Curvy getting back to feeling good

India V Australia cricket . I'm a big indian cricket fan ... So feeling good but my tummy is giving me a bit of trouble . I'm not sure if it the reintroduction of food - but it is making some very strange noises !!
I am planning on doing a lot of cooking today - it is something that I don't mind doing , but I really enjoy cooking .

Will try and head to the gym a bit later ..

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I hope India wins at cricket!! :D Are you going to cook anything nice? Or are you just stocking up on meals for the next week? :)

I love cooking too, I really should start doing it more, rather than relying on the quick and easy recipes for evening meals and start cooking from my stash of Russian and Latvian cuisine that the OH has grown to love so much... When he's done with dieting, maybe I'll treat him to it on occasion ... if he's good!!

Maybe your belly is excited that it had a bit more than just powder for dinner, so the gurgling is all the digestive process we forgot that goes on? ;)

x

Cricket was amazing -! I cooked indian saag paneer - this is spinach and cheese dish - very traditional and yummy and even I can have a little. I then made indian bhaji type fritters for the family with a lovely tomato spicy relish and then I made a lemon drizzle cake ... Phew ! Tummy has calmed down ... I am going to have a chicken breast with some of my Saag Paneer for my meal and I have had 1/2 lemon yoghurt bar - it was nice but a bit too sweet for me ...

Minerva - what kind of dishes are made in Russian and Latvian cuisine , I must admit never tried any ... Tell me more

Well done curvy on getting into the 10's! I've just been looking at the slim and save forum - much busier than LL. I'm sure the LL forum was more active when I did it before. Perhaps everyone is now doing SS?! I've been researching the choices, a lot more than LL. I'm going to give serious thought to swapping especially as I'm about to start a uni course so life will be very busy so not sure I can get to class.
anyway happy Sunday everyone!

Hi kathryn - thanks ! - yes the Slim and save forum is a lot busier. i am trying the packs this week. My verdict so far

Porridge - Lighter life is nicer
Bars - I usually have the nut fudge from LL - I have tried the yoghurt lemon and the honey and nougart - and again I prefer LL they are not as sweet and they are biggger bars :)
Shakes - They are both about the same..
Meals - this is where S&S really excel - they are FAR FAR better. I have only tried the spicy spag so far but it was nice nearly enjoyable! I could not stomach the LL ones at all.

I have not had any soups so cant comment on them.

The price diferential is soo big that for me it makes sense to stick with S&S. And as far as the couselling goes there is SOO much support on this forum I dont feel like I am missing out...

I am pleased that I am finally in the 10's however I only lost 7lbs in the last month so a bit disappointed, however it is coming off and I am not struggling - so on the big picture its all good as I know I can carry on until goal. i have def got the mentality of "a stone a month" out of my system and i am quite happy on the 2lbs a week that i am acheiving...

Well done Curvy you are half way now! I hope that is motivational for you

Hey SuzieSue - yep I am finally actually seeing the loss now so I am feeling loads better. You are doing so fab as well!!!

Hi kathryn - thanks ! - yes the Slim and save forum is a lot busier. i am trying the packs this week. My verdict so far

Porridge - Lighter life is nicer
Bars - I usually have the nut fudge from LL - I have tried the yoghurt lemon and the honey and nougart - and again I prefer LL they are not as sweet and they are biggger bars :)
Shakes - They are both about the same..
Meals - this is where S&S really excel - they are FAR FAR better. I have only tried the spicy spag so far but it was nice nearly enjoyable! I could not stomach the LL ones at all.

I have not had any soups so cant comment on them.

The price diferential is soo big that for me it makes sense to stick with S&S. And as far as the couselling goes there is SOO much support on this forum I dont feel like I am missing out...

I am pleased that I am finally in the 10's however I only lost 7lbs in the last month so a bit disappointed, however it is coming off and I am not struggling - so on the big picture its all good as I know I can carry on until goal. I have def got the mentality of "a stone a month" out of my system and i am quite happy on the 2lbs a week that i am acheiving...

I was wondering what the S&S porridges would be like - I'd stuck to LL ones as I've always liked them quite a lot... well I have a batch coming today, I'll try some tomorrow...!
Soups - try the Chicken Curry Noodle Soup - avoid the others! :D Don't expect a curry taste, it's more of a chicken noodle cup-soup than anything else!

