Daily Syn Allowance on EE

Abigail Rosie :)

Hiya :)

I've just started The extra Easy plan and am struggling to get myu hear around the syns.. basically over the last week the max no. of syns I've had per day is 6 1/2. Will this speed up or slow down my weightloss? I've spoken to friends and they've all said make sure you use your syns!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I hate using the syns anyway, but I really want the diet to work!!

Abi xxx

Abi, you can have between 5 and 15 syns a day. I think the suggestion is to have around 10 per day and see how you go:)

I do use mine and don't forget they can be used for sauces, mayo etc if you don't want them for sweet things.

Good luck:)

I've never tried extra easy. Why do they encourage all syns to be eaten?

You are encouraged to use all your syns on all plans!
Then if you find your losses are slowing down, you can decrease your syns to boost losing

On here before, I've seen people post up the maths behind using all your syns (I'm nowhere near clever enough to remember it or work it out!) but I think the gist of it is that assuming 1 syn = 20 calories, cutting out all of your syns won't even add up to a pound loss.

Using your syns basically makes sure you're not feeling deprived of anything, and takes the edge off that 'I'm on a diet' feeling. I use my syns weekly, as I can very easily go a day or two without any syns, then go out for a meal and use thirty or forty or more in one go!

I make sure I have all of mine, just so I have something to change if i plateau. Also so I can have 'naughty' stuff lol:p

Why do you hate using syns?
Do you hate using healthy extras? do you hate using free and superfree food?
I doubt it.....
Syns are as much part of the plan as the free, superfree and healthy extras so use them.

You are encouraged to use them so you don't feel deprived which can in turn lead to falling off the plan.

They will not slow down or speed up your weight loss although a lot of people report better losses when they have all their syns, again I think this is down to not feeling deprived.

10 syns a day is 200 calories. A week is 1400 calories. You need to be 3500 in deficit to lose a pound.

Syns will not stop you losing weight. Use them. Rant over.

I don't think anyone said they hated using their syns? Surely not! ;) Syns get me through the day! I'm just trying to learn more.

We all overate at some point for us to be here in the first place so why when we get on a "diet" do we suddenly think its not ok to eat those things in moderation. We clearly never ate them in moderation before but now we are being told we can still eat them, just to not eat as many of them.
Use them and enjoy them. If you do it doesnt feel like a diet at all!

Use your syns! You should, in my opinion, start at 10-15 a day and then you have something to reduce if your losses stall. Throughout my whole SW journey I use an average of 10-15 syns a day. So far I have not had the need to cut back on them, and I'm only a few pounds away from target.

All I can add is that when I first started SW, I very, very rarely had any syns.
Towards the end, I started using them - prob around 10 per day.
As I reached target I had some fabulous losses, 4.5 and 5.5 lbs!!!
Please use them - SW is not a diet, it encourages healthy eating and as has already been said, you can use syns for healthier choices (think healthly oils, nuts etc rather than crisps or choc - although you do have that choice!!!). x

Think they did..........;)

Sorry, so they did! Must be a crime surely! :p Love your syns, they are what keeps you sane!

Back