Daily chat...

Morning all.

Vickki, that's really sad news. I'm sending lots of hugs and best wishes from Hayling Island. Positive thoughts hun. xxx

Morning. Vikki so sorry xxxx
Jo hows are the protests getting on? Cheryl just mentioned it.

Hey Vicky - I just posted over on the other side to you! haaaa!

I've not seen any trouble at all, except on TV, but the school/college kids have jumped on the bandwagon now and so there is some thuggery going on I hear... Today's demo is at 1.30pm from place d'Italie walking to the Bastille, so the roads between there will be cordonned off so that the police can keep them to a specific route. I'll stay well away!!

I'm more concerned about fuel... and, while I know I have enough diesel to get to the house and back this weekend, from then, I could be stuck here if we can't find any more :-( (which is particularly annoying as the 30th Oct is a 3 day weekend!)...

My officemate spends 5 hours travelling to and from work... cos of transport strike.

Jaqs! News? How's the US? Everything as you'd hoped at the hotel? Food?

Posted food in diary, so far lowcarb not lowfat and forgot to bring bran.
The weather is amazing! Adding more lie by the pool time to my plans.
My room is very swish for the money, though No view :(

oh Jo what a nightmare!
hi Jaq - hope you having a lovely time ;)

Jaqys, glad you're having a great time. Weather being amazing is fab too.

Vicky, we're rationing fuel here (in our household at least), lots of stations have put signs up saying their stocks are dry - we can't manage without cars as there is no public transport where we live. My eldest had a shorter school day today (because some teachers are striking so some lessons cancelled) but I made him get the bus anyway because it saves our diesel (and he'll get his homework/revision done while he has no lessons anyway, so win/win as far as I'm concerned). The youngest have school as normal but some primary teachers are striking too. Am glad I live far from riot stomping ground though.

Really hope it's over by next week so that everyone can get back to normal.

Laura I cant believe the french sometimes!!! we would all lose our jobs here if we did that!

I remember the '70s strikes in England... much the same...

One thing I find ironic is that I'm surrounded by left wing supporters of all this striking... the pension reforms are only to come into effect in 2018 anyway... by which time the left has already said it'll get in next round and undo all this anyway... so why, are the lefties are striking and making all this fuss, KNOWING their party has already said it'll undo it all...

answers on a postcard!!

Vicky - the UK was much the same prior to a certain Iron Lady... ;)

i suppose Jo - i dont really rmember much of it.
will you be ok getting home?

you young'un! The metro seems to be running normally so I shall take it. Any trouble will be above ground, so I shall slip beneath... it tends to degenerate overnight rather than at this sort of time hopefully...

I'm hungry... and have been for about an hour now... boo!

morning all chatter's ,this is jet logging in to say have a good day and i hate work getting in the way of my minimins yuk !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Morning.

Just heard that my Mum is in hospital suffering severe pain in her side (she was fine yesterday when I phoned but it must be bad if she's accepted to go back to the hellhole). Fingers crossed that she stays infection-free this time and that she's home asap.

Not happy.:(

aww Laura hun not again hope shes ok fingersxxx for you
try to have a good day jet
morning all
night aus lot
off on school run chat later xx

Oh Laura, your poor mum, hope she gets over what ever is causing the pain and gets out of there quickly.

We have snow today :(. I dont mind snow, but its a bit early.
Hope everyone Is ok today

Is this in France Robin? England? I'm sorry to hear it.

CATHY!!! SNOW? Lots? WOW!!

Chilly here, but strikes and petrol thoughts dominating... all seemed quiet out last night... Schools are on holiday from Friday, so hoping that the troubles will stop... I can't see them being interested in doing this sort of thing during their school holidays!

Laura sorry to hear your mums not well, hope it's not too serious.

Good evening all. Just on the bike now for 30 whilst hubby has gone for a run. Going to have dinner out tonight and do 2 days of PP. Thinking fish and veg at the local pub and a glass of wine.

Please don't judge me. Just want a meal out with hubby.

Bren
Xx

Vicky/Laura thinking of you and your Mums.

Is this in France Robin? England? I'm sorry to hear it.

CATHY!!! SNOW? Lots? WOW!!

Chilly here, but strikes and petrol thoughts dominating... all seemed quiet out last night... Schools are on holiday from Friday, so hoping that the troubles will stop... I can't see them being interested in doing this sort of thing during their school holidays!

Jo, she's in NE Scotland. Have to wait until lunchtime before I call as they don't know what time the doctor does his rounds.

Cathy, don't envy the snow. Hope it's not set to stay for the next 6 months.

Yup, had enough of the strikes - we're not affected too much really but the pictures online/TV screen make for scary stuff. I remember the 80s too and the miners, what an awful time.

The holidays only last 10 days, so I'm not holding my breath... Thing is, those striking really believe in it, I'd rather go to work that march all day in protest (and have the priviledge of not being paid for doing so).

Back