Daily chat...

certain chinese chicken soup recipes add egg whites to them - thickens them up I guess and also adds the protein we need on this diet :)

hey chatters ,welcom rach and night vikki ,im just trying to catch up after finishing my frist weeks work !!!!

I wish i could make soup. The only soup I've ever made that didnt taste like cardboard was lentil, bacon and cabbage obv no good on dukan.

The recipe you mention there is an OK PP / Attack recipe for pancakes! Coconut essence is fine.

I bought some "interesting" essences (dark chocolate, walnut, hazelnut, vanilla, lemon and caramel) and must think of using them again in cooking. You only need a couple of drips so they're ok.

Help me! I'm having a senior moment. One of us is a cat person with a lovely 22 year cat who has the odd accident. Last weekend, I stupidly shut my 3 year old cat in a small room without a litter tray and the poor thing relieved herself a little near the handbag I'm using today... it's been wiped, sponged, had white vinegar dabbed on it, and next step will be to throw it out UNLESS someone knows how to get rid of the stench!! (Oooh and the tiled floor where she did it still unduly interests both cats for my liking, but at least I can't smell it there any longer - after MANY cleans!).

oooh Robin - if you read this - I bought the essences etc in a shop here called: "G. Detou" (Detou, Detou à Paris) it's a real ali baba's cave, see photo, so the name of the guy is even more amazing: "I have everything"!

Hmm that would be my 22 year old cat! Unfortunately she wee'd on the tiles in the conservatory a year ago and ever since then I have had to wash the floor with bleach up to 3 times a day. Thankfully she has started to use the litter tray again, but still misses every now and then. Thankfully the other cats have showed no interest in copying her. Luckily we dont have anything in our conservatory apart from the cat tree, litter tray, cats bowls and washing machine. The smell is the bain of my life. I have a VERY good sense of smell at the best of times, so the smell of cat wee drives me to distraction. Cleo did actually wee on my bag once and I admit to being very lazy ad not washing it but instead throwing it straight in the bin.

One good thing is catnip. Spray it all over the affected area (not your bag) and the cats will look on the spot a nice place and one not to mess in. It's like crack for cats. My 3 lose their minds when I spray it. I also grow it in the garden for them. Stops them poohing in the flowebeds.

The recipe you mention there is an OK PP / Attack recipe for pancakes! Coconut essence is fine.

I bought some "interesting" essences (dark chocolate, walnut, hazelnut, vanilla, lemon and caramel) and must think of using them again in cooking. You only need a couple of drips so they're ok.

Help me! I'm having a senior moment. One of us is a cat person with a lovely 22 year cat who has the odd accident. Last weekend, I stupidly shut my 3 year old cat in a small room without a litter tray and the poor thing relieved herself a little near the handbag I'm using today... it's been wiped, sponged, had white vinegar dabbed on it, and next step will be to throw it out UNLESS someone knows how to get rid of the stench!! (Oooh and the tiled floor where she did it still unduly interests both cats for my liking, but at least I can't smell it there any longer - after MANY cleans!).

BICARB (inside the bag - if you can - put it in a poly bag and leave the poly bag open so that it won't spill and close the bag, that will deal with inside whiffs). Outside whiffs, if vinegar hasn't helped you may have to resort to Febreze or something equally - but slightly nicer - whiffy - I'm sure you can get one that suffocates pet smells!

oooh Robin - if you read this - I bought the essences etc in a shop here called: "G. Detou" (Detou, Detou à Paris) it's a real ali baba's cave, see photo, so the name of the guy is even more amazing: "I have everything"!

J'ai de tout. Haha, genius. Looks like he's not far wrong. FAB shop.

Thanks Nikki. I did throw away the big black holdall she managed to touch, but I thought this cheap plastic summer handbag I'd been using had been spared! Alas! darn it! (It's hard to find TINY handbags cos with my walking to work, I need SMALL cos it goes in my backpack!!)

Thanks for the catnip tip. I shall do that to the area concerned!

jo hunny where did u buy ur essence's,and i miss my puddy cat's !!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Jet, get another cat honey. No home show be without one. I used to volunteer at a cat rescue centre, mainly because Chris said I couldnt have any more cats, so it was my fix. I cant stress how many cats out there need a lovely home and a new Mummy, like you.

Jo I wished you lived closer as I would LOVE to take you bag shopping! My passion :eek:) xxx

I think my handbag addiction comes from a weigh issue thing. It never matters what you weigh, a handbag will always look good no matter what I personally look like!

morning all
quick one as loads to do see diary
will be back tonight to catch up on all the gossip

On the radio the other day someone was using distilled vinegar with I think some bicarb as a deodoriser on fabric?

Back