Daily chat...

How cold is it for you? It's 5-10°C mainly here so not cold, but the wind has had me up since 5am (not Dukan induced either ;)), and it's bucketing down... as soon as I sense a slight improvement, off I must go, at a trot, to the metro!

Lunch today at a restaurant I don't know - I had wanted to go and check the menu this morning, but given the weather, grrrr!

Weekend busy socially too - aperitif Sat, then late afternoon Christmas party... oh and Sunday, a BIG match on tv not to miss (GO Saints!)

Enjoy your last weekend before the madness!

Very still here & a White hard frost .... Doesn't feel so cold though probably as there is no wind for a change, busy day today, gotta do the horses pick up hay, surveyer coming to do exact measurements for windows and doors, finish painting this ceiling .... Starting to wish I'd covered up the beams grrrr

It's snowing here! :( I went to work this morning in sleet and where I work (only fifteen minutes away..) it was raining when I dropped the kids at school.. as I'm driving back home there's more & more snow.. and it's still coming down ..

Trying to snow here but not making a very good job of it, more like it's slushing not snowing!!!! :p it's cold though :winter_brr:
Jackie xx

Stay safe on snowy roads. We have none (yet) but it's fairly windy out (we're lucky, is so much worse north of us - hope all is OK with you, Jo).

Hope all have a lovely Christmas when it comes around.:xmassign:

:23:It's around 5 degrees here too and heavy sleeting just during rush hour this morning - I got here drenched! Boiler still not fixed, engineer only had 1 out of the 5 'unusual' spares in his van! Sometime next week (We hope...) Meanwhile I've just had a quick shower at work - aaahhhhh :)

Have a lovely Christmas everyone!!

:47:

No snow, just v v wet overnight, its about 7*C at the moment. And we had a tree blown down blocking our lane, which made for a hectic dash to work by a different route. Hopefully it will be gone by the time I get back.

Roll on the shortest day and then it'll get lighter - I hate this time of year!

Brrrrrr it's a bit chilly out there today.... Was so cold my hands were sticking to the metal gate when turning the horses out. Even got ice on the windows inside the kitchen .... Must get the kitchen finished and light the Rayburn but then I fear I may park my ample butt against it in the morning and would never get any work done with the horses....right must finish coffee and back outside

Oh my word at ice on the windows in the kitchen! (have you measured the temperature indoors?!!!).

Today is my last day in the office until January 3... (Jan 2 isn't a holiday here... actually there are NO public holidays here for Christmas this year, as 25th and 1st are Sundays, so people will be working 23rd, then 26th unless they book time off! BOOOOO!!)

I've been round as many diaries as I could, but knew I'd not get to everyone's... MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone...

:D

Merry Christmas to you too, Jo!

Quite mild here at moment, just right for shopping! Off on a clothes sortie today, since nothing fits any more, and I need something posh for Xmas parties. Good excuse! But it's difficult to adjust, I keep going for larger sizes and baggy styles, then realising I don't have to any more! Weird but in a good way.

No scales for me now til 5th Jan, so I better be good otherwise it'll be a shock....

Don't have a thermometer to measure the temp indoors, the window that had the ice on is being double glazed in January along with 1 other and 3 doors, should make the house a bit warmer and if I get the painting finished I can light the Rayburn. My warmer today and raining should be fun in the yard getting the horses out again with water sitting on sheer ice lol

Hope you have a lovely Xmas jo xx

Have a great Christmas everyone!
Looking forward to catching up with Jo tomorrow :)

It was lovely to see Mouse again :)

Hope everyone's well...

hi all i have returned ...more in my diary ...hope the oldies are well i promise to keep the night shift alive lol xxx

We are a wind free zone here this morning thank god !! Was getting rather fed up with it. Looks nice outside, not been out yet as hubby is off today so he took dogs out and fed & turned horses out... He has however left the mucking out for me lol

Morning!

We have the builders in! Or out, rather! They're working on a new room for now (our future living room) so are outside for the next few days then they'll start inside. Half the house is dismantled, lots of breaking up was done Friday/Saturday and the last of it being evacuated this afternoon.

Managed to get through the school bingo on Saturday too - 12 hours hard slog preparing/serving, but lots of lovely profit, so well worth it (and that's it done for another year!)

Glorified camping for the next couple of months so we'll see how it goes. Foodwise - will do my best but sure I'll gain as friends are being lovely and offering us hospitality often (ie non-Dukan and apératif galore). The positive side is that the scales are in the bathroom (where we can't go currently - luckily have a shower room outside in the studio) so apart from clothes being tighter, I'll be oblivious!;)

Hope everyone's OK today.:)

I know how you feel re the builders LOL... i went through it at the start of the diet with no kitchen, only a microwave & a grilling machine LOL. got it all to do again in a few months this time with the bathroom, utility room and back porch. Im hoping Hubby is sensible and gets them to do the bathroom while we are in france ;)

Back