Curry advice

Wendyswoo

Hi everyone

I'm making a syn free curry (experimental) and although it tastes lovely it's still very tomatoe tasting.
Should i just add some more natural yog or something else????

Depends what you have in it as well, but if its not hot enough add more curry and lemon is great with curries, gives it that hot/sour taste.

:thread_moved: to recipe section

it perhaps needs a bit of stock and some more onions like someone else suggested. I like adding a onion puree to my curries, just boil some onions in some water until softened and then blend with a little bit of water and add to the curry. You will need to add more spices for heatness, chillies, cumin, coriander, turmeric and the likes.

oo im glad you agree britmum, makes me feel like i know what im talking about!

i always blitz my onions for currys.. my usual curry 'base' as it were is 6 onions, 3 red 3 white, chopped with 5 garlic cloves, frylighted in a pan with a bit of water added, add 2 tins chopped toms, bring to boil and then blend using hand blender before using spices and adding meats and the coriander xx

Thanks girls, i had already blended the onions and garlic, but the tomato taste was really strong so my aunt said to add a bit more salt as it lessens the taste and it worked

Curry was absolutly scrummy x

hi - this is no good for a recipe that you've already made, but in case you try again there's a chicken curry recipe I swear by, which doesn't taste tomato-y at all. I wrote it out in my food diary - link below (am too lazy to write it out again!)

Finally doing it...(now with pics) - Page 7 - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

There's also a great beef madras recipe that likewise is all about the meat and curry gravy taste rather than tomatoes. If you're interested it's in the hardback Curry Feast book (one of my most treasured possessions!!).

Hope this helps!

Back