Attack D Day

Miss.B.

I don't think that I am in the correct place, so apologies if this agetates anyone, me posting in here!

I have tried numerous attempts at dieting, I have done the Cambridge, WW and SW all with no long term effects - perhaps due to not seeing results and living on food packets (something which I personally do not know how people manage!)

It was only after looking at pictures of myself over Christmas that I really noticed the excessive amount of weight that I have put on in the last 3 years (since meeting my other half!! All his fault as usual ;-) ) I had for a while been thinking about doing the Dukan diet, I bought the books back in August but for some reason or another there was always an excuse not to start it. Well now there is no excuse!! Especially after reading some of the inspirational threads on here!!

I have just stepped on my scales and am horrrified at the results! :-(

I have always been very secretive about my weight, probably due to teasing as a child but I think that psychologically I need to get over that and share it!

I am starting tomorrow, so will weigh in, in the morning!! Hopefully it will be slightly less than today! :-(

welcome to dukan... once you get past the attack phase you will never look back ;) i know i havent and love the diet

I'm on the second day of attack. It's not easy but results from day 1 boosted me plus anyone can do anything for five days!! Good luck

Thanks :) My Sainsburys shopping has literally just turned up, so am going to bin all the chocolate, crisps and crap from the cupboards!

My only fear is that I hate eggs!! Glad you got some good results! I'm hoping as I have a lot to loose that it will come off quicker!! lol

Good luck miss B it's a great diet and I've done them all xx

If you drink lots of water and do the prescribed 20 min walk during the attack phase you will see it fall off. I found chewing lots on sugar free gum&zero coke really helped. What really helps like dr dukan said is focus on what you can eat and not on what you can't. Good luck

Well, I've just about survived my first day of attack! Feeling ok, so far! Also feeling very determined after stepping on the scales this morning, for the first time in ages, and finding I'm at least a stone heavier than I thought :mad:
Anyway, good luck to all just starting out, hopefully we can keep each other on the straight and narrow:devilangel:

Good luck Miss B it will be worth it I promise you! x

Thanks everyone!! Am just going to try and make some of those oat bran pancakey things! Angekins13, be very interested to see what you're eating and loosing as I have the same amount to loose as you! Will post all my details up tomorrow. Feeling very nervous that I'm going to somehow bugger it up!! :) Thank you all for the advice! :)

Welcome, hope you newbies are coping ok!
Really there is no way to mess up this diet except by eating stuff offplan, and there is plenty of the permitted stuff to keep most of us happy..! And if you do mess up and go off piste, just start again with a pp day or two, and away you go.

The sticky bits - well everyone is different, I get bored easily, so thats my weakness. Also when your weight sticks for no good reason, it can be frustrating. But it definitely is worth it, and it definitely works!

Good luck!

Welcome to Dukan and the forum - I was the same as you tried countless diets but ............. Dukan is brilliant :)

Thank you all for your positive comments, only hope I am as successful as you all have been. I've just updated my profile thing, and am ready for the first day.

Breakfast
Egg and Ham

Snack
0% fat flavoured yoghurt (with no bits)

Lunch
Prawn cocktail (0.1% fat fromage fraise, coriander and a tsp of tomato puree)
Smoked salmon

Snack
Chicken bits

Dinner
Galette with Sainsburys extra lean mince home made burgers and a few picked onions

Desert
Jelly.

Midnight snack
Diet Coke.

If anyone has any criticisms please, please, please let me know!! :)

Have a good day everyone! x

Well today has been a massive struggle and it's not even over yet. Have felt horrid - sicky and headachy but am trying to convert that into a positive as Dukan says - although that is hard (wonder if he has ever done his diet!?!)

At times today I have been soo tempted to pop next door and buy a packet of crisps - I even rang the other half and said to him could we have Dominoes for dinner, to which he replied NO stick to it. He's semi doing it too, to encourage me. So I have stuck to it. Cannot wait to get onto Cruise phase!!! :) I am craving tomatoes like mad :-(

Keep going it is so worth it - and soon you will be able to munch on a tom :)

I have been reading your posts and they have been keeping me going - the thought that I can be where you are months down the line is inspiring!

Just not sure how I am going to cope when going back to work tomorrow, a biscuit in the Staff room at playtimes keeps me going!! :p The poor kids won't know what they're in for tomorrow!!

Just not sure how I am going to cope when going back to work tomorrow, a biscuit in the Staff room at playtimes keeps me going!! :p The poor kids won't know what they're in for tomorrow!!

I recommend preparing some boiled eggs and taking one in to munch on. This is what I do at work.

It does get easier too....soon you will find hunger pangs and cravings disappear. It's great :) x

You're doing brilliantly so stick with it. Once you get over the first few days the cravings should subside.

Last night I almost went on an eating binge. It was all foods on the list, but soo much more than I would usually eat!! And I just couldn't stop myself eating. In the end I ate for dinner a home made extra lean burger, smoked salmon, smoked haddock, cod, jelly and more yoghurt!!

Today however, I am doing the opposite. I don't feel hungry at all and have been able to resist the staff room.

Breakfast
Galetta and jelly (needed sweetness - the thought of going back to work for 6 weeks)

Lunch
Chicken and boiled egg ( thanks for the tip )

Dinner
Meatballs

P.S 2lb lighter on the scales this morning :)

Back