Daiquiria's Diary- Green Days

Hi Ria, food diary is looking good, im sure you know than when we are either overactive or underactive one of the main symptoms is tiredness, sure we just cant win can we. well done on the mid week weigh in i hope the loss stays for you.
im trying to cut back a bit on the grocery shopping i always seem to be out buying something even though ive loads of bits in the presses, so im gonna do some green days i think, maby use up some of my pastas and noodles
still havent made the roulade but i will get this quark at the weekend and give it a go.

Morning everyone. Hurray for friday and a bank holiday weekend!

I have been a good girl the past 4 days and am 100% for the week so far. Hoping i can keep this going over the weekend. I should be ok not much on this weekend but out a couple of night next week.

Breakfast will prob have a slice of wm and some baked beans i left in the work fridge.

2 ryvitta and a dairylealight 1 syn with tomato and marmite. Oranges and banana.

Lunch is leftover curry from last night and a baked potato.

Had a yogurt 0.5 syns and an apple in the afternoon.

Bought some lovely looking chunky cookies in to work for to share. But i will try and resist as they are 7 or 8 syns per cookie!

Had a mug shot and 30g of cheese as hea when i got in from work.

For dinner i had Marks and spencer mushroom and onion pie 2.5 syns. Quorn peppered steak and veg. Count on us choc sundae for dessert 8.5 syns. Yummy and very chocolatey.

Oh and i should.mention found some vanilla and lemon flavoured quark in tesco last night!

hea- 2
heb-1
syns 12.5

Last edited:
Hi moira yes i know cant seem to win either way! It is like the early bit of pregnancy when you can hardly function all the time! Last year before i was diagnosed i thought that what was wrong i felt so lousy! How are you feeling yourself at the minute?
Ive stocked up on berocca so hoping it will give me a boost.

Btw i had told you there waa no such thing as vanilla quark but it seems i was wrong.. found some vanilla and lemon flavour in tesco last night. Its by the lake district company so not sure if you'd get it down south, unless you are able to.pop over the border handy? Or maybe they will get it in keep an eye out anyway. Im hoping it is free but will have to check. Would be nice for breakfast in the morning.

So glad to be finished work for the week!

Kept on plan all day and managed to resist the cookies. Looking forward to a nice easy dinner tonight. Think i wiill try the sw enchiladas tomorrow night as i have most of the stuff in the house.

Not much planned for this weekend, a few walks and visiting family and friends. And maybe a lie in! We are contemplating moving our 18mo out of our bedroom tonight and i am dreading it! He is still.not sleeping through the night every night so think it might be better as we wont be disturbing him. But i am not sure if either of us will be happy with it!

Well, my DS2 has just broken out in chicken pox this morning so we will be a bit restricted this weekend as to what we do over the Bank Holiday. We were supposed to go to a family fun day today but doesn't seem fair to go and spread it about so we'll give it a miss.

Breakfast this morning was sw rice pudding made with water and then an activia ff strawberry yogurt stirred in. Had mixed berries with it.

No ideas for lunch yet, I am a bit stuck tbh!

I fancy sw enchilladas for dinner tonight so I want to keep a hea for that for the cheese. Will prob have that with wedges or sw chips.

Anyway I have been 100% on plan this week so I am pleased with that. It has been a while from I have been so good, just hope I see the results on the sccales tomorrow!

Spent a lovely morning mucking about with the boys and am having a pot of coffee now with a couple of oranges and free quorn sausages.

I think I will be having a stir fry and noodles for a late lunch (pak choi, green beans, peppers, broccoli- it's prepacked) and plenty of soy sauce.
Hubby is working ot today so when he gets home I might hit the xt.

Yesterday's Food:

Breakfast- sw rice pudding made with water and then an activia ff strawberry yogurt stirred in. Had mixed berries with it.

Coffee, 2 oranges, 2 free quorn sausages

Went to a local beer garden in the afternoon to watch the boats coming in, weather was so beautiful! Stuck to diet coke as I was driving.

Lunch- stir fry and noodles for a late lunch (pak choi, green beans, peppers, broccoli- it was prepacked) and plenty of soy sauce.

Dinner was sw enchiladas (3 syns for dried packet mix) with sw chips.

Made the sauce with dried packet mix and passata rather than the enchilada sauce, and substituted the tortillas with lasagne sheets. Topped with hea of cheese. It was delicious and whilst I was't sure how the lasagne sheets would fare, once it was all baked it tasted great and hard to tell the difference. Only thing was it didn't hold shape well so might use the cannolini tubes next time.

Had chewy bar heb and peanuts heb with some raisins and choc buttons 7 syns.

Hea- 2
Heb- 2
Syns- 10

Another day at 100%! :)

Sunday

No breakfast, had a lie in!

Lunch- carrot and lentil soup with 3 ryvitta (part heb) and 2 dairylea light (part hea), bit of fairy cake 5 syns.

DH has made a lovely sausage casserole for dinner- I had a bag of quorn sausages (not free ones) in the freezer that need used so will prob had half tonight (3.5 syns) and half tomorrow for lunch. Full of superfree veg- carrots, onions, peppers, green beans and mixed beans.

Activia ff yogurt, special k biscuit moments (5 syns). Rest of ryvitta and branflakes with last of hea's.

Hea- 2 (milk and light triangles)
heb- 2 (ryvitta and bran flakes)
syns- 13.5 syns

Last edited:
Hi Moira, he's doing ok thanks. Got quite a bad touch of them and it is driving him insane, so not much sleep in our house! But better now than whn they're in school and that'll be both of them done with it now. Just glad it's a bank holiday weekend here so we don't have to go to work today...

