Daily chat...

OMG! When i started on Dukans 3 weeks ago I done 5 days attack and lost 6lb, since then I have been on cruise (1 day pp, 1 day pv) and I have either stayed the same or gained a bit..........I have been soooooooo good and stuck to it religiously, I have not touched carbs at all, why isn't it still coming off????
I am starting to lose faith :(

Ahh Kay, I'm too new to answer that properly but when Jo returns she'll definitely have so good info for you.

A few ideas:

Too much salt makes you retain water.
Too much dairy can slow things down.
TOTM?
Not eating enough can slow things down.

Dont be disheartened tho. Keep going. It WILL come off. xxxx

Ahh Kay, I'm too new to answer that properly but when Jo returns she'll definitely have so good info for you.

A few ideas:

Too much salt makes you retain water.
Too much dairy can slow things down.
TOTM?
Not eating enough can slow things down.

Dont be disheartened tho. Keep going. It WILL come off. xxxx

Have you been drinking enough?

Any deviations from diet?

Do you have body fat scales?

have you read the section in dukan regards stalling?

but i havn't' long left lol my goal was to get to 8 stone 9lb by 19th october for a hol and i am stuck!

You'll have an amazing holiday no matter what weight you are hun. Try not to stress too much. xxx

OMG! When i started on Dukans 3 weeks ago I done 5 days attack and lost 6lb, since then I have been on cruise (1 day pp, 1 day pv) and I have either stayed the same or gained a bit..........I have been soooooooo good and stuck to it religiously, I have not touched carbs at all, why isn't it still coming off????
I am starting to lose faith :(

hey kay you may not be eating enough that on top of wot nikki said !!!

hth !!!!!!!!!!

and i just repeated wot nikkki said but it is 7.10 !!!!!!!!!!! mmmmmmm

morning all daily chatter's hope we all ave a good day !!!!!!!!!! catch ya all later !!!!!!!!!!!

well I weighed this morning and I have put on 1 1/2lb since Friday HELP!!! LOL I havn't deviated from the diet at all, I am drinking at least 1.5L of water plus about 1 L of diet coke per day (then teas and coffees on top) so I am definately drinking enough. I wonder if maybe I am eating enough I tend to have an omelette or porrige for Brekky, chicken or steak for Lunch and either a galette (if I didn't have porrige for brekky) or a fish fillet for dinner. I will usually have a sf jelly and a muller lite during day sometime too

Are you having sweetner in the tea and coffee, if so can you cut back as that's a lot you're having with the diet coke and jelly aswell.

Good morning all i am at home today had to call in sick for work as i had a migraine, think i may have a cold coming too :( Kay i hope you manage to start losing again hun its horrible when your stuck.

Also I thought sugar free fizzy drinks were unlimited to how many you could have? Other than that the only time I have any sweetener is if I have porridge for brekky which isn't every day x

oh kay i hope you are better soon x

Thanks vicky I am fine I just can't understand why i am not losing anymore weight, in fact i have put on 1 1/2 lb since friday.........Grrrr!

Diet drinks are to help with sweet cravings not an integral part of the day, they stall some people due to sweetners or citric acid.
Its just a suggestion to try.

2 weeks ago I was in a similar place to you, I was being good but the weight wasnt moving and would go up seemingly for no reason and it was crazy frustrating.

Cutting down on diet drinks and reducing skim milk has helped me no end.

Hi all...

Kaye - the most common reasons for regaining (apart from slip ups!) are: cycle (some people gain loads TOTM); water retention (so check re salt... and/or ham/bacon/soy sauce or anything else you eat which might be inadvertently giving you salt)... transit (I presume you're errr "regular"...).

Otherwise, and this is the most frustration one... you're not eating enough pure protein... Can you post menus for a few days and we'll have a peek!

Snow? I love snow! When I'm indoors, beside a log fire, and no need to go out (except for a snowball fight!)... perfect!

My weekend was good. We made a batch of [Non Dukan friendly] green tomato chutney, and my other half likes it so much that we're going to do a larger one next weekend for extra Christmas pressies! We picked fresh beetroot, carrots, green beans, spring onions, tomatoes from the field and I knocked up some healthy stuff and, as planned, didn't eat anything non Dukan OK which wasn't fruit. BUT, and this is a strange one: for those who don't know me well, I hardly ever drink so don't miss it at all. At a neighbour's, helping him fix his hand rail, he opened a bottle of port and we drank an aperitive with him and ate some nibbles. DUH! I guess, as neither are "trigger foods" for me, it didn't even occur to me not to partake!!

So a "good weekend", but how strange to have completely forgotten for 10 mins I was watching it!

I got on the scales this morning, and have gained 1lb since Friday. Very acceptant of that though cos 2 x PVs plus fruit this weekend, plus 2 glasses of port!

Port is not a good option when reaching for the alcohol, but mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Probs my fave christmassy thing port and stilton. I'm not all bah humbug you know.

Well done for a good weekend, and if it didnt set anything off its a big achievement.

Thanks Jaq... I only realised later in the day, to be honest, and when I told my sister on the phone she thought it hysterical as I'm almost teetotal!

Good morning everyone ... a good Dukan weekend for me and another pound off - so 3lb in total.

Oh I love port Joanne ... and my dad and I often have a glass .... or 2 (just to relax him of course!!!) Green tomato chutney is my favourite ... haven't harvested mine as I know I'll be tempted f I make the chutney .... maynot make any this year :-(

Back