DAILY TIPS

From today (Sunday) as soon as I get up I'll go to the mirror and say I am a good, worthwhile person and I deserve to be happy.;):worthy: erm that should read healthy but maybe I'll use happy and healthy lol. :cool:

Broxie just found this thread as not been on comp much over past few weeks, have to say I think its great and very supportive, I'll follow daily tips from now on

I'm interested in EFT too but I feel it might be a bit silly? What do you think? I've not posted tip today as a bit down so was great for you to do it for me. I also need to hear that. x

Hiya! (I'm not really here.. ssshhh... I'm really getting on studiously with my exam prep.. I'll be cross with myself if I realise I'm here, so don't tell me!! Hahaha!!:D)

Anyhooo... EFT - Emotional Freedom Technique?? I know several people who swear by it.. I can't see any harm in looking at wise words from any perspective.. ultimately, things strike a chord for me or they dont, whereever they're from, and the more variety in perspectives I can gain, the more balanced a personal philosophy I can develop.. so, in other words:

Bring it on!! :D

Broxi - You're such a star - sorry to hear you were feeling a bit down.. I'm a bit fed up with being stuck in doors on such a beautiful day, so perhaps I can relate a little.. Hope you're feeling cheerier today :)

Vxxx

I love EFT (yes Emotional Freedom Technique), I've tried it for a few things. It does seem a bit silly, and I felt silly the first few times I did it but I got over it. I think it's a powerful tool if you want it to be. It's like anything though, you have to want to make it work for you. There are probably people out there who say this diet is rubbish and doesn't work, because they weren't motivated and couldn't stick to it, but for those of us who do believe we can make it work we will. If you give EFT a go with an open mind you will probably be suprised at what it can do. The Paul M book uses an exercise similar to EFT combined with some NLP for an exercise to stop you craving certain foods. I did it for chocolate which was my weakest craving as I would literally gorge on it and even steal it from my kids!! (of course I always replaced it for them). Anyone who knows me would tell you how I was a serious chocoholic. I didn't eat chocolate for 2 months before starting this diet, and obviously wont be eating any now. I just didn't fancy any at all for a few weeks. I haven't done the exercise for a while and could probably eat it now if I wanted (you're supposed to keep doing the exercise to keep the cravings away) but still I could easily find the strength to say no. My son joked and asked me who I was and where I'd put his mum when I turned down a piece of chocolate he offered me a few weeks ago (before I started CD). That really convinced me that it works coz I never in a million years thought I could go a week with no chocolate let alone months! For the first time ever I can keep chocolate in the cupboards for the kids and not worry about being tempted to eat it and ruining my diet. I'll post the exercises in the week. I'm really tired and narky today and have found today a real struggle. I went to the gym and zapped away the tiny bit of energy I had and was so close to caving in when I cooked the kids dinner as I was so tired and hungry and it smelt so good. Luckily a bowl of CD porridge and a cup of coffee has helped me stay strong! lol

Hi guys, I've been reading a book about overeating and it's really helpful, might be worth a look if any of you feel you're food addicts like I am, is called 'Eating less, say goodbye to overeating' by Gillian Riley, has a lot of basis in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy techniques and teaches you exercises to calm those mad voices in your head that say 'go on, just a bit of chocolate won't help', or what happens to me 'well you've blown it now, may as well eat loads!' Well worth a look, feel loads calmer about food since read it. xxx

Hi guys, I've been reading a book about overeating and it's really helpful, might be worth a look if any of you feel you're food addicts like I am, is called 'Eating less, say goodbye to overeating' by Gillian Riley, has a lot of basis in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy techniques and teaches you exercises to calm those mad voices in your head that say 'go on, just a bit of chocolate won't help', or what happens to me 'well you've blown it now, may as well eat loads!' Well worth a look, feel loads calmer about food since read it. xxx

Sounds interesting, will have a look for that! x

Sorry I've not been posting for past few days- was having difficult time on diet so didn't feel very inspired!

Anyway here's today's.

16/06/09

"In order to lose weight for life, it is necessary to take a holistic approach to health; Spiritual, Emotional and Physical." - Stephen Arterburn

I do believe this is so true. He also says our motives should not be purely aesthetic and about our appearance; we should consider the damage we do to ourselves physically, mentally and spiritually when we overeat. What does anyone else think?

In light of this, I would like to make the next tips the 12 steps of Overeaters Anonymous. I don't know about you but I'm not 100% sure how they work and when I've read them before I've found them confusing. So I would like to look at a step at a time and perhaps get a bit of a discussion going on with you, my fellow dieters and overeaters!

I'm also going on holiday on 2 weeks and maybe somebody could post some Paul McKenna stuff or stuff of their own that stimulates thought about weight issues.

Love Broxi xxx

You are welcome. I've needed this forum this week I can tell you and the people on it are amazing as I've been moaning my head off. But if these posts make up for that then brilliant! x

Miss PNM, I'm going to try the EFT since it has been so successful for you. I have the book EFT For Dummies so I will give it a read. I do rate Paul McKenna and if he uses it i reckon it must be alright.

Cool, I hope it works for you. It's really easy to do, a simple routine is repeated several times and you say different things depending on why you're doing it. If you're an emotional eater like me and get the urge to scoff when you're feeling low/stressed etc then use EFT to release your emotions/feelings to help reduce the risk of scoffing.

