Lizzie_T's food diary and tracker

Lizzie_T

Daily diary to record what I eat, weight, hours sleep, amount of water / herbal tea taken and number of steps or any other exercise.

I was on another forum but it has closed down sadly.

My main goal is simply to share. I don't believe in diets as such, but I have found writing out what I eat makes me very aware of what I am eating.

My only goals are to make sure I keep to a healthy lifestyle (sleep, water, steps), track my weight and to eat only when properly hungry.

Format, e.g. Yesterdays would be:

137 lb (estimate - had packed my travel scales)
5 hours sleep (flight)
2 litres water and herbal tea
10,000 steps

B 1 small croissant and 1/2 a protein bar
L 1/4 cheeseless pizza and 2 bites of a falafel wrap 1 ice cream
Snack 1 ice cream
D Chickpea curry, small, with a half small flatbread

TUESDAY

136.7lb
6 hours sleep
2 litre herbal tea/water
10,000 steps

B 2 slices 'manna bread' (from USA)
L Juice of 1/2 cucumber, 1 lemon incl skin, 3 small apples, piece of ginger, and later, salad with salad cream, Manna bread 1 thick slice,
Snack 1 ice cream
D

I'm not sure why I can't edit Tuesday but just to add I had a medium bowl of pasta with vegetable sauce for dinner.

WEDNESDAY

Lb
Hours sleep
Litres herbal tea and/or water
Steps

B
L
D

WEDNESDAY

136.5 lb
7 Hours sleep
Litres herbal tea and/or water
Steps

B small slice of sprouted bread and a handful of crackers during the morning
Snack juice of 3 small apples, 1 lemon incl skin, ginger 1", 1/2 cucumber
L salad with 2 tsp vegan may plus a few small crackers & 3 quality street chocs
Snack handful of nuts and raisins, 1/2 small slice of sprouted 'manna' bread
D Planned is a small bowl of pasta with tomato sauce

WED cont ...
10000 steps
2 litres herbal tea & water

D: too tired for pasta. Handful nuts & raisins & 1/2 slice manna bread

Hi there,
I just brought some back from the USA - basically it is 'sprouted bread' so the wheat germ is sprouted and then mixed up and the one i like has got cinnamon and raisins in it. It's baked and sealed in a bag. It's dark brown with a sort of gooey sweetish texture.
There is something similar here called "Everfresh Sprouted Wheat Bread" (there are different versions e.g. With raisins, or made from rye) ... you get it in health food shops. I like the USA one because it's a different shape and seems to taste better. It's probably got a lot more Vitamin B which we girls all need lots of !!

135.5 lb
7-8 hours sleep
18000 Steps
2 litres Water / herbal tea

B small bowl pasta & tomato/vegan mince sauce

L 33g dark chick & handful nuts, rye toast spread & marmalade

D medium size homemade pasta / tomato sauce & bowl of choc pudding

Oooh that manna bread sounds really interesting - in a good way. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

Wow, 18000 is a lot of steps!! Well done for getting that many in x

Thanks ... yeah, I usually do about 5000-6000 steps a day but yesterday i went for a walk in the countryside for 2 hours, so that's 12000 steps.

FRIDAY
135.2 lb
6.5 hours sleep plus half hour nap during day
4000 steps

B 1/5 chocolate pudding - didn't taste nice so threw it away, a few bites of manna bread
L handful nuts, 4 dates, large salad with 1 tbs vegan mayo, 2 slices of manna bread
Snacks 1 Mars ice cream and 1 slice cake
D 2 crackers and hummus, and 1 toast with fruit spread

SATURDAY

134.7 lb
2 litres water
14,000 steps
8 hours sleep

B 6 crackers & hummus, 2 quality street
L Handful nuts, 4 dates, rye toast with fruit spread
D half bowl of bean/pasta soup, pasta with vegetables, 1 profiterole & a bite of cheese cake
Later: 100g caramel pieces (still feel a bit sick from them!)

