Daily Tracker

Well done chick :)

Waters my problem too ATM! X

Well done on getting back on LT - fab loss so far :D

Thanks girls :)

Sarah how are you getting on honey? How was your holiday xx

Its was lovely thank you! Gutted to be back but I missed my dog lol :)

Not sure what to do next.....I'm still not happy with my weigh (will weigh tomorrow to see the holiday damage). Dont think I can face shakes (even though I have loads at home). I'm bloated and clothes are tight again :(

Its was lovely thank you! Gutted to be back but I missed my dog lol :)

Not sure what to do next.....I'm still not happy with my weigh (will weigh tomorrow to see the holiday damage). Dont think I can face shakes (even though I have loads at home). I'm bloated and clothes are tight again :(

Glad you had fun babe, I saw a few pics on fb you and your bf seem so happy!! I bet Hugo missed you too :)

Did you get to goal before hols hun? Try not to worry I'm sure you can tackle any gain quickly babe x I don't blame you regarding the shakes, it is no fun, especially at this time of year!!! I've lost 11lbs in 3 weeks but still have at least 14 more lbs to go until I get to the high end of my comfortable weight which is 10st. Think I can only manage shakes for another 2 weeks tops, it really is boring and no fun however I really wanted to lose the last of baby weight asap.

Whats worrying me now is I'm fixated on my measurements which even if I get to my goal weight I still think I will be a different shape as I'm off work now and after I lost weight last time my job kept me really toned :(

Brilliant loss considering your party time! ;) well done

Yeah great loss after the time off Hun, well done for getting back on it!x x

Thanks Jan and Lisa :)

How did you get on with refeed Lisa? x

Scales showing 10st 13lbs this morning :) Delighted to be in the 10st bracket again........thought I'd never get here!

Fab well done :) x

Brilliant pet, hope to join u there one day lol!x x

Hopefully only goes downwards girls!!! Still a long way to go x

Hi Ladies :)

Think I'm reached a decision re my weightloss. I've definitely been struggling with TFR this time around. Scales hasnt budged since Saturday, it's my own fault. I keep cheating, picking at bits and pieces.......nothing major but enough to obviously to stop the weightloss. I'm disappointed as could have had a stone off by the end of this week but again only myself to blame.

It's no excuse but I just have so many events since the baby has come along, my bf 30th, 2 comedy shows, MIL bday meal, my dads bday, my aunts 50th, halloween, a wedding,, my little brothers graduation and the christening all coming along before the end of November it's so hard to keep behaving :(

So over the past 2 weeks I've been thinking about doing some sort of fitness programme, I made the move after a bit of research and picked a local gym with a focus on diet and personal training. I don't just want to be a certain weight........I want to be in shape. I have a consultation to talk through everything on Friday with a trainer but here's the catch! When starting with the gym they start you on a 12 day kick start programme........so say eggs and bacon for breakfast, protein and salad/veg for lunch, same for dinner, no milk, diet drinks or alcohol. The catch is finding 12 days when I do not have something on in the middle of it!!

The only 12 days I have between now and December without any events/parties is the 6th - 18th of November. I really wanna do this training 100% so I was thinking of refeeding from this Friday for a week, that will let me enjoy my aunts 50th on the 20th and Halloween and then continue with the maintence plan in the hope of losing maybe 1lb a week until I start the training programme??

What do you think? Sorry for the rambling, I hope this makes sense. Any advice is very welcome xx

Sounds like a plan Hun if u can stay 'good' until u start it, not really that long anyway!

At least if u have a fitness plan it will help keeping the weight off once its gone.

