Culinary Flops!!

Another one to add to my list......

I put a banana in the freezer last night as it apparently makes it taste all creamy and like a lovely lolly. It probably would, had I remembered to peel it first because I couldn't get the skin off without getting frostbite and it all got rather messy lol! x

I put a banana in the freezer last night as it apparently makes it taste all creamy and like a lovely lolly. It probably would, had I remembered to peel it first

:8855: :D :D :D

stivesliz said:

I put a banana in the freezer last night as it apparently makes it taste all creamy and like a lovely lolly. It probably would, had I remembered to peel it first because I couldn't get the skin off without getting frostbite and it all got rather messy lol! x

That proper made me chuckle!! X

mushy pea curry for me! I do really like mushy peas but still struggled with the idea so I read the whole thread and having had good reviews I tried it! was eating it for three days as my oh was in Kenya and I made the same amount! it was less than ok and after day three (plus added veggies) I almosy pooed the bed... not a good move lol

Snoopy15 said:
cottage cheese quiches for me....nothing like the real thing euuucckkkk

Ooohhh I love it although it's better just done with pasta n sauce :)

mushy pea curry for me! I do really like mushy peas but still struggled with the idea so I read the whole thread and having had good reviews I tried it! was eating it for three days as my oh was in Kenya and I made the same amount! it was less than ok and after day three (plus added veggies) I almosy pooed the bed... not a good move lol

:eek: this made me laugh sooo much.......tell me it was a good week for weigh in :p

dextersmum said:
:eek: this made me laugh sooo much.......tell me it was a good week for weigh in :p

Noooooo lol, it was my first maintain ....gutted! I lived on lentil and veg curry for the other half of the week too lol

I love mushy peas (but not the tinned ones) and curry so after reading that thread I also gave in and made it. It was awful and much as I hate waste it went down the toilet without passing go :))

Now lentil and veg curry - homemade and not a tin in sight - I could eat every day without a problem infact that is todays lunch and hopefully tomorrows.

dextersmum said:
Might be tempted to try and make these ......... For experimental purposes :)

It's down to your own taste isn't it...I can't fault the coke chicken had it las night...it's a regular in this house :) mmmmm :)

It was the fake Ferrero Rocher that did it for me, tasted like chewed up cardboard, I made hubby eat them all so they wouldn't be wasted :rotflmao:

I had a bit of a disaster trying to make a creamy pasta sauce from quark...was trying to remember from memory the recipe and totally went wrong. Was attempting to just melt some quark with seasoning (forgot all about the egg bit!) Whole thing split and ended up tasting like pasta with sour, lumpy yoghurt...eww flashbacks making me feel ill haha.
Bless other half, he sat there quietly forcing himself to eat it haha
:)

I had a bit of a disaster trying to make a creamy pasta sauce from quark...was trying to remember from memory the recipe and totally went wrong. Was attempting to just melt some quark with seasoning (forgot all about the egg bit!) Whole thing split and ended up tasting like pasta with sour, lumpy yoghurt...eww flashbacks making me feel ill haha.
Bless other half, he sat there quietly forcing himself to eat it haha
:)
Mine always adds ketchup.......

Birdmummy said:
Against most of the people on here, I made diet coke chicken and really didn't like it. Far too sweet for me, wouldn't make it again. Really disappointed after the raving on here by others

The first time I made it I found it sweet so the next time u put slightly less five spice and a butter Worcestershire sauce and garlic granules. After my little tweaks it was lovely

I made a goulash with soya chunks as an alternative to quorn. Never tried them before as I'm a recent veggie, won't be having them again. GROSS!! Like eating pieces of bath sponge in sauce. Yeah, spongy and soggy and in the bin! :yuk: x

Iv just made the chicken tikka massala recipe from the slimming world website... Bllergh... It was curry flavoured water... Still ate it as I was starving xx

Back