Dahl recipe?

ninnins

SW ROCKS!
I made the dahl from the curry heaven book last night and wasnt impressed.

does anyone have a tried and tested tasty recipe for dahl?

I don't have a recipe but can highly recommend the tin of chickpea dahl from Asda and it has no syn's on a green day :D

I cant find it! Its a bit of a trek for me to go to asda anyway but have purposely tried a few diff ones looking for it.

Also looked on bbc good food for a recipe but it was pretty much the same as the recipe i had used :sigh:

I love the taste of this recipe and use it all the time when I make Moong Dall Curry (East End brand). The recipe is behind the pack and says:

1. Sort through and discard any kernels
2. Wash (200g of Moong Dall) in 3-4 changes of clean water.
3. Replace water with clean water, bring to boil.

Add 1 teaspoon of tumeric powder and coriander powder, add 1/2 teaspoon of chilli powder and salt to taste. Add 1 small finely chopped onion, 1 chopped tomato (It says to add 2 tbsp of vegetable oil, but I always skip it to make it SW friendly, but I guess you could use your syns for oil).
Simmer on a medium to low heat for 1/2 hour until a rich and creamy texture is achieved (you may want to check that it's not sticking to the bottom, if it is, then add more water). Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Serve on bed of rice and it's delicious!

PS- you can also add in some thinly chopped green pepper (when you add the onions) and would taste nice too.

Back