D*mn it, I ~DID~ fit in my dress!!!!! :o) I'm now married!! Report & pics included!

Congratulations, Mrs Harris :D

I agree your pictures are lovely, ( have a creak in my neck now tho lol ;))

loved your account of your big day, you told it soo well, felt I was there with you, you had me laughing out loud at some points, and my eyes filling up at others:p

Don't be worrying about the pounds you put on, some of it would prob have been water retention from your long flight as well, specially as you've dropped 7lbs already - great stuff :p

Wishing yourself and Paul a lifetime of happiness together :p

Mitten, awwww - thank you!!! Yeah, it did make all those moments of struggle with the diet worth it, the photos are amazing - and the day was too!! Keep on going babe, you'll get back in to your dress too!!

Geri - :D Hope the crick in your neck is better now!!!! I'm so glad we have that diary, it will be lovely to look back on in a few years time!! Surpisingly, quite a few members of our family have asked for a copy when I said I'd done it - so will be emailing it to quite a few people at this rate!! I hope they dont mind how long it is though!!!

I'm down to 11st 3lb this morning (was 11st 10.6 when we got back) so it's soon falling off me again!! I go back to work next wednesday so that's another 7 days yet, would love to be 10st 12 by the time I go back, 10st 10 would be amazing! Not expecting to be wedding weight though (10st 8!) by then, but would be nice the week after to be that!!

Another day, another tetra!!!

Yesterday was a good and bad day, I went to the cinema on wednesday morning to see the harry potter movie, I was so good and had water all the way through.. Hubby was going to work straight after so we went to pizza hut for lunch as we figured (ironically) it would be the easiest place for me to eat.. I was FREEZING in the cinema so knew I was back in ketosis.. He had the pizza buffet, I had salad from the buffet and some (what we were assurred) was plain chicken.. Only when he brought it out it had a marinade all over it.. So, I ignored it and just had the salad and bought some chicken at tesco on the way home.. However, I wasn't cold any more.. I'd had pespsi max at lunch - I guess it knocked me out of ketosis? I thought pepsi max was ok or I wouldn't have had it.. (Lesson learnt!).. So I was starting again with getting in to ketosis..

Yesterday I was hungry all day (as I am for the first day or two) but did well, stuck to my tetras and chicken salad.. Until we went to the pub in the evening.. I had a vodka and slimline tonic.. And another one.. And I was hungry so had some of hubby's crisps... (Why?!) and then had a monster chicken sarnie when I got home.. (I was really hungry...........)

Amazingly when I got on the scales this morning they're still saying 11st 3lb - so while it's great I haven't put on weight it's mildly annoying that I could well have been lighter if I hadn't munched out!!

Ahh well, am back on track - have had my hot choc tetra this morning!

Still making thank you cards - we'd written them all on honeymoon so am just making the cards up now, it's taking hours!!!! Want to get them all done today though!!

I've found the last few days really hard - hubbys been on nights and I always hate that.. So I've picked and picked and picked and been quite hard on myself for it.. Restarts are so blooming hard!!!

But, yesterday, it all seemed to drop back into place again and I was so good, drank all my water, had my tetras and chicken salad and didn't want to cheat once.. I even went to the pub with a friend in the evening who came to the wedding, she got married 6 weeks before us so it was lovely to be able to talk to someone who had been through it recently too!! We had a fab time looking through photos and reminiscing (sp?) about the day!! And I stuck to water!! When I got home hubby and I went to the pub, I had one vodka and slimline tonic but apart from that stuck to coke zero (which, bless them, the pub order especially for me!! I love village pubs!!!!!) and had NO CRISPS - so was really pleased with myself!!

I haven't actually had any tetras yet this morning, have drunk nearly 2l of water but will head off and have one soon.. Off out with friends this evening for a walk on the moors (quite short, prob only 6-8 miles) and then supper at a nearby pub - where I know I can get something 790ish, hence why we chose it!

I'm listening to the washing machine tentatively at the moment - my wedding dress was ABSOLUTELY FILTHY when we got it home.. I went to 4 drycleaners for quotes for it and, because it's priced on the value of your dress rather than (as you would have thought) the type or size of dress, it was going to cost about £200 to get it professionally cleaned. Rubbish!!!!

So I'd seen on a wedding forum I used to go on a thread in the newlywed section about putting the dress in the washing machine...

We have sunshine today - finally - so it can dry on the line afterwards..

I've "washed" the washing machine (empty with a 90 degree wash just to make sure there wasn't any colour left in there as we washed a load of new brightly coloured things we'd taken on honeymoon and I didn't want to turn my dress bright pink!!!)

The bottom of my dress has been COVERED with vanish stick...

And it's currently whirling it's way round the washing machine on a 30 degree hand wash cycle with a little cup of persil silk and wool liquid...

And I'm a bag of nerves - about as nervous as I was walking into the church!!!!!

So will let you know how it goes when I take it out!!!!

Oh - and meant to add, I weighed myself this morning and I'm no heavier.. So being good yesterday has undone any gain through the picking (or I didn't put any on..)

And I'm properly back on track to losing the rest of the weight!!

Have signed up to the August challenge, I want to lose 14lbs.. I'm 11st 3 at the moment which is 9lb heavier than I was on the wedding day so that will take me to 5lbs under the wedding day weight.. After that if I can lose another 3lb then that would be marvellous and take me to my target!!!!!

Right, off to get my first tetra of the day!

:)

Hey Helen

Well done on getting back on track yesterday - brilliant news!!

Er hello? a short walk of 6-8 miles?!?!?! That's a flipping marathon on my eyes lol.

Your evening sounds divine - what will you have in the pub for 790 then???

Good luck with the wedding dress wash!

Luv

Heya Karen!

Thank you, I really needed to - I'd done far too much picking while hubby was at work!!!!!

lol - 6-8 miles is short for us!!! 10-15 is average and a long walk would be 20-25 miles which usually gives us a very happy, worn out hound who then sleeps contentedly for 2 days!!!!!! We're VERY lucky, living on dartmoor we not only have the moors but also the southwest coast path at our disposal too, love it!!

Prob have some (cold) chicken salad - or maybe some (hot) chicken breast with some green veg, depends on how cold I am when we get to the pub! They do either for me though - am a queen of ordering off menu!! Especially when I'm off 790 and back on to the 1000 plan, I'll be back to a vegan diet again which means I really do order off menu!!!! But, for the moment, I'm not even vege as I dont eat quorn (it's a mould for crying out loud!!) and I HATE cottage cheese!!!!!! So chicken it is!

Ooooh.

Well, the dress is absolutely fine, none of the sequins, cyrstals or pearls have dropped off..
And it smells lovely...

But it hasn't made one scrap of difference to the marks... Not one.....

Will give hand washing the marks in the bath a go - I have a thermometer we have to buy for work (neonatal intensive care) for checking the babies temps at home which I wont take back into work now, so will put a cover on it and then I can check the temp of the water!!! ( :lol: )

I'm suprised it hasn't made any difference actually - I literally COVERED the stains in heaps of vanish...

Just taken it out of the machine following re-washing it after its soak in the bath....

And it's PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's not a single mark on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I did was rub more vanish everywhere and put the train in a tepid bath (rest of dress was hung over a clothes horse) and put some more of the persil wool liquid in the bath too, left it for a couple of hours and then gently rubbed the stains off with a flannel - they just lifted as I rubbed them.. Then put it back in the wash and - it's clean!!

I am so glad I did this now - for the sake of a bit of a vanish stick, about half a bottle of Persil wool and silk liquid and a morning spent transferring it from washing machine to bath to washing machine it's been absolutely worth it!!!

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww, that's my wedding dress out on the line!

:D

lol - when I can fit back in it again!!!!!!!

Another 6lbs will see me in it, 9 will get me back to the wedding day weight when it fitted like a dream!!

Having said that though I'm not going to try it on again until I get to my goal weight and see what it's like then!

Will 790 until I'm back down to 10st 10 - then I have to move up to the 1000 plan as my bmi will be under 25 if I go lower!

Hi Sunflowerbride:)

How's it all going on 790?

Hiya Lenny!!

It's been a really mad mad couple of weeks and I've been really struggling with the diet.. Not CD but just sticking to it... But hubby and I decided last night that we both want to get back on track - he wants to lose half a stone and I want to lose a stone to get back down to where I was when I got married.. So we are both going to really get focussed and smaller (well, he wants to get back into his weights properly again so he'll be getting bigger again.. ;) ).. I'm also very very much back on a vegan diet again, lots of yummy home cooked food - have a massive bowl of mixed beans soaking downstairs to make a lovely beany shepherds pie for tea!!

How are you going Lenny? :)

Hey Sunflower,

I have been struggling with CD since the honeymoon - my motivation has really gone now. I have been playing with the diet - couple of lbs on, then off, then on again:rolleyes:

At the moment I am on an "off" and I have decided to move up through the steps and then move onto the Unit Diet for maintenance. No weighing and lots of free foods.

I want to lose the last stone but it is so tough. Hopefully a new healthy eating plan will help me. I have been so anti-social with CD and we have lots of things coming up so I want to be able to eat again.

Take care and good luck :)

Well, Sunflower, I have read through your entire thread, have looked at all your photos and I have to say that your Wedding was beautiful, your photos are gorgeous and I hope you have a very happy married life together.

Thank you so much for sharing it with us!

Thank you so much cute'n'quirky!! That must have been some read!!! Ahh, it was a perfect day - can't believe it was 8 weeks ago!!!!

Sunflower bride,

I have just read the whole of your wedding thread today - you do realise I'm going to blame you when my hubby gets home and finds I haven't finished wallpapering the chimney breast?

Once I started reading I just couldn't stop. It was just such a happy and positive thread to read and I'm so pleased that your wedding was a wonderful time for you. I hope you and your husband will have a very happy everlasting marriage.

You've commented a few times about how certain people have been really wonderful (like the lady from your wedding dress shop coming to help you dress) but I found your A-Z absolutely brilliant and I'm sure it will be really helpful for other brides-to-be. Your photos were stunning and I loved the one where guests formed the shape of a heart.

Congratulations on your fabulous weight loss - you did a fantastic job in getting into your beautiful wedding gown and I'm glad you managed to clean it okay.

Makes me feel like getting married all over again!

Sweatpea, thank you so much, you've said some really lovely things there!

Hope you managed to get the rest of your chimney papered ok!!!

Back