DAILY TIPS

Hi Lynn, should I not bother with the steps then as I haven't got the workbook, maybe to explain what each entails? What do you think? I'll put another tip today anyway until I hear from you. x

Hmm, I was worried maybe people wouldn't understand them fully. I still think the OA slogans you have posted are excellent for people who don't wanna get fully into the programme, iyswim?:)

Hi Lynn, no bother because I don't really undestand the steps either, I just thought we could have discussed them but perhaps they require too much explanation. I'll just continue with my own posts anyway. Not been doing them for a wee while cos I've been fed up but will do some, prob not daily though x

Why you fed up, Broxi? Are you ok? x

Broxi where are you??? I really hope you haven't dropped off the wagon, you were doing so well!!! Come back and let us know you're alright, and let us try and motivate you :confused:

Hi folks, no I'm ok! I was going through a really rough patch emotionally but I'm fine now. Just been busy so will post tonight with new tip. I'm going on hol on Monday though. Thank you girls for caring! xxx

23/6/09

"Your current thoughts are creating your future life. What you think about the most or focus on the most will appear as your life." - The Secret

This means that if we consider ourselves thin and really focus on being thin then we WILL be thin - according to the law of attraction. This law is controversial but I can say it has worked in my life with many many things so I for one am going to try it with being slim.

What do you think of the principles of the law of attraction and do you think it can apply well to weight loss?

I love the secret and the law of attraction, I absolutely think it is true and is working. I has worked on other areas of my life, and even weight if I think about it. For as long as I have been overweight, I have thought I am overweight, I have obsessed with weight, how much I should loose, thinking I couldn't do it, what foods to stay away from. Yes, and the universe gave me all that back! When I am thinking of myself as overweight and hating it, I will remain overweight!

Another one of my thoughts is that I am good at loosing weight, but horrible at maintaining. I loose fast and I gain fast is one of my believes. And the universe has delivered...

I will have to be more careful what I think of, if I notice! Most of the thinking is quite unconscious I think. Affirmations would plant a seed of good thoughts I think.

31/5/09
Act like you're thin already!

Too often we hide away and don't get involved in life very much. We wear ugly baggy, cheap clothes and don't bother about our appearance as we think we're ugly anyway. I had a boss who was fatter than me and she was beautiful. She wore beautiful clothes, always had a manicure, hair trendy and gorgeous makeup. At nights out she was the first up on the dance floor, enjoying life. Enjoy life now on your journey to being slim. Start visualising yourself thin and imagine that is how you are now and go for it! Buy nice clothes, get a trendy haircut and take part in all that life has to offer!

Hmmm... is it wrong that that almost made me cry? lol I sooo see myself in that, I've never really bothered with my appearance all that much, or I do in fleeting moments but then it doesn't last. I wear baggy clothes in attempt to hide my fat. It's like I don't want to be noticed. But I'd never thought about how I think I'm ugly anyway, so I don't bother trying. But it's so true. Hmm.

Hi Broxi, just wanted to say I hope that you're feeling better about whatever was making you feel down. You're doing so so well, and this thread is amazing, it really is. I just cried! Yes, me, the girl who doesn't cry, who doesn't really know how to do the whole emotion thing unless it's a film, cried! Kind of in a good way though. Made me think about a lot of things. About how I view myself. And about how the way I see myself is the way other people will see, if that makes sense. After all, how can anyone else love me if I don't love myself? I really need to work on this whole self confidence thing. Because if I look in the mirror and just see this ugly, fat person, then in my opinion that's all other people will see.

The law of attraction and possitive thinking s very strong I believe. Even in the Paul M tips I posted he says wemust start thinking like 'slim' people and acting like 'slim' people to become slim people. If you want something enough and focus on it then you can make it happen. You start to make subconscious changes to the way you live your life and the choices you make that help you attain what it is you want.

Glad you're feeling better Broxi. It seems easier to get fed up and emotional when you can't jut grab a take away and bottle of wine in your PJs and comfort eat when you're feeling naff!! A glass of water doesn't really help does it!! (Well in the long term maybe!!)

Lyn, what is your affirmation? And how do you remember to do them? I always forget :D

I loved The Secret but find it hard to keep up with my affirmation and not let those negative thoughts creep in! x

Asa, write your affirmations down and either stick them to your bedroom mirror so you can say them whilst looking at yourself every morning or if you don't want family seeing then keep the list in a drawer or something. It's good to say a few each day. Think about what your negative thoughts are what you want to change and think of a possitive statement that is the opposite. Some ideas for you:

"I respect myself and my body and have the strenght to achieve the healthy, slim body I deserve"

"I'm an attractive person both inside and out and love myself unconditionally, regardless of my dress size"

Lyn, what is your affirmation? And how do you remember to do them? I always forget :D

Mine is I am a good, worthwhile person and I deserve to be happy and healthy

and I visualise getting on the scales and seeing the weight I want to be and say I am healthy, I feel great, I am enjoying my body at 10st 4

Hi all, Won't be on for 3 weeks as going on holiday.
While I'm away you should all post your affirmations on here everyday. I'll say mine when I'm away! Take care everyone xxx

Where are you going? 3 weeks, lucky you! Have a great time! x

Have a great holiday! xx

Back