Daily chat...

Atropos, sounds like a perfect way to spend Easter:). Well done on the loss too!

Afternoon all!

Husband came off pushbike yesterday and has broken his tailbone. He's OK otherwise, thankfully. So plans for the week slightly altered. For the next few weeks he needs to take it easy, however, he's already hobbled up the ladder this morning:mad:. He started the new 'spare' bedroom last week and seems determined to continue. *sigh*

Vickki, avoiding chocolate was easy - I only bought milk chocolate eggs to hide in the garden and I don't like those! Plenty of other 'good stuff' to keep me happy though.

Jo, looking forward to the holidays in June (it's usually a dire month with the kids all exhausted - so, difficult - but as they are still on holiday now, they should finish the year in better form).

Atropos - lovely post... 3lbs in 11 days at your stage is fabulous so why on earth do you want to torture your body with 3 or 4 PPs in a row at 2lb from your goal? In fact, in your position, I'd continue with PVs for those last two pounds and thus not fiddle around further with the glycogen stores... (no?)

oh Robin... "Tail bone" sounds so polite but... he fell on his bum, right? Poor lad! (In fact, I'm trying to picture how one can fall on one's butt falling off one's pushbike. Please elaborate because I have fancy somersaulting acrobatics in my head!!). Kids exhausted? They're ALWAYS on holidays!!

Atropos - lovely post... 3lbs in 11 days at your stage is fabulous so why on earth do you want to torture your body with 3 or 4 PPs in a row at 2lb from your goal? In fact, in your position, I'd continue with PVs for those last two pounds and thus not fiddle around further with the glycogen stores... (no?)

I was so lucky getting the sun this week - it would have been miserable in our usual April rain. (Rain in the NE is frequently horizontal!)

LOL at me torturing myself - I think I'm just over paranoid about easing up as I approach goal - I just don't want to con myself into thinking "the diet is over - pass the buns."

But I'll take your advice and ease back it back - I have to stay on cruise - lite for at least another 20 days because of the business trip to France on the 14th, with all the temptations that implies!

We're pretty much in the same position, Atropos, and I chose to do just the one PP and then alternate immediately since I'd not gained much (and you lost!!). Personally, being out of ketosis made little difference to me this time - cravings a little harder to ignore perhaps - but now I'm fine again, and probably aren't yet in ketosis. Dunno really. Am certainly NOT feeling giggly and euphoric unfortunately!!

Dare we ask where in France?

I often feel giggly - not ever sure if I am in ketosis or not though :)

DD informed me today that she had rushed home from college to see if the builders were nice looking - only to be greeted by three half naked big bellies :)

That'll teach her :)

DD informed me today that she had rushed home from college to see if the builders were nice looking - only to be greeted by three half naked big bellies :)

That'll teach her :)

Hehe!

Morning!

Lovely weather here, so off out to enjoy it. Older two have friends staying over, they should be going soon then daughter is off to play with another friend - their social lives are much busier than mine!

Husband OK as long as he doesn't sit down, so he's repointing walls (as you do).

PP day - always a challenge! Hope everyone has a good one!

Hi Laura - glad OH is keeping his end up :) Poor guy!!
Sunny here but a little chilly, but rain forecast - good for the veggie patch and fruit trees.

Hi everyone,

now I'm back too - we had frost here on Tuesday night :(:(
goodbye pumpkins, courgettes, sweetcorn. I KNEW I was taking a risk before mid-May (Eisheiligen / Ice Saints - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) but with no greenhouse or coldframe I really had no option :( Ah well let's buy a few plants from the Garden centre (instead of my own grown from seed)

Happy PP day :D:D

Oh and PS: still NO RAIN

aaah the oldies in my village are always quoting the rules to me re the Saints de glace (Saints de glace - Wikipédia). I'll be surprised if we don't get a freeze in the country... I saw 4°C there this morning on the news... despite the glorious afternoons!

Hi everyone,

now I'm back too - we had frost here on Tuesday night :(:(
goodbye pumpkins, courgettes, sweetcorn. I KNEW I was taking a risk before mid-May (Eisheiligen / Ice Saints - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) but with no greenhouse or coldframe I really had no option :( Ah well let's buy a few plants from the Garden centre (instead of my own grown from seed)

Happy PP day :D:D

Oh and PS: still NO RAIN

Oh bother - I hadn't even considered that we might get frosts - I have planted some courgettes out. Luckily I still have some in the greenhouse if they have been destroyed. I'm so sorry.

aaah the oldies in my village are always quoting the rules to me re the Saints de glace (Saints de glace - Wikipédia). I'll be surprised if we don't get a freeze in the country... I saw 4°C there this morning on the news... despite the glorious afternoons!

So does my dad. Well they're RIGHT. I thought it was not quite so appropriate for the not-so-continental British climate but clearly NOT. 2 years out of 3 now with one night frost in May :-( I just got away with it the first time I ever grew veg in the garden so I thought I might be lucky again....

Hi everyone, I am a newbie here, havent even started yet, start saturday morning.

My book arrived today so heading off on school run shortly and will have something to read while I wait around.

If anyone had seen me in the supermarket today they would have thought I was cracked. Managed to find Quark & Fat Free Natural Yoghurt and I was delighted, almost jumping around. Oh the simple pleasures.

Welcome Waterford and good luck!

Hehe!

Morning!

Lovely weather here, so off out to enjoy it. Older two have friends staying over, they should be going soon then daughter is off to play with another friend - their social lives are much busier than mine!

Husband OK as long as he doesn't sit down, so he's repointing walls (as you do).

PP day - always a challenge! Hope everyone has a good one!

So sorry to hear about your hubby Laura :( not nice...I once had the misfortune to sit back with gusto onto a chair I'd moved a few seconds earlier to one side :(...needless to point out I sat down where the chair had previously been and it wasn't there to catch me :( (ouch!)....

impressed with the pointing your hubby's doing... any tips to pass on? It's something that badly needs doing here...want to try doing it myself to save a few quid...been quoted 1.5k for the job....needless to say I think I could do it cheaper with a few unwilling volunteers :) x

I'm not sure the exact same technique/mixture would do, Sarah, it will depend on your house- we have an old limestone house (he's actually doing the outhouse - much smaller but same stone) and he's doing the inside walls of what will be a guest bedroom (he did the outside a couple of years ago). We had professionals in to do the main house because it was too time-consuming - would have meant no holidays for a couple of years (and very high up for Mr Clumsy, if he'd fallen he'd possibly not have been able to get back up).

Same technique as icing a cake though, trowel on basically - making sure all the gaps are filled and smooth off the excess and he's using a sand/chalk mix.

Maybe have a google and see if you can come up with some demos - it's time-consuming but not difficult (I couldn't work up a ladder though - I need to hold on with both hands while up there:eek:). He's spent about 25€ on the sand/chalk so far, so definitely a huge saving if you can do it yourself.:)

Same technique as icing a cake though,

Oh no. Now I want cake. With icing. Laid on with a trowel.

(Perhaps I can make a Dukan yogurt cake and ice it with homemade Fro - gurt. Laid on with a trowel)

I hear you ladies! I was walking along the river on my lunch break and there was a girl sitting eating a massive choc chip cookie, and it took ALL my self control not to just grab it and stuff it in my gob! I'd kill for some chocolate right now!

Back