Dad in hospital - have to eat

Hi Red I'm so sorry to hear about your situation and I you and your dad and family all feel better soon. Two years ago a couple of weeks after turning 20 my mom passed away suddenly from a heart attack and for ages afterwards I couldn't eat or sleep so my best advice to you would be regardless of weather or not you follow CD or choose to postpone it is Just to take care of yourself as being strong for your dad and family will take alot out of you and making yourself ill will not help anything don't feel guilty about not doing the diet eat when you are hungry sleep when you need rest and take some vitamins as stress does some very unusual things to the body. In situations such as this we can try to take care of everybody else and forget ourselves so just remember you need to give yourself some tlc as well as everyone else. I really hope your dad gets well soon. My grandad had his triple bypass about four years ago now he was 72 at the time and when he came round from the op his only concern was how soon he could go golfing again and that he liked one certain nurse better as she was irish (In my grandads eyes the irish do everything better then the english and despite the fact I'm english born and bred the fact that I have Irish blood makes me 100% Irish no matter what theres no use arguing with the man lol).
Lots of love Emma xxxxx

I haven't read all this thread but I can only add - go support your family and if it helps you if you eat - then eat!! XXXX

So sorry to hear about your dad - hope the snow thaws quick so he can get sorted. As for CD, in the big scheme of things - do whatever is least stressful for you - whether it be buying tetras/bars and having a sensible dinner (fish/chicken and veg) OR just put CD on the backburner until things settle with your dad.........CD will be there when you are ready for it again, and a few weeks isn't going to make a huge difference either way...... Fingers crossed for your Dad. x

update

Thanks to all of you for your kind words and thoughts.
Dad finally left Bath this morning, and I'm waiting or him to ring to say he's arrived safely at St Bart's.
Having spoken to the ward this morning, it's unlikely he'll have the op before Sat/or even Mon next week.
So... I'll keep waiting.
Thanks again x

Glad to hear that things are starting to move now. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts.xxx

Back