Daily v weekly Syns

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Edwin, 10 August 2009 Social URL.

1. Edwin

Edwin Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Just wondering how many people calculate their syns on a weekly basis or a daily basis.

I've always done my per day (10 -15) but heard a few people do it over the course of a week. I thought you weren't meant to do this and wondered how it affects loses.

Thx. x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sarah-Jayne

Sarah-Jayne Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I try to calculate mine daily but this week im going for weekly counting dueto a semi bad weekend :)

4. sarahandmolly

sarahandmolly Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(7.43%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I am the same as Nataleee, if I crave something and go over the 15 syns I feel bad and go and eat / drink something else x

5. Brightonrosie

Brightonrosie I want to be fitter again

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Our consultant says it is better to use flexible syns on the day you plan to go over. So set an amount say 30-50 , then stick to that amount. When you wake up in the morning start back straight away to 5 to 15 syns. xx

6. Edwin

Edwin Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thanks for your opinions.

I normally do my daily but WI day today and had a gain so then had a mass chocolate binge :( Dont feel any better for it but hey ho!

So I thought if I counted all the syns and then took them off my weekly allowance I might be ok?? If not I'll feel like I've blown the week before it's even begun.

Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

7. charlottegrace1

charlottegrace1 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    SW
    I'm a daily person cos I know I haven't the will power to do it over the week so don't put temptation in my way.

8. littlehobbit

littlehobbit Full Member

i do it weekly as i go out with my friends at least once a week and like to have a good time! its worked for me so far.

9. kevandju5

kevandju5 Maintaining

Start Weight:
    9st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(9.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Since getting to target I have switched to weekly syns. (I had never heard of it before then). It works really well for me. I weigh in on a Monday, so that is the first day of my week and I tend to have a few low syn days at the beginning of the week. That way I can 'save up' for a treat later on in the week.

Then I like to go to a cafe and have a real slice of cake (not the scan bran kind!) or go out at the weekend and enjoy a few bevvies and/or a meal out.

xx

10. LisaC

LisaC Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Sadly for me having all my syns everyday as allowed makes me gain so I can only can full syns (15) 2 days a week, the rest I may have 2-3 a day if I fancy them.

I wouldnt have thought it would make a big difference if you have them daily/weekly as long as you dont have too many too near to your weigh in.

11. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Daily for me, but if I have an event/party to go to, I don't worry too much and compensate the rest of the week by sticking between 5-10 instead. Seems to work for me and keeps me in check :) x

12. StaceyUK

StaceyUK Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st1.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I do daily but if I know I'm going out then I'll drop my syns to 5 or less a day leading up to the event and then drop afterwards if I still need to. I personally don't think it affects your weight loss if you do it weekly or daily as you're still having the same amount of syns overall, which is what counts!

13. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I do mine daily..only just upped them from 0-4 a day to 5-10 now that I go to the gym. My weight loss is better for it too.
    If I binge, I binge, but then I make sure that I am on track the next day.

14. lucysmommy

lucysmommy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slim and save
    i prefer weekly as i like my chinese and bottle of wine at the weekend and this works better for me

x

15. razzledazzle

razzledazzle Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    When I got to target weight (before I got married, thought I deserved a 'rest' from dieting and put it all back on, plus more) I did it by using weekly syns, our consultant recommended that and I'd never heard of only using them daily until I rejoined recently!!

The way I look at it is, if you're using flexi syns on a friday night and not compensating for it in the week, then you're having more syns than you would normally, and you can't get away with doing that on a regular basis and still lose weight. Whereas if you count weekly, you can still have your Friday night 'fun' but just reign it in a little the rest of the week and still lose weight.

I just can't get my head round flexi syns .... surely you can't do it on a regular basis or you just wont get the weightloss!?!?

J x

16. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I think the reason SW don't advocate weekly syns now is to discourage bingeing, hence the daily amount. But... if it works for you then go weekly - personally I don't think a bottle of wine is classed as bingeing so using those syns on one day isn't so bad and by following weekly syns then it fits in well.
    That was a bit of a ramble but you know what I'm saying! I do daily but like Stacey, if I'm going out, I'll be very good before and afer to compensate.

Flexi syns don't guarantee a weight loss but they are there to help you stay in control. I never ever do flexi syns, if I can't control what I'm having, I'll just have a day off. If you gave me 50 syns, I'd eat the lot and more!!!

17. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I woulod far rather do weekly than Flexi Syns. To me Flexi Syns is just a fancy way of saying 'off the diet' I cant see how saying 'Oh Ill have 50 syns today' is sticking to it - to me thats a day Ive come off my diet and done some over eating. Going back to the original question though I far prefer weekly :)

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Miss Q

Miss Q Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(8.97%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Weekly for me!

and Flexi = Fatsi

For me, anyway :D

20. Julianne_julz

Julianne_julz Bears dont dig on dancin'

I do mine daily and have only once or twice used up the 15syns allocated!! x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.