww, that's a shame. That's one of my favourite SW recipes! I think it depends on taste though, I use 1 Options sachet to every half tub of quark (so 125ml) and that is enough for me but for some it's still not sweet enough. The Alpen's do go quite hard, especially if you put the cheesecake in the fridge, but once you crack it once it's easier to eat I find!

Mmmm I used two sachets for one tub although I did think I was being clever by making it in the morning and putting it in the fridge all day lol. I'm not a massive sweet tooth so maybe I was expecting too much :)

made celraic soup today..put 1 mushroom in that was lurking in the fridge turned the soup a horrid colour but beside from the the consistency made me just want to barf...... my children commented on the fact that it looked and reminded them of cat sick...... binned it!!

Back