Daily chat...

I used to be like that when I saw someone eating but am now working on a new technique. "Pitying" them, and their poor soon to be clogged arteries! I quit smoking with the Allan Carr book, and still over four years later often have to "pity" smokers when I smell a tasty one (most aren't, the odd one is...), so "pitying" eaters seems a good albeit strange technique too! It's worked so far!!

I'm just doing a little wiggle in here really to show you all my signature... funnily enough, I think I've eaten more this week in quantity (because OH isn't here and I'm on my own evenings and could have been silly), yet have lost... It really shows that you DO need to eat plenty on this diet!

<wiggling off>

I used to be like that when I saw someone eating but am now working on a new technique. "Pitying" them, and their poor soon to be clogged arteries! I quit smoking with the Allan Carr book, and still over four years later often have to "pity" smokers when I smell a tasty one (most aren't, the odd one is...), so "pitying" eaters seems a good albeit strange technique too! It's worked so far!!

I'm just doing a little wiggle in here really to show you all my signature... funnily enough, I think I've eaten more this week in quantity (because OH isn't here and I'm on my own evenings and could have been silly), yet have lost... It really shows that you DO need to eat plenty on this diet!
<wiggling off>

Hey well done on the loss!

Pitying - I suppose that's what I have subconsciously been doing *at times* seeing large people tuck into a McDo or whatever (but then I did not actually want *that* food anyway), though when it's my own kids who NEED the calories just to stay how they are and grow a bit more it has been a kind of envy :jelous: sort of positive, when they're tucking into yummy food I provided (but couldn't eat).

** off to change own sig!**

Well done on losses, Jo and Anja. I, too, weighed in again (first Friday of month) so will post in weigh-in thread.

Another lovely day in sight (where is the rain that was forecast last week for most of this?) and I'm off to the hairdresser with daughter, then food shopping - boo hiss. Homework with eldest this afternoon - more boo hissing!

Hope everyone has a good day!:)

Thanks ladies! (and Anja I can't recall what your signature said before?!!).

Jaq - I decided I'd wait until after the funeral before adding <whispers... carbs> but didn't dream I'd have to wait this long. A week today he passed, and no word re date yet.

Ugh - I've just been told that we are staying past 9 or 10, and "ordering dinner in".

I had to point out that there were no local takeaway options I could eat - and as I've already been here since 7 am, I am NOT HAPPY.

that sucks atropos, hope you managed to get something for your dinner - poor you, and on a friday evening too!

hi vickki, nice to hear from you - it's unseasonably warm here in the uk at the moment, we're loving it!

11.30! 11.30 - and the boss making it up as he goes along, while I just fiddled about waiting to finish my part of the work (the very last, naturally, and the most fiddly).
It could all have been done by 9 or 10 with a bit more forethought.

The supermarket had prawns. I had prawn salad.

Morning everyone! Hope you don't mind me joining in :)

Thought I'd have a quick look through here before I head to the supermarket to stock up on more Dukan friendly foods (via the clothes shops of course). How is everyone?

Hi and welcome - make sure youa re well prepared and have read the book before you start. You will find lots of support on here although it is a little quiet at weekends.

Now today's gripe - why do the official recipes always show something different e.g this lemon tart - the picture clearly shows pastry. Why can't they picture the actual product. He is always doing this!

Low Calorie Diet Recipes, Lose Weight, Low Carb Diet Plan

Morning :) I have the book right here, read from cover to cover. I didn't buy the recipe book though, perhaps I should have?

Managed to get my fridge all stocked yesterday and have cooked 4 chicken breasts to snack on over the next day or 2, and have some muller's in the freezer so I'm all set.

What's everyones plans for today? We had a massive thunder storm last night so 'm thinking a day watching dvds is called for

Well just back for my walk, yesterday was my first day and I ended up going to bed early last night, easiest thing to do on a Saturday night without wine & nibbles. Have a small bit of a yucky tum this morning. Bought 100g of extra lean mince on the way back from walk and plan on making a burger for lunch. Couldnt hack another chicken breast today, had 3 yesterday.

Not sure the recipe book is worth it - there are some strange things in there.

I think I'll give it a miss then, I'm a fussy eater anyway so would really struggle with it

Not sure the recipe book is worth it - there are some strange things in there.

I totally agree with this. I bought it, but the recipes aren't well thought through and the instructions are sometimes vague. There are much better ideas from all the inspirational ladies on here :)

Now today's gripe - why do the official recipes always show something different e.g this lemon tart - the picture clearly shows pastry. Why can't they picture the actual product. He is always doing this!

That always drives me up the wall! I suspect it's all stock photography, bought off the shelf to keep the costs down, but does rather reinforce the suspicion that the recipes aren't properly tested before publication.

Well - never mind, Dr Dukan may not be a great chef, but he's forgiven everytime I step on the scales!

Those noisy neighbours killed my iPod!

I'd been listening to music/books/waves at night to block out the noisy teenage trolls next door - so when my iPod shuffle disappeared a few weeks ago my heart sank.

Sure enough, when I was changing the sheets at the weekend - the shuffle popped out of a fresh washed pillowcase - sparkling clean and dead as a dodo.

The neighbours are a bit quieter now - the official warning, plus the natural waning of excitement at being in their own flat big strange new city seem to have calmed them down.

But rats, rats, rats -

I'll have to replace - it's not just the music, I do lots of research by listening to audiobooks while I walk in the morning.

Oh no, Atropos, what a pain. Hope you can retrieve your music, etc from another source.

Nice here again today, too hot almost and no rain in sight (now that I've typed that, we'll have a lovely rainstorm;)...hopefully).

Tidying up today - had a pizza party yesterday and lots of children were among the guests, so much mess inside and out. I'm PVing today to make up for it a little - am doing it quite naturally as you CAN have too much of a good thing - the surplus is in the freezer. Will still PP on Thursday though.

Hope everyone has a good day:).

Morning! busy busy at work so just a flying visit.

I do have one idea for you Atropos - and anyone else who regularly has unexpected late work hours. When I fix restaurant lunch dates with people, fearing last minute cancellations and finding myself having to go out and find something - not a lot of Dukan friendly stuff around here - I always bring my lunch in anyway. And it simply passes to the next day's lunch if my lunch date happens.

So you could always on a Monday, bring in two lunch boxes... rolling over the extra one thereafter throughout the week.

<Genius or genius!>

Back