Curves gym?

purplekylie22

Hi I wonder if anyone here has tried curves gym? I'm 252lbs and I'm wondering if its a good idea or if the equipment / set up will be too hard for me to cope with? They do a 30 minute circuit and I, really worried that it would be too hard. Anyone have experience of it at a very large weight?

purplekylie22 said:
Hi I wonder if anyone here has tried curves gym? I'm 252lbs and I'm wondering if its a good idea or if the equipment / set up will be too hard for me to cope with? They do a 30 minute circuit and I, really worried that it would be too hard. Anyone have experience of it at a very large weight?

Hi I have experienced it once. It's not hard at all and I was over 300lbs then. I only did it the once because I found it boring and too easy so I joined a normal gym lol
Hope this helps- think you can go in and try out if you want before signing up

Thanks Kelly, much help :) I would love to join a normal gym, but I don't drive. My nearest normal gym is £6 just to travel to, or £60 per month bus pass. Making the total cost £78 vs the £34 of curves with no travel costs needed. I'm not working at the minute so that is a HUGE difference for me! I'm hoping that curves plus the 2.5 mile walk I do with my dog each day will be enough :/ I made an app to look around on the 2nd plus they are doing 6 weeks for £39 no contract when I go then so its the best time to sign up if I am going to :)

purplekylie22 said:
Thanks Kelly, much help :) I would love to join a normal gym, but I don't drive. My nearest normal gym is £6 just to travel to, or £60 per month bus pass. Making the total cost £78 vs the £34 of curves with no travel costs needed. I'm not working at the minute so that is a HUGE difference for me! I'm hoping that curves plus the 2.5 mile walk I do with my dog each day will be enough :/ I made an app to look around on the 2nd plus they are doing 6 weeks for £39 no contract when I go then so its the best time to sign up if I am going to :)

Fab sounds like a no brainier then! A friend of mine goes to curves and enjoys it. Think it just depends on the person. I hope you enjoy it. :)

Did you enjoy curves after? i went before and thinking of going again.How did you find it?

Hi purplekylie I did curves last summer and loved it. I was over 300lbs and found it a brilliant workout and very motivating cos you know what you need to do and the half an hr flies. I would've stuck with it forever if I could have but unfortunately it closed down last August just as I was getting somewhere. I know £39 is a lot in your situation (trust me I feel your pain I'm out of work since last may) but I think it truly is a great investment and as you said there's no contract to commit too so it's definately worth trying and seeing if you like it. Bet of luck hun xXx

Back