CURRY SAUCE

suespain

Loves living in the sun
From the 100 Comfort Foods book

CURRY SAUCE
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed – didn’t have so used dried (a large sprinkle)
1tsp finely grated ginger – didn’t have so used dried (a large sprinkle)
1 tbsp hot or medium curry powder (used Sherwood’s mild)
14oz can chopped tomatoes
2fl oz stock made with Vecon (I used 1 vegetable Oxo cube)
2 tbsp artificial sweetener
2oz low fat natural yoghurt

Spray large non-stick pan with frylight and place over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and ginger and stir fry for 1-2 mins before adding curry powder. Stir and cook for 1-2 mins then add the tomatoes and stock. Stir in sweetener, bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer gently for 12-15 mins until the sauce has thickened. Transfer to a food processor and blend until smooth (I used a hand blender). Return to pan, reheat gently then remove from the heat, stir in the yoghurt.

I just made this with SW chips - oh my god, it was just amazing! Forgot about the sweetener (but tasted fine) and added a load of chicken to it (am doing EE). Actually enjoyed it more than a takeaway as wasn't at all greasy. Off to work now (quite scared about driving in the snow - eek) feeling all virtuous!

From the 100 Comfort Foods book

CURRY SAUCE
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed – didn’t have so used dried (a large sprinkle)
1tsp finely grated ginger – didn’t have so used dried (a large sprinkle)
1 tbsp hot or medium curry powder (used Sherwood’s mild)
14oz can chopped tomatoes
2fl oz stock made with Vecon (I used 1 vegetable Oxo cube)
2 tbsp artificial sweetener
2oz low fat natural yoghurt

Spray large non-stick pan with frylight and place over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and ginger and stir fry for 1-2 mins before adding curry powder. Stir and cook for 1-2 mins then add the tomatoes and stock. Stir in sweetener, bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer gently for 12-15 mins until the sauce has thickened. Transfer to a food processor and blend until smooth (I used a hand blender). Return to pan, reheat gently then remove from the heat, stir in the yoghurt.

you can get in trouble for posting recipes if you say they are from a book!

:D Thanks for the recipe, i made this tonight, but instead of liquidising it i chucked all the ingredients in the pan adding chicken just before the curry powder then the rest and let it simmer for an hour, added yoghurt at the end.

I wanted a quick curry sauce and this was lovely i really enjoyed it.;)

:D Thanks for the recipe, i made this tonight, but instead of liquidising it i chucked all the ingredients in the pan adding chicken just before the curry powder then the rest and let it simmer for an hour, added yoghurt at the end.

I wanted a quick curry sauce and this was lovely i really enjoyed it.;)

That sounds like a great idea - i will have to try it!! :)

I made something similar last night. first time ive ever made curry from scratch and it tasted delicious! I only used garlic, chilli powder, veg stock, passata, sweetner and let it boil then simmer for ages until it got to the right consistency. It was so nice, no greasiness therefore nicer than the indian i would usually have gotten!!! :)

Back