Monday

Well last week was 100% for the first time in ages. This week will be a different matter as I'm out a couple of nights at the end of the week for birthdays and with the girls. SoI will try and drive one of the nights; that will at least cut out booze syns. Still, I can always felxi syn and will do my best to be on plan the rest of the time.

Breakfast- rice pudding made with water and blueberry yogurt stirred in, mixed berries. A peach.

Lunch- leftover sausage casserole from yesterday (3.5yns)

2 oranges

Dinner mash potatoes (1 syn), quorn peppered steak, green beans, sweetcorn, cheese sauce made with onions, mushrooms, mustard powder and 3 dairylea light from my hea allowance.

hea- 1 and a half
heb- none so far, will prob have 2 slices wm bread with jam and spread for supper (3 syns)
Syns-7.5

Managed to squeeze in 20 mins on xt while dinner was cooking.

Last edited:
Tuesday

Need to get a plan on here today otherwise i will be floundering at work! Totally at loss as to what to have for breakfast but it will probably be ryvitta, dairylea light and tomatoes.

Lunch is the free tinned ravioli and a bit of salad (spring onion, tomato, cucumber, beetroot).

The usual yogurts and fruit (apple, orange, peach) for snacks and a chewy bar for emergencies.

I guess the food for today looks ok, but i feel a bit uninspired! That might have more to do with being back at work though!

Tuesday

Breakfast- 3 ryvitta (part heb), dairylea light triangle (part hea) and tomatoes

Activia yogurt, alpen light (part heb)

Lunch- ravioli and salad (tomato, cucumber, beetroot, scallions)

I had an attack of the munchies in the afternoon: peach, orange, yogurt, ryvitta ( 1 syn) and dairylea (part hea)

Dinner- DH had sweet and sour and rice ready for when I got home! quorn, peppers, mushrooms, onions, asda sp sweet and sour sauce (4 syns) and rice.

Muller light milk choc dessert ( 5 syns), bran flakes and splach of milk (heb and rest of hea).

HEA- 2
Heb- 2
Syns- 10 ish depends how hungry I am later!

Last edited:
Well another day on plan!

Off work with the pox ridden kids today so won't be up to much!

Breakfast- Two ryvitta fruit crunch (heb) and quark with fruit and Options hot choc (2 syns). Quite a sweet tooth this morning!

Lunch- I'm thinking of making a spicy bean chilli or soup for lunch and hopefully have some left for tomorrow as well.

I had one of those muller light milk choc desserts last night and was a bit disappointed with it for 5 syns. I think I prefer the shape or alpro soya ones, it just tasted a bit artificial.

Stocks are running low so will have to hit the shops tonight. Going to try and do a bit of a plan for the week as I am spending too much and still have nothing to show it!

Last edited:
Wednesday cont

Yesterday went well i had the ryvitta and quark for breakfast and the bean chilli for lunch.

Banana and quorn slices for snacks.

Dinner was jacket potato and a massive salad with salad leaves tomato scallions figs roast quorn slices and a dollop of lighter soft cheese as my other heb and a bit of cheese as my hea.

Followed by merengue nest strawberries and topped with the new lemon quark. Dont think this is synned but if it is i have plenty left over.

Hea 2
Heb 2
Syns 8.5 for the day

What a gorgeous morning! Definately puts you in good form (even though the train was late and i have a stinking cold)

Breakfast probably the usual ryvitta and dairylea and maybe some strawberries and lemon quark.

Lunch is a big salad to go with a jacket potato as i'm out after work so dont know what time i'll be getting dinner.

Got strawberries, oranges, bananas, yogurts and cereal bars to snack on if i get hungry.

Hoping for another day at 100% as im out tomorrow and im sure i will put a dent in my syns then!

Have a good day everyone!

Food turned out to be a bit different to the above. Have a bad cold and felt quite sick this morning.

Breakfast- cereal bar 3.5 syns, banana

ryvitta with dairylea triangle (part heb/a)

Lunch- salad - leaves carrot beetroot, scallions, quorn roast slices, fig, tomato, babybel- no jacket potato, couldnt find it!

Strawberries and lemon quark (0.5 syn- it's 2 syns per pot)

Skinny sf caramel macchiato- hea plus 1 syn for syrup and choc coin (5 syns)

Dinner will be pasta n sauce, peppered steak and veg.

2 ryvitta sweet onion and a bit of soft cheese as heb

2 hea (milk plus babybel light and dairylea triangle)
Heb ryvitta and soft cheese
Syns- 10

Last edited:
Well 100% on plan so far rhis week but today will prob be off plan. Heading out with some girls i havent seen in a while so plenty of wine and maybe some food. Will try and stay on plan until this evening and stick to martini when im out as it is lower syns and im less likely to feel awful in the morning!

Breakfast- porridge made with water and yogurt stirred in. Strawberries.

Ryvitta and dairylea with tomato.

Lunch pasta with veg and quorn

Before i go out i might have some free ravioli as im not sure if there is anywhere where we are going to get food or at least veggie friendly food! Will pop a cereal bar in my bag as well for a quick snack if i need it!

Oh and a nsv my whole outfit for 2nite is a size 10! :D still find it strange that i can fit into it lol. But my skinny jeans were a bargain they are shaping and have built in control and were only 8 quid in sainsburys.

Back