Daily chat...

your poor sis in law ........ i remember the battle of the beanfield and the cja all the trouble that surrounded that but this isnt like it at all this is pure criminal behaviour from a society of kids who want something for nothing ....and the parents well they are either there looting along side tham or sat watching their 67 inch flat screen tele all paid for by the tax payer who will have to pay to clean up this mess

makes my blood boil that ken livingstone and the do gooding pc brigade are already out there telling everyone that they are just a poor misunderstood bunch of children .........

mmm water cannons (give em a good wash ) , chain gangs and zero tolerance , then chuck the offenders in dissused army barracks and give em some army disapline

Sorry about the rant - and my comments about the police are NOT directed at the individual men and women who are trying to contain this lunacy.
no we understand hun

my rant is directed at the pc crowd sorry if that offends

I'm a huge supporter of real good-doers, like
Camila Batmanghelidjh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

who founded kids company to get to abandoned and abused kids before they get recruited into street gangs and this gross feral gangsta culture.

I have no time for Ken Livingston whittering on about Thatcher and cuts and unemployment as if this was 1981.

These kids grew up into thugs on his watch.

oooh I nearly missed this thread. HELLO Robin, and so sorry to hear you've had phone/internet issues (which must be very hard to resolve in France in August!!)

As for the yobs, I read that the police were considering using plastic bullets at one point. I say use REAL ones!

I'm honestly ASHAMED at the moment. French people approach me asking what I think, and it's shameful. To see these thugs top item on the international news, with everything important relegated to second stage, is shameful. And to hear the French newsreader last night talk of "exercising caution" if one absolutely needs to go the UK filled me with dread.

(That's not to say that they didn't have exactly the same problem over here in the suburbs with immigrant populations. Again "woefully misunderstood", "poor people couldn't find work", etc etc. grrrr!)

My other half's daughter returns to London tonight with her two children. I worry for her.

They should be posting photos of these yobs faces all over the internet so they can be named and shamed.

Not that that will happen ofcourse because their 'rights' have to be protected....

Sorry to barge in but it makes me so angry. Why are these kids running wild at night anyway? Our four are in their beds where they should be!

<slinks off after mini rant>

They should be posting photos of these yobs faces all over the internet so they can be named and shamed.

Not that that will happen ofcourse because their 'rights' have to be protected....

Sorry to barge in but it makes me so angry. Why are these kids running wild at night anyway? Our four are in their beds where they should be!

<slinks off after mini rant>

Actually the Met ARE posting photographs on the internet and asking for identification - they are also taking photographs from the public.

And why are they running wild at night? Sometimes because their parents don't care (or worse!) and have left their kids to their own devices since they were old enough to crawl.

Teachers have been warning for years about 4-5 years olds arriving at school unable to use a knife and fork or sit in a chair, because they've been living on bags of crisps and biscuits and takeaways thrown at them by parents who have a telly but no furniture.

You think parents like that are going to be taking any more care 10 years later?

I don't understand why in the UK parents aren't held responsible for their children under the age of 18.

If parents were to have hefty fines or imprisonment for the actions of their own kids perhaps they would take more responsibility. :mad:

It's an interesting discussion. Parents aren't going to start caring for their kids because they may face fines or imprisonment, they will just batter the poor kids if they get caught and the parents are punished.
Every country has this problem, it's just coming to the forefront now because of what's happening in the UK. Fortunately it is the minority and most parents in the world desperately love and care for their kids.
I'm not sure how you solve this other than providing these kids with a better education, a way out of their bleak situations.

A lot of these so called youths are over 18. The large amount arrested and prosecuted yesterday were between the ages of 19 and 47!

Whilst I do not condone violence or looting I can 'understand' why our young people react this way.

It must be possible to discuss and understand the "reasons" why this has happened without finding "excuses".

Because there are no "excuses" for arson, theft, assault, murder - but there are always reasons for any event

- otherwise we would all live in state of perpetual anarchy and not bother to try and make our lives better in any way.

(It does help that I am a historian, and I've written about London riots in the 18th centuries, and NY riots in the 1860s. We've been here before, we survived - and we did find ways to make cities better for everyone. We can do it again.)

I personally don't believe deprivation is (or even should be used as an excuse) for this thuggery.

I know some of these kids may feel deprived and experience boredom... BUT I don't think many of them are truly living in abject poverty with no hope for a future in the UK.

Many if not most are seen wearing £60 sneakers and carrying ipods, blackberries etc.. I feel that perhaps they think things should come very easily to them.

The image of that poor boy that was injured and then being mugged from that poor deprived young man was heartbreaking. :mad:

The image of that poor boy that was injured and then being mugged from that poor deprived young man was heartbreaking. :mad:

I agree - apparently he is a 20 year old Malaysian student, and he was only out to buy food to break his Ramadan fast.
I dread to think how he must feel, alone in a strange country, surrounded, beaten, assaulted and robbed. I feel sick at the thought.

There is an example of a young man who needs our love and support right now.

And then there is all the positive behaviour we have seen this week:

Just a few example:

The Dalston and Southall shopkeepers who patrolled their streets without resorting to violence.

The huge turn out of volunteers to clean up the mess in Ealing, Clapham and elsewhere.

Hackney council - who had the streets cleaned and made safe before 9 am the next day.

The staff of the Notting Hill restaurant who drove off a gang with rolling pins and frying pans before guiding customers to the wine cellar and guarding them until the streets were safe again.

The many hundred of people who have taken photographs, number plates, descriptions and passed them onto the MET.

The platform assistant at Victoria tube who used the tannoy yesterday to wish all passengers a safe journey home and quite night "despite the craziness".

The Sikhs who guarded a mosque in Southall so the Muslims could make their Taraweeh prayers.

I'm doing a lot of bigging up the great teens in my social circle today. I'm not one for kids but do want to appreciate the ones I dont object to spending the odd afternoon with.

The Sikhs who guarded a mosque in Southall so the Muslims could make their Taraweeh prayers.

I had a hindu neighbour who told me about her experience of the massacres that followed the partition of india and pakistan.

As a child her family were forced out of pakistan on a crowded train. They were terrified - thousands, hindu and muslim, were dying when trains were boarded by gangs from the other community, and butchered.

The train slowed as it approached a station - the terrified passengers could hear the chants of gangs approaching, taunting them with the fate that awaited them a just a few minutes time.

Then suddenly, armed Sikhs appeared on the platform, and guarded the train and everyone of its passengers until it was supplied with water and coal. Water and food was handed to the passengers through the windows, and the train left, with every refugee safe.

I see Goji berries have become a tolerated item :-(

kriskossi : It was recommended to take a tsp of goji berries daily, is this ok on PP days? I also put them in my Oat Bran Galette and they become so sweet!
sonja : Hi Krisskossi and welcome to the chat! Goji berries are considered as a tolerated now but you can have these both on your PP and PV days except if you are on stagnation. Remember that you can have one table spoon on your PP days and two on your PV days. Keep going and have a very nice day!

problem is mouse hes tying himself up in knots adding and taking away , the diet is not working aswell as it did when it was a basic diet , so I think we will find a few more things make their way over to the tolerated lists before too long

problem is mouse hes tying himself up in knots adding and taking away , the diet is not working aswell as it did when it was a basic diet , so I think we will find a few more things make their way over to the tolerated lists before too long

I am starting to see how it is all evolving now - the people on coaching report what they are eating and their losses so the Dukan can spot trends and change their advice. Frustrating!

Yes, would be good if they kept quiet, worked out the changes on a few willing guinea pigs and then announced them.

Though I am glad gojis are no longer an attack food as am sure they'd stop many getting into ketosis.

Back