Daily chat...

Vickki - lovely to hear from you and so sorry about your Mum. She really is a fighter! Since you were last here, Tan has emigrated to Oz! Otherwise things are much the same here.
x

I thought I'd bump up the General Chat thread... It's nice to get a conversation going on here.

Christmas looms... anyone care to share their plans?

Anyone finished their Christmas cards yet? :)D yep!)... pressies?

I love CHRISTMAS :D

Bah humbug !! Lol not even thought about Xmas yet , too busy with house but I better get a shifty on as driving to Manchester next weekend to see my friend her daughter & my godson so will need their gifts to take .
Xmas itself we usually visit hubby's father & sister & her family in morning then pop to my sisters in afternoon to see her kids & my parents. This year will be different with being up here as we are staying put. Looking forward to having Xmas dinner round my lovely oak dining table with the Rayburn on so it's all toasty and then cosier up in the living room with the log burner going. We are planning on doing the visits boxing day.

Hi - I love Christmas too :)

Am about 2/3rds through my pressie buying so doing really well.

Don't have to send cards far afield - and not many need posting so they don't get a look in til December.

Chrimbo day is always me and OH - we have a lovely cozy day together - then things get busy boxing day with visits to family.

I love having two days of Christmas - makes pressie opening last longer :)

More food opportunities though too :-( - will need to try and reign self in somewhat...

Finished shopping for presents (been this morning) for the kids - just one thing to order. I need to make a couple of hampers though - to be done until nearer the time.

Cards in cupboard (bought last month while in UK) but not opened yet. Need to get on with that as I write wee updates in each one and it takes forever.

Doing less baking this year as we won't be around so much. Will make a Christmas cake (because my brother likes it, so at least I know it will get eaten).

We're going to my brother and SIL's house for Christmas, so will be lovely.:D

:mad: Just been to the docs for my smear test, but they said it was for 2.10pm today NOT 12.10pm which is when I turned up :eek: and I can't find the card anywhere to double check! I hate it when that happens :rolleyes:
Jackie xx

No cards written yet (I'm always late) but I've GOT the cards....

Presents nearly done except for DH (who's exceptionally hard to buy for) and myself (yes I supply the list and frequently even buy them!! Usually for pressies from my parents and DH)

Food is in the planning stage, starting to assemble some baking ingredients... Planning a trip to the wholefood store on monday for flour, fruits & nuts

I *must* start work in the kids Lego advent calendar - I'm making my own - have the calendar, just need to wrap some figures and small makes (from secondhand bricks&bits assembled over the year) etc. Kids will have to take turns unwrapping day to day so I have to try and have very similar pairs of things....

:mad: Just been to the docs for my smear test, but they said it was for 2.10pm today NOT 12.10pm which is when I turned up :eek: and I can't find the card anywhere to double check! I hate it when that happens :rolleyes:
Jackie xx

Oh my commiserations - I once had that, when I apparently turned up at the dentist a day early, but I knew that I would NEVER have agreed to an appointment with DD on a Tuesday (or whatever) as I would have been at work then and was using non-work days to arrange such appointments! Stupid receptionist must have bee reading the wrong day all along when we made the appointment.

Am I the only one who buys her Christmas cards in the sales after Christmas?!!

Ref smear test - better the error that way than the reverse though, provided you can get away from work again at 2.10pm! As you say, Anja, it's very annoying! I turned up last Jan for my dental check up for 6.30pm, and she said she had me in at 7.30pm. Now why would I choose to sit in her waiting room for 1.5 hours, rather than the "traditional" 1/2 hour? pffft receptionist!

It's a beautiful sunny day here today... looking out, it's hard to believe it's mid-November... :)

Am I the only one who buys her Christmas cards in the sales after Christmas?!!

[...]

It's a beautiful sunny day here today... looking out, it's hard to believe it's mid-November... :)

Why do you think I already have the cards at the ready? ....

Weather - yes quite nice here too.

psyllium husks

I keep hitching mine up... I bought some 14s and 16s in Asda + M&S when over recently. The 16s I never wore cos, by the time the weather improved again, they were big. This is the last pair of 14s not in the "to be filed away for another fat day" bag, and given my rear view in them, it's not looking good for another wearing!!

YET all my 12s are TINY! How can that be? Surely clothes manufacturers aren't kidding us we're slimmer than we are?!!

72.0K - we're the same aren't we Vicky? AND the same height! Just that you're young... and I expect you still have some muscle tone!! (I have A LOT of excess skin from my big weight loss... snip snip and I'd lose more!!)...

It's lunchtime, but I daren't move... I looked up Psyllium and it's same word in France so will try to get some. Organic shop only for the real thing? Or is in pill form ok?

I hate the team you've drawn - or rather the MANAGER of the team - but you could well be holding a winning ticket there!
Hi Jo,
re Psyllium...just to say you can buy it in indian shops in the uk for around 99p. i did use it but found it made me stall so started using it rarely. it does work though.

Morning!

Exciting - we have kittens!

It's too soon really (they're only 6 weeks) but their Mum has had enough and basically ignores them (she had another litter 6 months ago - she's going to see the vet soon so that there are no more!) so we have special milk for them in addition to food and they seem to be doing fine. They play so much together, am glad we got two!

Apart from that, weather still amazing - set to be mild again today (although we just about get frost overnight). Need to go food shopping this morning, but off for a hike this afternoon.

Hope all have a good day.:)

Just join in becca :) x

awh Robin - kittens! you lucky thing! My two are still kittenish when it suits... (them not me, you understand, and I'm often left crawling after the toy myself as they watch in bewilderment!)...

Becca - this is the natter about anything and everything thread! Dive in!

Beautiful day here today again - cool mornings, sunny afternoons... lovely!

Was lovely weather her too today, even though I felt crud I spent the afternoon outdoors doing outdoor jobs as no doubt it will rain again soon lol

Have you see the news report this morning about how old people are treated in their homes by so called carers?....
Older people not being given enough support to eat and drink, with some staff arguing health and safety restrictions prevented them preparing hot meals
Neglect because care workers stick rigidly to their tasks, such as a case when a woman was left stuck on the toilet because staff were too busy
Financial abuse, including money being systematically stolen over a period of time
Chronic disregard for privacy and dignity, such as leaving people unwashed and putting them to bed in the afternoon
Patronising behaviour, with cases highlighted including staff talking on mobile phones while they tended to clients
Physical abuse involving pushing and rough handling
It makes me sick! :ashamed0005:
Jackie xx

Back