Green Day Curry sauce ideas

faith08

Hi ive tried a few receips for curry sauce but didnt like any of them and i love curry sauce its one of the things im majorly missing.

does anyone know how i could make a nice chinese curry sauce? pref syn free :D

I am the same, looking forward to seeing the responses.

Hi faith there is a good syn free one in the saucy secrets book I'm going to do it tonight to go with my fish in couscous breadcrumbs, sw chips and mushy peas! I'll see if I can find the recipe on the web but if not I'll post it after work when I get home :) about 4ish!

2 garlic cloves, crushed
1tsp finely grated ginger
1 tbsp hot or medium curry powder
14oz can chopped tomatoes
2fl oz stock made with Vecon or could use any stock I guess
2 tbsp artificial sweetener
2oz low fat natural yoghurt
1 onion finely chopped

Spray large non-stick pan with frylight and place over medium heat.
Add onion, garlic and ginger and stir fry for 1-2 mins before adding curry powder. Stir and cook for 1-2 mins then add the tomatoes and stock.
Stir in sweetener, bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer gently for 12-15 mins until the sauce has thickened.
Transfer to a food processor and blend until smooth (I used a hand blender). Return to pan, reheat gently then remove from the heat, stir in the yoghurt.

ur so good for postin it i tried this already i didnt think it was nice thou (im v.picky bout curry) but try it everyones different!!

Gorgeous Curry Sauce

totally syn free on green or EE:

1 Tin Mushy Peas
1 Tin Chopped tomatoes
1 Fried Onion (in frylight)
Medium Curry Powder (as much as you want to taste

all you do is chuck it all in a pan & cook it up.

you can whizz it in a liquidiser to get rid of lumps if

I have kept this in the fridge for a couple of days

Why not just keep back either 6.5 syns for a chicken dhansak or 8.5 syns for a chicken jalfrezi? I do this on an EE day and have it from the local Indian takeaway as Im quite fussy when it comes to curries myself Hun.

x

Bisto now do a Chip Shop Style Curry Sauce you make up at home. I'm not sure how many Syns it is off hand and it's not on the website, but the rest are between 2-2.5 per level tbsp dried so I wouldn't imagine it would be that much more.

Dragon brand do a curry sauce you add water to 9 syns for the whole tub which makes 2 pints and it is gorgeous

Back