• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Daily mail article

Read a very interesting article today in DM. Said that different foods require different energy from the body to digest. So for example you could have a choc bar or a hand full of nuts. Both have same cals and you can have both if it's within your daily calorie limit. However , your body would use more energy to digest the nuts :) win win - have nuts and burn cals lol !
This point may be old news to some of you experienced in CC or GI , but for me it was a lightbulb moment :) x

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
S: 17st7lb C: 15st11lb G: 12st6lb BMI: 35.7 Loss: 1st10lb(9.8%)
slimming lizard said:
Read a very interesting article today in DM. Said that different foods require different energy from the body to digest. So for example you could have a choc bar or a hand full of nuts. Both have same cals and you can have both if it's within your daily calorie limit. However , your body would use more energy to digest the nuts :) win win - have nuts and burn cals lol !
This point may be old news to some of you experienced in CC or GI , but for me it was a lightbulb moment :) x
No no this was very interesting for me to read too!! :) thanks for thaat xx

S: 14st13lb C: 14st9lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 35.2 Loss: 0st4lb(1.91%)
Yes, I read it too and also though it was quite thought-provoking. So much so that I've dug out my GI books just to check on low GI foods. They implied that a GI diet was the way to go.

S: 10st12lb C: 9st13lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 27.1 Loss: 0st13lb(8.55%)
I do low GI :) its a lifestyle change as apposed to a diet ..!!! I personally love it abd try and get everyone to do it lol x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins