Curves 30 min fitness center...

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by BrittW, 2 December 2008 Social URL.

1. BrittW

BrittW Timelord

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Does anyone go to one of these?

I know i need to start exercising cause i want to tone up as i'm loosing weight but i HATE normal gyms.
    I always get stared at, always get picked on and it's like being in the playground.
    (Although - you'd think if the skinny people saw someone like me in a gym they'd think "Cool, she's doing something about her weight rather than eating herself into an early grave" but no they think "fat girl in gym - lets laugh and make her not want to come back and eat herself into an early grave")

But there ya go. Anyway, when i lived in Basingstoke my friend went to a Curves and said it was really good. There is one in my town and just down the road from my boyfriends house so it's close, but i don't want to go and feel like i do in every other gym. The website looks promising but i thought i'd ask if anyone here goes or have ever gone to one of them...

Thanks in advance xxxxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Brittany,

I dont go, but a mate of mine goes and it seems to work for her too. I cant afford things like this at the mo, so just stick to Badminton, jive and the Wii Fit!!! Lol

4. Laurie

Laurie MM addict

Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Hi there,
    I joined curves @ the beginning of the yr.
    If you live in Maidstone is it the one along from the chequers, at the back of Sainsburys?
    If so thats where i joined, i did enjoy it but i have given up now.
    The atmosphere is great in there, its a 30min work out you spend 30 seconds on each piece of equipment then move on to the next. I think you end up going round about 2 and a half times.
    You have to go 3 times a week but can go more if you like.
    They weigh you once a month and measure you.
    Obviously you're going to lose cos your following SW , its more about toning i think than anything. Which we all need to do.
    I would really think about it before you join because it is quite expensive! You have to pay a joining fee and it cost me about £30 a month and you have a clause where you have to belong to it for a certain amount of time before you can cancel your contract.
    You may not wish to cancel which is all well and good but i just want to warn you.
    I too know how you feel about regular gyms, but you get so much more for your money, swimming, classes, sauna's...
    Just think carefully before you join. It's a great atmosphere really friendly people but quite expensive for what you're getting...
    I now do my wii fit reguarly so it saves me a lot of money.
    I do intend to join a regular gym when i have lost a bit more weight.

xxx

5. BrittW

BrittW Timelord

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Stop flaunting your Wii fit at me. lol. xx

6. BrittW

BrittW Timelord

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hey Laurie,

Yeah it's the one by Sainsburys... Where are you from?
    xxx

7. Laurie

Laurie MM addict

Diet:
    Slim and Save
    i live in Sittingbourne, @ the top of detling hill really...
    so wasnt too far for me to go!
    i used to go @ night mainly cos sainsbury's car park is free ;)

8. BrittW

BrittW Timelord

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Haha yeah, well my boyfriend lives just off sittingbourne rd so it's quite close for me to get there before i go to his etc...
    Ah that's close, i live in Maidstone town centre - we should meet for coffee or something one day!!
    I've got in induction booked tonight so i'll let you know how i get on xxx

9. Laurie

Laurie MM addict

Diet:
    Slim and Save
    yes definitely would be nice!
    good luck tonight, it'll prob be an american man cant remember his name or there's a lady called Jan.
    make sure you really think it over b4 putting pen to paper.
    xxx

10. BrittW

BrittW Timelord

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Lol, well i joined up there 2 years ago but never went. I had to move to Basingstoke and didn't bother getting a transfer as everything was up in the air.
    When i called, because my name is quite unique, the american guy remembered me and i was very embarassed lol. I felt like i was going back with my tail between my legs lol. But i do want to give it a go, can stand swimming or aerobic classes etc and this seems a good option for me, i may as well give it a go.
    To be fair £30 a month is affordable for me at the moment...
    If it gets to a struggle i'll have to think about it.

Do you work near Maidstone? xx

11. StaceyUK

StaceyUK Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st1.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I was thinking of joining the one near where I work and going at lunchtimes, and seeing as I only work 3 days a week then I'd definitely get at least 3 days in and can go to another one near my home at weekends. But I was wondering if you have to 'book in' for a session or can you just show up to do the circuit whenever you want? Presumably they have to be on some sort of timetable if it's a 30 min workout?

Also, do they work out what level you should be training at and the heaviness of the weights, etc?

12. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    He he...my Wii Fit is still in the box!!! Ive had it for about 2 months now...we had a new carpet fitted so Hubby didnt want to get it out of the box! Lol...Ive been so busy that I just havent had the time to do it!!! Lol

13. BrittW

BrittW Timelord

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hey hun,

from what i saw when i went for my trial 2 years ago, you don't need to book, you just show up as there are machines and stations in a circle and you just join the circle and everyone keeps going round... xx

14. Laurie

Laurie MM addict

Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I think you can go to different curves as long as your a member. You have to go at least 3 times a week. You dont have to book a slot, just turn up. They do get busy @ lunch times but there are lots of stations so there's always someone coming to an end of their workout. You work your way around the circle once you've been on a piece of equipment your next station will be dancing on the spot of kicking your legs.
    I forgot to say before that whilst you're going around you do at least 1 heart rate count. there's a chart on the wall that you have to look @ to see where you are!

15. BrittW

BrittW Timelord

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Lol, you explained that so much better than me xxx

16. StaceyUK

StaceyUK Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st1.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks! Might check out my local one. I could probably £30 a month but it's central London so I'm sure they've jacked the price up.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.