SUNDAY

136.3lb
20,000 steps
6 hours sleep
3 litres water & herbal tea

B 1.75 slices rye bread with 1/2 banana & some fruit spread
L Pizza Express 'super food' salad, left some of it, no dressing, a slice of margarita pizza without cheese, vegan ice cream & 1 nakd bar
D Mash, 1/2 vegan pie, salad no dressing

Food yesterday sounded good :) And well done for getting in so many steps again. How do you manage it? Do you specifically go out for walks or do you just have a very active lifestyle? X

Hi there, I went for an early walk with a friend so about 7000 steps in 1 hour & 10 minutes. Then I walked to church and back - I've tweaked my back & walking takes the pain away otherwise I probably would've taken the car. That's 2000 steps. Then again, I went out at lunchtime to the town centre and walked instead of taking the bus or the car. That was half an hour there and half an hour back so 6000 steps. Then during the day if I'm quite active it's about 4000 - 6000 steps. It all adds up.

MONDAY

136.7 lb
7 hour sleep incl 2 hour nap in the evening
12,000 steps

B 2 nakd bars
Snack 1 protein (plant based) shake with almond milk
L salad with hummus, handful nuts/seeds mix with 4 dried apricots and a large linseed cracker
D ITSU rice dish without the poached egg, vegan ice cream at home & 4 dates

WEDNESDAY

136.3 lb
2 litres of herbal tea (no water today!)
9,000 steps
6 hours sleep

B 2 quality street toffees!
L handful of nuts/seeds and 5 dry dates
D medium bowl of pasta and slice of rye bread with fruit spread

No chocolate today and hardly any white sugar. YAY!

THURSDAY

135.2 lb
2 litres of herbal tea
About 6 hour sleep
9000 steps

B 1 protein drink
Snack small handful of nuts and seeds and 5 dates
L Beetroot salad, no dressing, salad Nicoise without the tuna and egg, 2 small slices of bread, apple tart and small scoop ice cream
Snack 50g chocolate
D very small bowl of pasta with one tomato and a teaspoon of dried tomato paste, 2 dates

WEDNESDAY

136.3 lb
2 litres of herbal tea (no water today!)
9,000 steps
6 hours sleep

B 2 quality street toffees!
L handful of nuts/seeds and 5 dry dates
D medium bowl of pasta and slice of rye bread with fruit spread

No chocolate today and hardly any white sugar. YAY!
Haha, love that you had quality street for breakfast! Well done on the no chocolate and low sugar day x

YEAH ... but I stopped there & waited till lunch ... I was quite pleased with that. I did have a really busy day (as usual!!). So it stopped me thinking about food.

THURSDAY

134.8 LB
2 litres herbal tea
6/7 hours sleep
10,000 steps

B 1.75 slices rye toast and fruit spread
L piece of chocolate cake - i ate 1/3 of it and then later 1/3
D mushrooms, tomatoes and noodles and the remainder of the cake & 4 small pieces of dark chocolate. Later 1/2 dried apricot

Last edited:
134.3 lb
6 hour sleep
10,000 steps
1.5l water

B handful of seeds and dried apricots
L small bowl pasta with tomato sauce (no cream or cheese) and 1.5 slices bread with almond butter (like peanut butter but made from almonds)
D small bowl noodles and home made tomato sauce with garlic carrots and peppers (made in slow cooker - yum! Hooray ... first time I've used the slow cooker) and vegan chocolate bar 70g.

SATURDAY

134.9 lb
12,000 steps
2 litres herbal tea
7 hours sleep

B 1 rye toast & fruit spread
L bowl of salad, low fat dressing, choc bar, and low cal choc pudding from M&S
Later banana
D Bowl of pasta and home made tomoato sauce, 2 small pieces dark chocolate and about 100g hunky punky vegan choc ice cream

Back