What have you been finding difficult about this week? I notice you didn't have a loss, did you fall off the wagon for a few days? I hope you're not dwelling on it as you're doing great, this diet isn't easy and it does require serious willpower. You deserve a medal for getting this far, I'm only on week 2 and have been so close to caving in several times already. I reckon if we can do this we can do anything!!!

Hi MissPNM, I was struggling cos I didn't lose and also I knew that was going to happen as I weigh myself rather a lot! But I didn't cheat and what worried me more was that this always happens to me on other diets - I do well for a wee while and then my weight loss stops dead. So I've been really really down about that. It's amazing how emotional I got about it all but I think I realise that this is my last chance of being slim. Anyway, people helped me, KD in particular and explained that this diet always works as scientifically it can't fail so I feel much better now. I also struggled last week with cravings really badly. But they're gone now. How are you getting on? People told me cravings go after 5 weeks and I would say so far it seems that way. so it will get easier for you. But it is a damn hard diet!

As an OA member I can tell you that recovery on all 3 levels emotional, physical and spiritual is the crux of our prog. We adapted the 12 steps of alcoholics anon for our prog and you'd need the OA workbook to really work the steps. The workbook has a set of questions for each step that have to be answered before you can say you've completed that step. It can be a tall order being honest and answering the qs (and a lot of it is private and personal stuff) but I hope by doing so I can achieve peace of mind and contentment.:)

Hi Lynn, should I not bother with the steps then as I haven't got the workbook, maybe to explain what each entails? What do you think? I'll put another tip today anyway until I hear from you. x

Hi Broxi

Hope you are feeling better?...I am feeling a bit like you were this week. My weight loss has slowed to a halt this week and it is only week 3! However....I am determined to not worry in the hope that the next two weeks bring better results!

I just want to say a BIG thank you for all of your posts....particularly as I was sat with a menu for the chinese and the phone in my hand an hour ago!!! ....I didn't do it and the cravings have now passed!

I find between the hours of 4-7pm the worst of the whole day and I think it has been harder as my OH is away with work! There is only so much blinking ironing I can do!!

But, I am still here and just have to be chuffed and positive about what I have acheived in the last 2 weeks!

You are right Broxi, it is a bloody tough diet, but it as a multitude of plus points to it that makes us all keep at it!

Keep up the great work, keep smiling and ...keep inspiring us all with your words, thoughts and kindness.

xx

Broxi - you are doing so well and working hard at giving us support, so be kind to yourself and have faith that the work will show on the scales next week!
I actually put a pound on this week! I knew I had, as I hadn't been to the toilet for 7 days! To say I was uncomfortable was an understatement!
My CDC was lovely and offered to re-weigh me tomorrow night! I am so pleased as the pound has now gone, plus more! (I'll spare you the details of the suppository and subsequent toilet trip!). If anything, I feel more motivated than before!! Ellie x

Hi girls, thanks so much for lovely encouragement. I'm glad I've helped others because I've needed so much help myself- I feel like a child at times. I know it seems really shallow to get so depressed about not losing but it felt quite overwhelming for me as I thought that was it for ever. Did you both feel the same? I'm going to go for a wee swim just now so not got time to put a tip up but will definitely tomorrow! My love to you xxx

I know how disheartening it can be to have dieted all week and then not lost a single pound. You have to remember that due to hormones and just the way our bodies work that we can put up to 7lbs on in water. When I did WW diet I always had a stand still week once a month but then had a good loss the week after. Try to focus on your monthly loss and not weekly. Having said that, if I don't lose anything this week I will be stamping my feet and crying all the way home!!!

I've had a few severe bouts of cravings, even for silly things like tomatoes when I'm chopping them for the kids. I had a teaspoon of balsamic vinegr today coz I needed to taste it when I was making the dressing haha. Even the carpets are starting to look appetising!! It takes such will power to do this diet and I'm discussing with myself in my head constantly how long I need to do this and when I can move up from sole source etc. It's taking over my life. I know in 6-8 weeks I can have my figure back if I stick to it, but having not even got to my 2nd weigh in yet that seems like a million years and a whole lot of torture away!

Ellie, I sympathise with you on the tummy front! I had to go to the chemist too. Infact I'm sat drinking a cup of senna tea right now to try ensure I'm ok for my weigh in on friday and have some suppositories as a desperate last minute measure. I'm sure the shakes contain concrete powder!!! I'm glad you had another weigh in, that must have been a relief (in more way that one haha).

Hi Broxi and MissPiggyNoMore

Went back to counsellor tonight and got 2lbs off since Tuesday so am dead pleased. It never altered my motivation because it was only one pound and I knew that there was good reason for it, but I also know from previous diets that when you have been good and don't get a loss, it can be heartbreaking. Weirdly I don't feel like that with CD -maybe because I know that scientifically, if you stick to it, it cannot NOT work? Even if the scales don't show, the inches do and even with the pound gain I had lost inches. I am feeling pretty evangelical about this diet right now! What I love is the fact that I have learned to take control back - and understand how much emotional eating I was doing before - that's not to say that I am not concerned about what happens post CD because I am!
That was a bit of a rant! Hope you are not asleep!
Broxi - a swim is a great idea! You will feel more relaxed and stretched and that helps the old bowel movements! In fact, I think a lot of the issue with me is sitting still too much! x

Back