Daiquiria's Diary- Green Days

Breakfast 27g porridge (will have a scan bran later to make it up) ww yogurt 0.5 syns and strawberries.

Lunch veg and quorn curry and cous cous.

Snacks apple and banana. Milk for coffee.

Dinner roast baby potatoes courgette tomatoes red onion topped with hea of edam. Quorn peppered steak And mini corn on the cob.

M and s sundae 8.5 syns

Hea 2
Heb 1
Syns 9

Last edited:
Well i bit the bullet last night and joined a class! I have been losing and gaining the same 5lbs on and i hope this will give the booat i need to really commit. The class is lovely friendly and the consultant seems very nice. She is heavily pregnant and has one of thoae perfect basketball bumps, wish i had looked like that when i was pregnant!

First official weigh in was 9st 6lb so i will update my stats later. Aiming on losing half a stone which will get me into the 8s just about. A lot of talk about having that great first week no matter how long you have been doing it and i can already see alot of ways i have been cheating so i will be going back to basics i think. I also have a night away this weekend for dh birthday so i will flexi syn for it. The way she explained flexi syns was not like i had ever imagined it bit seems a much more practical and manageable approach so i will give it a go. Not ideal for the firast week but better than last week!

Wednesday

Breakfast 3 x scan bran plus dairylea marmite and tomato.

Fruit and yogurt mid morning.

Lunch baked beans on toast and fruit.

Dinner at my mums.... i will have to see how this goes and try to be a bit more assertive and a bit less of eating everything and anything!

I haven't been too bad today.
Breakfast was scan bran x3, 2x dairylea, tomato.
Lunch was baked beans, quark and heb of wm bread with some grapes. Snacked on banana, apple and ww yogurt 0.5 syns. Coffee with milk and green tea.
Dinner at mums was quorn sausages, peas, onions, carrots, mash. Guessing about 7 syns.
Apple sponge and ice cream- I gave half to my dh so maybe 15 for that.
22 for today but been good the past couple of days so it will hopefully balance out.
Just had the rest of my hea/b (scan bran and cheese) with a cuppa.

Got a nice text from my new consultant tonight as well which was lovely. Just a bit of bad timing that I have joined when I have a lot of things coming up for my birthday- away this weekend and next so it will be tricky. If I can get back on track after each trip though that will be a step in the right direction after the past few weeks.

I understand flexi synning a bit better as well so I will try that and see how I go.

Thursday- Plan

Breakfast- sw rice pudding and fruit/yogurt

Lunch- quorn peppered steak, veg, noodles.

Dinner- heb of scan bran and going to make up either a bean or mushroom pate I think to go with it. Probably have some salad with it as well.

Out shopping tonight so prob have a coffee and maybe a choc coin at 5 syns as a treat.

Hey hun, just poppin in 2 subscribe! I'm guessin yer vegetarian since it seems 2 b just green days u do n quorn is a big feature lol! I hardly ever 2 green days so hopefully u can inspire me :) x

ell I didn't stick to my plan at all yesterday, but I was still on plan.

Breakfast- 2x Weetabix and skim milk

fruit and shape greek yog 0.5 syns

carrot sticks

Lunch- ff supernoodles, quorn steak, peas and peppers

Skinny sf vanilla latte (hea), choc coin 5 syns

Dinner- beaked beans, mash and lmc red onion sausages (free)

Ryvitta minis (heb), curly wurly (6 syns)
hea- 2
heb-2
syns- 11.5

Yesterday was a hungry day but I still stuck to plan! Away for the night tonight as a treat for my dh birthday last week. Dinner included at the hotel- I will just have to try and make a good choice. I will flexi syn though to allow for a couple of drinks and dessert.

Breakfast- grapefruit, grilled cheese on toast (hea/b).

So i am flexi-synning tonight. Aiming to use no more than 90 syns. I appreciate this sounds like an awful lot but if you are out for the night and have a bottle of wine that is 30 gone right away lol. i think if i am realistic i might be more likely to get back on track when it is all over and not say sod it and blow the same every day for a week!

We got complimentary cocktails when we got here so i would say 8 syns for that. I also had a baby sized ice cream, didnt eat the cone so 5 for that?

Aiming for a pasta based main and antipasti to start. Dessert will prob be big syns but will see if dh feels like sharing. I will also stick to the gin and slimline tonic. I have a packet of ryvitta minis to snack on later as well!

Update on last nights naughtiness! I had set a limit of (eek!) 90 syns...

15 for cocktail and baby ice cream
8 for 2 gin and tonics
8 for antipasti starter- sun dried toms 1.5, grilled peppers 1.5, pickles free, olives 1/2 syn, 4.5 for tiny piece of focaccia, melon
15 for main - gnocci in sauce with veg-I didn't manage to eat all of it either so not too bad.
15 for dessert- gorgeous tiramisu with biscotti shared with my dh to half the syns! SW gives 30 as a guide for a restaurant portion.
61 in total. That's 4 days lol but I did feel in control so happy enough with that, could have been a lot worse. And the meal was delicious!

Onto todays naughtiness...

Love getting breakfast in a hotel and usually eat everything in sight. Limited menu on offer today but chose as best I could, in hindsight could have done better but never mind.

Granola 10 syns, spelga lf yogurt 3.5 syns, berries.