I cycled to WW this morning 2 miles, took me 20 mins! Was so tired lol x

Hey sweety! Have you tried JUDDD - im doing it for maintenance and thinks it fab! I think it wud work well for u and ur lifestyle x

Wow well done Lisa :) How did you get on at WW? I havnt been on a bike in over a decade!!! I think I will be able to "be good" foodwise as even the refeed week is sooooooooo much more appealing that boring old shakes :(

Hi Ness!! No I havnt heard of JUDDD..........what is it lol?? How are you getting on? Well I take it as you look fab in all your fb pics xx

Google it sweety! And look on here at the Johnston Up Day Down Day forum! (Its under 'other diet options' or similar!)

Basically its fasting (not totally) alternate days! As a rough guide, u eat normally (2000cals) as an Up Day one day and the next do less than 500cals - a Down Day! This obviously reduces ur overall cals drastically but you dont get diet fatigue cos u always know u can eat what u want the next day! Or some folk do 5pm to 5pm if they prefer eating everyday!

The science bit is over the first couple of weeks, the fasting activates ur skinny gene (SIRT1) which means u allegedly lose just fat, not water/muscle - so even if ongoing weight loss isnt as dramatic as TFR, ur inch loss is! However weight loss is still steady (1-3lb p/w). But DONT weigh after an UD and do just record a weekly WI for posterity or u cud freak out at the scales after an UD lol.

Ppl who are bringing down their weight a lot say that they find they r maybe 2sizes smaller than they were the last time they were at same weight (or even lighter). I cant confirm that from personal experience but i can say im currently about a half stone heavier on the scales than earlier this year, but my clothes say im smaller! And also as u know i have huge issues with big and flubbery legs cos of my lack of mobility/no muscle tone; but... (im almost scared to say this and tempt fate)... but... i think they are getting a wee bitty thinner! Eeeek

The fast/fuel regime has big health benefits and is said to regenerate brain cells etc - again see online for that lol.

It definitely suits me! Since my LP losses, ive been great at both gaining and losing; but pish at maintaining! But this seems to be doing the job.

I only do 2 days a week to maintain (occasionally 3) and i eat like a pig otherwise lol. You can do double downs day on occasion if u want/need an extra boost after a heavy weekend for instance; or want to move ur UD to suit; but generally theres not a huge advantage to doing that! Its the swing in calories that makes it effective science wise with the gene bit!

Anyways have a wee read/look on the mini's forum and think about it! The great thing is its easy adapted to social commitments so again easy to stick too! A lot of ppl seem to do M,W,F as DDs and keep their weekends as UDs - and they still lose (albeit maybe slightly slower - but the inch loss and the easiness of sticking to two UDs at weekends makes it a better longterm solution for them than breaking a stricter plan and then falling off wagon completely!) Or others use as above but with intermediate days on Tue and Thurs.

Ok Rambling'Ness again - u get the picture; its completely tailorable to ehat suits the individuals lifestyle/ability to commit. And if its inch loss/toning that ur after; result!

Re exercise on down days; you can (tho obviously doesnt suit everyone). Imo u cud exercise heavily in morning say, cos u'd still be fuelled from previous days food!

xx

Last edited:
Thanks a million for that Ness :) Wow it almost sounds a bit too good to be true???

I will definitely have a read up on it. I feel so annoyed at being a slave to the scales.....I've only lost a lb so far this week taking my total loss of tfr to 12lbs in 4 weeks. I was feeling great until I stood on the scales and realised.........no I'm not so happy as I still have so far to go bah!

Yeah thats my issue too ( well all of ours really). The feckin numbers on the feckin scales! We just cant seem to kick that! I keep saying to Jim if the scales were set to weigh 7lb lighter, i would be ecstatic no matter my clothes! And thats sooo skewed a mindset! :eek: We so should focus pn our bodies more than the numbers but can we practise what we preach eh... And how u felt this morning b4 u got on scales should prove that - but i totally relate to what u felt ! Ocht what r we like?

Anyway JUDDD is slowly helping me to change that mindset BUT old habits die hard eh!

I really think u should give it a go - at least for the month between now and ur gymn course plan! See how it feels meantime... xx

I'm going to look into JUDDD 2 xx

Back