Daily chat...

ooh wish i was wearing fluffy slippers ;)

btw can you have celeriac? celeriac chips are divine.

ooh wish i was wearing fluffy slippers ;)

btw can you have celeriac? celeriac chips are divine.

<consults book> yes we can - Mmmm I love celeriac - tried to grow some but they were pitiful! How do I get them crispy though with no fat? Talking of SW again - I did like their SW chips - although I probably went a bit over the top on them!! The trouble is they try and instill in you the idea that you can eat as much as you like - but on green days that really didn't work for me!! Maybe they should have a 'greedy bugger' version of the diet with a few more rules for people like me!

Thanks Anja. I love squash and I picked 39 assorted squashes and pumpkins from the garden at the weekend, so just as well they're allowed! To be honest I just like looking at the pile because they look so colourful and gorgeous.

Yes AGREE. Our growing efforts were sabotaged by the late frost in May so we had 1 Squash and no pumpkins this year but we're getting a mixed pile of squash with our Veg delivery this week. Can't wait!

Yes AGREE. Our growing efforts were sabotaged by the late frost in May so we had 1 Squash and no pumpkins this year but we're getting a mixed pile of squash with our Veg delivery this week. Can't wait!

I am just cheesed off that I can't eat apples, as we are a bit over run with them!

fry lite - like the sw chips(yes i loved them too but as you i thought oh 2 potatoes is nothing (maybe 3). ) pasta and sauce (whole packet for lunch with sweetcorn) quorn bolognese with half a packet of pasta and a couple of slices of garlic bread!

I just ate my first portion of frozen "cheeseburger pie" - Dukan style. I did defrost it(!) but did eat it cold. Is that how you usually eat it Vicky? I think it might be nicer hot... (ie it wasn't as nice as I'd thought it would be from my taster spoonful Sunday when hot!)...

Guess what's on my head (who said horns?). Yep... the darned headphones. Someone's dumped an hour of their transcripts on me and as my desk is hopelessly empty, what to say...

ah well - the sun is out at least...

fry lite - like the sw chips(yes i loved them too but as you i thought oh 2 potatoes is nothing (maybe 3). ) pasta and sauce (whole packet for lunch with sweetcorn) quorn bolognese with half a packet of pasta and a couple of slices of garlic bread!

- and i used to hunt for the biggest potatoes (the size of my hand and more...!)I could find to bake and then tell myself I was only having one :)

Lol Mouse. see carbs are bad!!! sometimes my plate full of pasta was soo heavy i could hardly lift it :D

Jo - yes hot is much much better :D

Love it! Wonder if you get sprung by a hunky young man. Lol

I wish hun :) it's all geriatrics around here :D x

I have got dressed now -no more PJ working for me - expecting a parcel and don't want to give the postie/the rest of the village too many cheap thrills - not good for their hearts :)

cheap thrills sound good Manda ;) x lol

blimey we have a yellow round thing in the sky !!! still it did rain all night .................
I doubt it will last long either still i think the kids need a walk today so they will be marched to tesco in a bit

Was it a chinese lantern?

I just ate my first portion of frozen "cheeseburger pie" - Dukan style. I did defrost it(!) but did eat it cold. Is that how you usually eat it Vicky? I think it might be nicer hot... (ie it wasn't as nice as I'd thought it would be from my taster spoonful Sunday when hot!)...

Guess what's on my head (who said horns?). Yep... the darned headphones. Someone's dumped an hour of their transcripts on me and as my desk is hopelessly empty, what to say...

ah well - the sun is out at least...

You haven't perfected the art of looking busy Jo?...allow me to explain...always have a stack of work out on your desk... even if it's complete and just waiting to be sent back to whoever ;).... messy desk equals busy worker to those who walk in...so even if you end up lumbered with extra work....still can make the f*ckers feel guilty ;) :Dx

errrrrr. so can i ;)

once wanted to enter a spaghetti eating competition in my teen years (15st then) but they wouldn't let me enter 'cos I was under 16 :p spoilsports I woulda had it licked! :D x

hmm... I thought I could, until in Conso, I weighed out 200g of cooked pasta and tried to eat it... it's TONNES!

I smiled at your baked potato comment with SW... With WW too, I'd eat a lot of their free stuff then use my points on cr*p... (as do lots of people I've noticed!).

Stuffing

- we need to devise a recipe between us for stuffing for our xmas dinner; I am thinking along the lines of brans and onion and herbs .......not sure what else.

You haven't perfected the art of looking busy Jo?...allow me to explain...always have a stack of work out on your desk... even if it's complete and just waiting to be sent back to whoever ;).... messy desk equals busy worker to those who walk in...so even if you end up lumbered with extra work....still can make the f*ckers feel guilty

You sound like you've worked in the civil service! haaaaa! Here it's quick in and out... and ready for more, haaaa! (Leastwise in these "hard times" best to be...)!

If we're talking setting records, I reckon I could beat most when it comes to consuming croissants, pains aux chocolats and pains aux raisins in the office without anyone noticing a thing! I managed 12 six weeks ago. <crikey just imagine the calories!>

Beat that?

oh deffo jo. Just all free veg for lunch and dinner, then you can have a bottle of wine and pack of doritos :D...mmm ww ;)
thats all about to change!!!!

hows your sister getting on?

Thank you for asking Vicky. She's doing well. Not WW cos she couldn't get the info without joining online and didn't want to start the old plan if they were about to change it... soooo she's been doing the "common sense diet", haaaa, and has lost over a stone in 3 weeks - INCLUDING a change of scales (but I won't remind her of that...!!). She's a fair way to go so it'll slow soon enough but she's very motivated by this. To be honest, she doesn't have the same food issues as me. More a wine issue really. So I told her to drink your drink Vicky and she did!

Stuffing

- we need to devise a recipe between us for stuffing for our xmas dinner; I am thinking along the lines of brans and onion and herbs .......not sure what else.

You could put some lean fillet of bacon in it for taste... <and I am such a fibber cos it'll be chestnut stuffing all the way for me... with bread sauce over the top... and oh darn and blast it, we're having beef!! pffffffffft!>

You sound like you've worked in the civil service! haaaaa! Here it's quick in and out... and ready for more, haaaa! (Leastwise in these "hard times" best to be...)!

If we're talking setting records, I reckon I could beat most when it comes to consuming croissants, pains aux chocolats and pains aux raisins in the office without anyone noticing a thing! I managed 12 six weeks ago. <crikey just imagine the calories!>

Beat that?
I made some croissants from scratch once and it put me off a bit seeing how much beurre was in them - I'd rather have a bar of chocolate:D

You could put some lean fillet of bacon in it for taste... <and I am such a fibber cos it'll be chestnut stuffing all the way for me... with bread sauce over the top... and oh darn and blast it, we're having beef!! pffffffffft!>

Mmmm yum!!! - and i suppose a chestnut must be classed as a veg rather than a nut ;)

Wow Jo she has done really well - you lost most of yours that way didnt you. Is she a big girl to start??? And drink vodka instead you mean jo?
mmm. made me think, do you think you could go back to your health eating diet (with branston ;) and shift the weight to goal??

Back