As for weight loss - I feel your pain, I've only lost 7lb this month too, disappointing, but at least it's coming off! All in the right direction :D

Russian / Latvian cuisine... how to explain... [excuse the large mentions of all different foods!!] ...well, it's directly opposite of Indian for sure, we don't use any kind of curries, spices - past black / white pepper. Our food is more salt and marinade/pickle based - as the difference in climates meant that snow + salt were better food preservatives than anything else... So, think clear broth soups with chicken or tender meatballs (my OH LOVES a recipe involving clear soup and home-made dumplings filled with mince (a bit like ravioli, but it's different dough mix)), porridges of all kinds (buckwheat, semolina, rice, course oatmeal, wheat), yeast based bread goods (Black rye bread, yeast-dough pasties with fillings of cabbage+egg or mince meat or bacon), and a lot of layered mayonnaise salads. It's all very earthy, Euro-agricultural sort of thing. :)

Anyway - how are you doing today? :D

wow - a lot of the cuisine sounds lovely!! - really homely comfort foods x

Im doing ok - scales are coming down slowly - but I am not expecting big loses anymore - so just happy to plod along. I have been looking in to options for maintenance, I still have about 1.7 stone to go but I have been thinking about maybe looking at something like JUDDD or 5:2 to help me ease back to food once I have done a few weeks of re-feed ? not sure I have a way to go - but it feels like an option that would work for me . TBH I am a kind of all or nothing kind of gal. This is why VLCD works for me and things like WW dont...

Anyhow got a while to think about it ...

OK on the S&S packs I ordered 1 spicy spagetti which I really liked so I am going to order more of them and I will give the chicken noodle soup a go.

I do really prefer the LL porridge ( not the apple and cinnamon, but the plain ) to the S&S.

I have also tried a few S&S bars - they are ok but i think the LL are better IMO. I might try and perservere with the SS bars and porridge as they are a fair bit cheaper...

What about the other meals? do you think I should venture out and try them.. I know a lot of people have been raving about the mac cheese, but that does not seem to be available?

I hope that you are having a fab day and the studying is going well x

Day 57 - wow time flies when you are having fun! - NOT

So I am feeling ok today - just trying to get to grips with the S&S products. I must admit I felt a bot light headed last night and I THINK hungry. I did have a larger then allowed protien piece with some cauliflower mash.. It was weird after so long I think I was actually hungry. Maybe it is just TOTM. I did have a salad for lunch as well so probably went over on my calories ( but not carbs)

So cafe late shake down - it was ok. I have a tuna salad for lunch and a bar as a snack hopefully not before 3pm and then a final shake tonight

So is it worth swapping? I'm not getting anything from the counselling as she always over runs and we end when she is half way through it. So I'm thinking S&S might be the way forward.

hey - financially it is def worth swapping. ! from a taste perspective the meals are better with S&S and the bars are better with LL - Shakes are about the same. The main thing for me was the money and the fact that I was not getting much out of the counselling.. maybe give it a go for a week and see how you do?

Day 58 - I am really struggling today, I ave so much going on with with - in the space of a day 4 of my team have told me that they are moving on/leaving - I was expecting it but not all in the same day!! I feel that I am hungry.... it is TOTM so maybe this is impacting it as well, but I feel that the S&S packs are not keep me satisfied... I am sure that it is just in my head and because I am stressed.... but I am having a tough time... No movment on the scales but I do feel like I have water retention so that is fine.... just need to get through the next few days.

I have been looking at JUDDD and it feels like the plan for me - I really do feel like moving to it tomorrow! - the scales are not moving more than 2lbs a week and you seem to lose this much on JUDDD ..... but NOOOO I must keep going. I want to get another stone off and do my last 1/2 stone on JUDDD... thats the plan.... but days like this make me want to move tomorrow.........

Aww Curvy, I really hope tomorrow is better for you. :( Well done on being so strong, it's very inspiring.
Just one more stone off and then you can move on to better and more manageable things! Just a little bit more to go. I know you can do it! :)

Day 59 after yesterday, I went straight home had my shake and went to bed. I woke up feeling better - I suppose i just have to keep going... Feeling ok - but have not lost anything. It is TOTM so not too worried. just plodding on I have ordered another week of products from S&S - I have ordered some more meals to see how they are...

Hope you all have a good day

I did not lose any weight this week . Totm not worried about it. Just got to keep going

How are you minerva

Back