Daily chat...

Its starting to look a lot like Xmas

image-4225956958.jpg

This is the road running down to our farm, you can just see the house on the left before the trees, I suspect we may be snowed in tommorrow morning as we have 3 inches and has just started snowing heavily again.

Last edited:
Awwwww that looks fab. I just love Scotland :D We've stayed in the Trossacks a couple of times. Oh my word, it's out of this world!!! Would love to be up there when it snowed! Keep us posted with photo's!!!
Jackie xx
PS Are you going to see the Panda's?

Probably not but may see a few polar bears & penguins wandering round Aberdeenshire lol

Blimey - what happened to the warmer weather?:eek:

Where about are you in Aberdeenshire, Ellie? I have family there (and was born and brought up there too) and just wondered if the snow is all over or just near you - my Auntie will be panicking if there's snow (not that she has to go anywhere!)

I'm in bonnykelly nr new deer .... When I was driving up there was brilliant sunshine till Ellon then a wall of snow which got deeper & deeper the closer to home I got

What a stunning photo Ellie! In Burgundy, we unfortunately suffered rain and gale force winds all weekend. Give me cold and sun any day!

We had that last week jo

Hubby left at 4am to get into work, there is no snow 20 miles south of here lol, luckily we have 2 big 4x4s so can get out ATM I'm snuggled under the duvet looking out the dormer window giggling at the ppl in small cars getting stuck in the snow drift in the dip at the end of our field

I envy you, I have to wear a coat in the house as it's so cold

Oh, I've been up your way in snow, Ellie - a couple of years ago with friends who live up there. Luckily they both have 4x4s otherwise things would be awkward. It does seem to get worse each year though - even in Aberdeen things can get ropey (and that never used to happen) although I grew up with a metre of snow being normal (not in Aberdeen - Deeside)!

We have rain here (not cold though and no wind) so maybe that means we will have snow next week (hope not).

Hope all have a good day.:)

Hi Guys, Hows everyone going? Sorry Ive been very slack lately!
Just had my niece from NZ over and my mum down from Queensland :)
Had my operation on 31st Oct which went horribly wrong but JUST starting to come right now....Yay :)
What is everyone doing for Xmas???? Sydney has been very wet and cold this year. Its usually A LOT warmer than it has been so we are still in jeans and jackets!!
Hope you guys are all doing well :) xxxx

Probably not but may see a few polar bears & penguins wandering round Aberdeenshire lol

:D:D :rotflmao: that made me smile!!! Last night we had really heavy hail and in the night a flurry of snow which went as quick as it came! It's been freezing all day :winter_brr: again with lots of hail. Me thinks winter's finally arrived! :(
Jackie xx

Hi Guys, Hows everyone going? Sorry Ive been very slack lately!
Just had my niece from NZ over and my mum down from Queensland :)
Had my operation on 31st Oct which went horribly wrong but JUST starting to come right now....Yay :)
What is everyone doing for Xmas???? Sydney has been very wet and cold this year. Its usually A LOT warmer than it has been so we are still in jeans and jackets!!
Hope you guys are all doing well :) xxxx
Wow, I didn't realise you got cold weather in Oz!! :ashamed0005:
Jackie xx

Vickki - sorry to hear you had a bad time with the op. I hope you are recovering nicely now?

I feel grim today :( I have 4 layers on and the heating on full blast. It's me rather than the weather though as it's still fairly mild outside. I am really surprised that feeling this way has not left me battling to avoid my demons, ie super, super sweet tea and lots of bread. I've had to force myself to make a mushroom omelete as my head spins when I get up but I am proud of myself that the cravings aren't there, or that I'm using my "white stuff" bread and sugar to stop me feeling sorry for myself.

Sorry for the waffling.

Hope you all have a good day!

Vickki - sorry to hear you had a bad time with the op. I hope you are recovering nicely now?

I feel grim today :( I have 4 layers on and the heating on full blast. It's me rather than the weather though as it's still fairly mild outside. I am really surprised that feeling this way has not left me battling to avoid my demons, ie super, super sweet tea and lots of bread. I've had to force myself to make a mushroom omelete as my head spins when I get up but I am proud of myself that the cravings aren't there, or that I'm using my "white stuff" bread and sugar to stop me feeling sorry for myself.

Sorry for the waffling.

Hope you all have a good day!
Strip off and turn off the central heating!!!! :eek: Dr D say's we'' burn more calories that way!!! :p
Good for you for not feeling sorry for yourself. An acheivement in itself when trying to improve our eating isn't it? Keep up the good work :D
Jackie xx

Vickki - glad to see you've not forgotten us (and sorry to hear about your weather ;)). Hope you're ok now?

Ladies ooop north - how's the weather? I loved the snow photo!

Here it's drizzly, very windy, and the wind is bitter. My least favourite sort of weather. Bring on the COLD and the SUN.

Morning!

Hi Vickki, hope the warmer temperatures are on their way - think they got lost over France;), mind you, the temperatures are dropping slightly each day so I suppose winter isn't far away.

Workshop at the library this morning then usual taxi service this afternoon. Diet all good but PP tomorrow as had a bit of a gala this weekend.

Hope all have a good day and stay safe in the snow.

More snow overnight jo and it's started again, I'd take some pics with the good camera as it's lovely when the suns setting outthere but no way of posting them as still no Internet here. Will take another on the iPhone just for you lol

Oh my days, it's sooooooo windy outside! Take care if you are going out, especially those who live in bonny Scotland as it warned on the news this morning of winds of 90mph :eek: Not as cold here though as it has been for the last couple of days.
Jackie xx

Back