Daft newbie question! (kettleworx)

Spanglymum

Gold Member
Ok so got my DVD set and the free kettle bell, and did the introduction workout today, which was fun! Two daft questions: one - is the yellow freebie kettlebell too light? And two, what order do I do the workouts on all the different DVDs? Does it matter?

Thanks!

If it feels too light to you then probably yes! It is for lots of people. Tesco do a nice 5kg bell and you can pop in to have a careful swing of it and see what you think. :)

Re kettleworx, each week you should do 1 core, 1 cardio and 1 resistance. Doesn't really matter which order you choose. On the DVDs there are 6 weeks worth, so the first week do #1 from each of the three, next week do #2, etc. The introduction routine is (I believe, sure someone will jump in if not) week 1 cardio, renowned for being the hardest one of the lot!

Well done for making a start and joining our happy band. :)

Spanglymum said:
Ok so got my DVD set and the free kettle bell, and did the introduction workout today, which was fun! Two daft questions: one - is the yellow freebie kettlebell too light? And two, what order do I do the workouts on all the different DVDs? Does it matter?

Thanks!

Hi and welcome! :)

After completing week 1, I ordered the Kettleworx 10lb one (the red one) and it's much better. Like you, I just felt the 5lb was too light and not challenging enough on alot of the moves.

The order I do them in is Cardio, Core, Resistance.

Hope that helps.

xx

Thanks for all the useful info, everyone! I did week 1 core yesterday and collected my new heavier kettlebell from Tesco (not using it til next week though). Resistance tomorrow and then that's me done a whole week! How long did it take for you to start feeling an improvement? I'm swimming as well - hope that doesn't matter!

Spanglymum said:
Thanks for all the useful info, everyone! I did week 1 core yesterday and collected my new heavier kettlebell from Tesco (not using it til next week though). Resistance tomorrow and then that's me done a whole week! How long did it take for you to start feeling an improvement? I'm swimming as well - hope that doesn't matter!

I began to notice a difference after week 1. Everyone varies though I think. :)

xx

Back