curry recipe??????? (on green)

queenvic

Was thinking up a recipe for tonight, and prawn curry sprang to mind! I just need to find a sw curry sauce recipe, I would use the prawns as a Hex B, And Im on a green day so lots of rice!

Anyone got any idea's? Thx!

This is how I do my curries - onions, garlic, ginger, madras powder or garam masala (about 2tbsp) all done together in fry light.
Add a tin of tomatoes, some sweetner and simmer down for 15 mins.
Then you can either blend it if you like it smooth or leave it as it is.
Add your prawns or a tin of chick peas is good and heat through.
Add some natural yoghurt if you like it creamy.

Mamta Gupta

Ingredients
•400 g prawns (you can use other seafood/fish)
•200 g spinach
•200 g onions
•1/2 inch piece of ginger
•4 tbsp. chopped or tinned tomatoes
•1 large potato (optional), boiled, peeled and cut into medium sized pieces
•1 bay leaf*
•2 large cardamoms*
•6 cloves*
•5-6 black peppers*
•1/2 inch cinnamon stick*
•1/2 tsp. turmeric
•1 tsp. coriander powder
•1/2 tsp. chilli powder (to taste)
•1 tsp. sugar
•Salt to taste
*These spices can be replaced by 1 tsp.Garam Masala, which should be added at the end of cooking process.

Instructions
1.Wash and chop spinach finely.
2.Wash, peel and chop onions, ginger & garlic finely or chop together in a food processor. 3.Measure whole spices & keep aside.
4.Measure ground spices & keep aside.
5.Heat fry light in a pan.
6.Add whole spices and fry for 15-20 seconds. 7.Add onion, ginger, garlic mix and fry until golden brown.
8.Add ground spices and fry for 10-15 seconds. 9.Add tomatoes and fry for 5 mins
10.Add spinach and chopped potatoes and fry for 5-6 minutes.
11.Add prawns, stir in thoroughly & cook for 10-15 minutes.
12.If using garam masala instead of whole spices, add it now.

hi, thanks for your help :)

Jen - Sounds nice!! how many syns is that recipe?

Anyway I kind of made up my own curry lol, what I did was follow the recipe from my sw recipe book it was the curry sauce with chips recipe, so what I did was made the sauce exactly how it said but just added prawns and didnt blend any of it & added rice (green day)..... and it was lovly.... realy proud of myself! even hubby liked it :) I could use this sauce now with alot of things now whoo hoo !!

if you use the prawns as a healthy extra it is free on green as far as I can see......it was tasty, I had left overs for lunch today :)

Glad you are having fun experimenting.....I have invented some of my fav dishes that way!!

ahh cool... thx! i noticed on your recipe 1 tsp. sugar would'nt that be syns? i meen i could replace it with sweetener? thx!

oh yeah, i didn't add that! to be honest I didn't notice it was "missing"

have you tried chicken tikka? OMG its lush.
Mainade chicken pieces in fat free yog mixed with tikka powder overnight. Then oven cook in the marinade and serve with rice (extra easy is free, red day add rice as B or green add chicken as b).
Serve with syn free raita (yog, cucumber and onion mixed)

Back