Daily chat...

Good night guys, Bedtime for me, Just have to get the kidlets to follow!!
Have a great night xxxxxxx

Night:jelous:

As most of you know, if it's not raining, I walk to work... (between 4.5 and 7km depending on the route I choose). This morning, striding past a newspaper kiosk, I had to do an emergency STOP because the TOP HEADLINE in the Paris newspaper read: "The madness of Dr Dukan's diet!" ("La folie du régime Dukan"). The "madness" (both its meanings) is then described in more detail in a full TWO PAGE article just inside the cover.

I'll see if I can attach it. Robin and Anja at least will enjoy it...

Thanks for that! Well yes it's like any diet isn't it. And they're right - at the moment it's the top popular diet, no doubt to be replaced by another. And any diet is only as good as the willpower of the person following it, past the target date.
A colleague of mine is doing a similar one (no carb no fat etc), but with a bit more explicit focus on healthy wholefoods, and no caffeine etc allowed. I'm sorry but I did not catch the name (something with B?), the 'guru' is british or american.

I like the opening line of the article though: " you can spot them in the canteen: they look tired and their plates are oddly decorated: a hard boiled egg, a steak, a surimi, a 0% yoghurt. "...

If anything, my lunchtime food has actually improved since I started the Dukan. Forcing me to think outside the 'cheese sandwich' framework and now making me eat a lot more different veg (and proteins) than I ever did despite my best efforts.

And now I've scoffed most of my lunch I'd better add a diary entry too!

Got it Laura - I'll send the article to you.

It's a mixed bag article really - the first page is pretty negative (as Anja says, they talk about seeing people in canteens with "oddly decorated plates" (love that translation Anja!!)... As we all know, PP does give us "ingredients" rather than a balance meal!

Then they go on to let him explain the method in great detail (so an excellent publicity exercise), and then four nutritionists knock it and say why theirs is better (but they don't get much airspace at all).

As I've been saying for a while now, criticism is more about the difficulty of consolidating and stabilising a low carb loss than anything. They talk of the diet's raising cholesterol, but he counters that with his oatbran. They say how they've seen patients lose a couple of stone in three months with Dukan and regain it in a month.

On this forum you'll have seen that already with other low carb and/or meal replacement diets. If you go from any of them to "free eating", the result is the same.

So I'd say it's great publicity for him anyway...He says he would like everyone in the world to lose weight as obesity is a huge health issue.

He concludes that his main worry is how to get his own wife to gain some weight as he personally likes curvy women.

It's a mixed bag article really - the first page is pretty negative (as Anja says, they talk about seeing people in canteens with "oddly decorated plates" (love that translation Anja!!)... As we all know, PP does give us "ingredients" rather than a balance meal!

Then they go on to let him explain the method in great detail (so an excellent publicity exercise), and then four nutritionists knock it and say why theirs is better (but they don't get much airspace at all).

As I've been saying for a while now, criticism is more about the difficulty of consolidating and stabilising a low carb loss than anything. They talk of the diet's raising cholesterol, but he counters that with his oatbran. They say how they've seen patients lose a couple of stone in three months with Dukan and regain it in a month.

On this forum you'll have seen that already with other low carb and/or meal replacement diets. If you go from any of them to "free eating", the result is the same.

So I'd say it's great publicity for him anyway...He says he would like everyone in the world to lose weight as obesity is a huge health issue.

He concludes that his main worry is how to get his own wife to gain some weight as he personally likes curvy women.

Ooh - we're all Dr Doodoo's secret fantasy:eek:

Hope work is OK for you, Jet. I've not been around too much lately, so have missed your posts.

You are definitely an inspiration.

thank you sweetheart ,every single person i know on ere is an inspiration to me !!!!!!!

afternoon ladies ,im trying to catch up on threads and diary's in between telling my OH wot work was like today lol

ive got a lot to say to him today which is nice for a change !!!!!!!!!

It's great that the forum is buzzzzing but it's tough to get round all the diaries each day!!

Thanks Jo, will read this evening when I get peace. I hope his mission to get everyone at their true weight works (starting with those of us affected on here, of course). Although loads of doctors won't agree with his method, I suspect they all would like to see their patients lighter and healthier permanently.

(Don't suppose it's doing his bank balance any harm either;) and the extra publicity will no doubt be welcome too).

hi its 10 .30 at night here im watching Peter Andre on the great barrier reef lol

Do you guys have pics in your folders?? Was thinking of putting some in but do you stick you or your families and how do you make it so just you guys can peek and not others???? Is that possible? xxxxxx

hey vikki ive got pics in mine just a fat me and some family and some when im slimmer lol !!!!!!!!!!

Hello all! Not only awake, but already at work and walked an hour to get here! Mornings are my best time of the day and it's downhill from here hihi!!

I've some pictures (befores and afters) in my file (afters are smaller than I am now obviously!). I think posters on Minimims have to have a certain number of posts to their name to be able to see pictures but am not certain... (Perhaps in the technical section of the forum you'll find that?)

Meanwhile, have you posted your menu? There are LOADS of things to read and comment on in the diaries! While you wait for the Brits to wake up and get to work... I'm an hour ahead of them here...

I'm in training this morning so see you all at lunch! Be good!

Hello all! Not only awake, but already at work and walked an hour to get here! Mornings are my best time of the day and it's downhill from here hihi!!

I've some pictures (befores and afters) in my file (afters are smaller than I am now obviously!). I think posters on Minimims have to have a certain number of posts to their name to be able to see pictures but am not certain... (Perhaps in the technical section of the forum you'll find that?)

Meanwhile, have you posted your menu? There are LOADS of things to read and comment on in the diaries! While you wait for the Brits to wake up and get to work... I'm an hour ahead of them here...

I'm in training this morning so see you all at lunch! Be good!

Morning Jo - will try and control them all until you get back this afternoon:D

Back