1.5 slices white bread (ordered wm but none left) so 6 syns and baked beans.

alpen light bar (part heb), banana

Veg and lentil curry sw chips and noodles (free)

Snack plate- rvitta minis, 30g cheddar, sliced apple, quorn ham, pickled peppers.

hea- 2, skim milk and 30g cheddar.
heb- 2, alpen light and ryvitta minis.
Syns- 19.5

Last edited:
Plan for Sunday

Breakfast- 'bloody mary' baked beans 2 syns, lmc red onion sausages.
Greek style yogurt 1/2 syn and berries.

Lunch- homity pie from the magazine, maybe a bit of quorn with it (hea cheese).

Dinner- papparadelle puttanesca from mag-3 syns per serving but I won't be including the parmesan as it isn't veggie, so I think it would be 1/2 syn maybe for olives as well as the choc mousse 4.5 syns.

Hea- 2
Heb- none planned yet
Syns- 7.5 planned

I have pretty much stuck to the plan above with the addition of some veg/fruit (spinach, spring greens, raspberries).

The homity pie was lovely and have some left for lunch tomorrow. The paparadelle was really good and went down well with all of us. The tofu choc mousse from the mag was surprisingly good,the texture was pretty nice; I have to say I was dubious!

Two heb left for snacking this evening- prob a special k chewy bar and maybe some toast.

Lovely to try some new recipes for a change!

Also hit the cross trainer today and am making a little headway on my 100k Sept challenge.

Monday

Porridge and ww yogurt 0.5syns with raspberries

Banana

Leftover homity pie and spinach tomato and olive salad with fresh lemon juice 0.5 syns.

Alpen light bar 3syns and kiwi.

Dinner- carrot and lentil soup, heb of scan bran and hea of cheese.

Had a daim bar after dinner (7.5 syns)

hea- 2 (skim milk, cheese)
heb- 2(porridge, scan bran)
syns- 11.5

Last edited:
Morning all! Today is my first official weigh in at group and i have to say i am slightly nervous! I have not had the 'perfect first week' so i doubt i will have lost much, if anything at all! Still i have made start at probably the worst time to join (my 30th on fri!) So it is a step in the right direction and if nothing else will help me get back on track after the celebrations.

Todays plan

Breakfast porridge, raspberries and yogurt.

Mid morning massive bowl of fruit (melon and grapes)

Very shaky so i needed my chocolate! Had a viscount biscuit 3.5 syns.

Lunch carrot and lentil soup with 2 scan bran (synned) and dairylea

Peanut hi-fi bar- yum!

Dinner was a tin of veggie ravioli 2 syns peas and carrots witha little cheese sprinkled on top 2 syns. I could hardly stay awake long enough to eat it but was totally taken in by that midwives show. I sky+ .it so i will have to catch up with it.

Irish diet yogurt manadarin flavour.

Hea 2 milk dairylea
Heb 2 hifi and porridge
Syns 9.5

Last edited:
Well how'd the WI go hun? I'v been thinkin positive thots 4 u :) x

Thanks missus the thoughts must have worked as i lost 2.5lb! I was well chuffed with that after the weekend. I had visions of getting on the scale and gaining in my first week and kicked out in disgrace lol

Now to try and not blow it over my birthday weekend!

Wednesday

Breakfast- 4 ryvitta dark rye with 2 dairylea and marmite, tomato.

Lunch- batchelors mild curry noodle deli box (1.5 syns and pretty nice), spinach.

Banana, choc and caramel hi-fi (half heb)

Dinner at mums- Irish stew- carrots, onions, potatoes, quorn pieces, (2 syns for gravy granules), mini muffin 6 syns.

Watching tv and eating what was left over from my lunch today- didn't have time to eat it in work: melon, grapes, dairylea triangle, irish diet yogurt, hi fi bar (half heb). Can't believe I had dinner in mums without a bucket load of syns! Did have to resist the lovely fresh baguette and butter sat right beside me though!

Hea- 2 (milk and dairylea)
heb- 2 (ryvitta and hifi bars)
syns- 9.5

Thanks missus the thoughts must have worked as i lost 2.5lb! I was well chuffed with that after the weekend. I had visions of getting on the scale and gaining in my first week and kicked out in disgrace lol

Now to try and not blow it over my birthday weekend!

Wednesday

Breakfast- 4 ryvitta dark rye with 2 dairylea and marmite, tomato.

Lunch- batchelors mild curry noodle deli box (1.5 syns and pretty nice), spinach.

Banana, choc and caramel hi-fi (half heb)

Dinner at mums- Irish stew- carrots, onions, potatoes, quorn pieces, (2 syns for gravy granules), mini muffin 6 syns.

Watching tv and eating what was left over from my lunch today- didn't have time to eat it in work: melon, grapes, dairylea triangle, irish diet yogurt, hi fi bar (half heb). Can't believe I had dinner in mums without a bucket load of syns! Did have to resist the lovely fresh baguette and butter sat right beside me though!

Hea- 2 (milk and dairylea)
heb- 2 (ryvitta and hifi bars)
syns- 9.5

Well done on the loss hun, I'm sure it was yer efforts n not the positive thoughts that did it! lol! :D
:sign0009:please don't b offended but I nearly wet myself when I read yer food 4 2day n saw irish stew made wif quorn! I kno yer a vegetarian n I eat quorn myself sumtimes but 4 sum reason it never occurred 2 me that irish stew cud b made that way. In fairness I'm so intrigued that I must make it 2 try....

Back