Daiquiria's Diary- Green Days

Sunday

Had a bit of a lie in this morning which was great. So for lunch i had baked beans on toast with part hea of cheese and lf spread 1.5 syns

Small slice fruit malt 4 syns

Dinner mash, quorn fillets, peas and green beans, gravy 2 syns.

Hea 1.5
Heb 1
Syns 7.5

Im quite hungry tonight so will prob use up my heb and syns. Not sure exactly what i will have. Prob a hot choc at 2 syns and as my heb have toast and jam 3 syns. Will update tomorrow on what i ended up with.

I ended up having a meringue nest 3 syns with frozen berries and light aerosol cream 0.5 syns.

2 slices w bread with rest of hea cheese and hot choc 2 syns

hea 2
heb2
syns 13

Last edited:
Monday

Breakfast was porridge and shape yogurt 0.5 syns.

Lunch- jacket potato and veg chilli with babybel light (part hea)

Snacks- oranges, apple, choc 4 syns.

Dinner will be a quorn and veg stirfy with noodles and stirfry sauce 5 syns.

Hot choc 2 syns, 2x babybel light and oaty bar (heb)

hea 2
heb 2
syns 11.5

Last edited:
Tuesday

Breakfast porridge and shape yogurt 0.5 syns

Lunch noodles with quorn and veg stir fry 2 syns for sauce

Banana and apple.

2 slices wm bread 2x dairylea light and marmite

Dinner wedges 5 syns lmc sausages 1 syn and baked beans

Hot choc 2.5 syns and mini crunchie 3 syns

Hea 2
Heb 2
Syns 12

Weighed in last night and had half a pound off. Not a massive loss but happy enough as i havent been 100% on plan. If i got that every week i would be happy!

Wednesday

Breakfast was special k chewy bar, a banana and a shape yogurt 0.5 syns.

Lunch beans on toast and lmc sausages 1 syn.

Orange.

Dinner pasta and veg (need to check syns) and apple tart and custard... at my mums and couldnt say no :eek:

Hi All, back again with tail between the legs... :p

So I haven't been on track for a while and it is starting to show. No one to blame but me, I have zero willpower and have a butt groove on the couch. So I need to eat less and move more!

Anyway, I hope I will be a bit better at updating and keeping on plan. I have been eating whatever I fancy and basically kidding myself.

Today...

An m&s cheese and onion 'sausage' roll just hopped into my mouth, 13.5 syns! That has been happening a lot so it is not too hard to see what has been going wrong lol.

I have reigned myself in a bit a since then as a quick hop on the scales was enough to knock some sense into me!

Had small portion of muesli and slice of wm bread for breakfast with dairylea and tomatoes (heb, half heb and part hea).

Lunch was bachelors rice with peppers, mushrooms, spinach and onion.

Had fresh pineapple with total 0% and sweetener mid afternoon rather than the usual choc.

Dinner will be something free and quick, I am just not sure what yet.

I am heading out for lunch with my DH tomorrow, we don't get out much together so I will be enjoying that and not counting syns, still I didn't want to use it as an excuse not to be on plan today as I figure one good day and one bad day is better than two bad days!

Heading out shopping tonight so will get the new sw mag and some syn-free, low syn goodies to help motivate me a bit more.

Updating for thursday and friday

Dinner was jacket potato beans and lf quorn sausages so all free. Sf jelly 0.5 syns.

I used all my hex and 14 syns.

Friday

I knew friday wasnt going to be on plan as i said above i would be out with dh for first time in a while.

Breakfast magic porridge and a banana.

Lunch out quinoa and butternut squash crumble. Loads of root veg in a tomato based sauce and it was really nice. Had 2 old havana cocktails with it, they were divine!

Went to avoca for dessert lol and had a slice of choc cake and an americano.

Dinner was some bread (heb) olives 0.5 syns, pickled onions, cheese (hea) and hummous 7 syns approx.

Saturday

Lateish breakfast as i had some work to do at home and wanted to get most of it out of the way. Still more to do but at least dh will take the kids out for an hour later and let me get on with it. Then just the usual housework etc to get on with!

As its such a nice day we took the kids to a local park that was having a fair so we have had a lovely morning out in the fresh air running about. Managed to resist the crepes and chocs and will grab something when i get home.

Breakfast grapefruit 2 xlf quorn sausages baked beans and coffee.

Lunch maybe some pasta and veg.

Dinner will be curry or burger and chips.

Last edited:
Well I stepped on the scales earlier and I have to say I wish I hadn't! I am seeing figures I haven't seen since shortly after DS2 was born. And it seems to fluctuate madly during the day so I will have to stick to one time of the day and limit the constant weighing!

Thursday was showing at 137lbs :eek:

So I will weigh in then again if I can and measure from that.

today hasn't been too bad:

Breakfast grapefruit 2 xlf quorn sausages baked beans and coffee.

Banana

Lunch- very late- spaghetti, garlic, mushrooms, spinach, spring onions, stock and quark. Slice of bread (part heb).

Dinner will be veg curry with sw actifry chips and maybe rice as well.

Hoping to have a g&t or 2 tonight 8 syns and then use the rest of my syns and hex for snacks. Family coming for dinner tomorrow which will mean a lot of food, probably not great, I am making sticky toffee pudding lol, but from Monday I m hoping to stick at it 100% again and see how it goes.

Well it has been an off and on week all round but scales showed 132.8 this morning which is 4lb loss!!? :eek::D

I suspect alot of that was fluid rentention bit still i am pleased with that and it means the situation isnt just as bad as i thought lol.
I am hoping to be as close to 100% as i can from now on as last week i had so many excuses. It is lent now too so i am off chocolate and crisps so that may help.

So update for yesterday

B- porridge and 0% activia (heb)

L- cheese and tomato sandwich (2x dairylea light and 2x wm bread), apple and 2 oranges.

D- stew (free) small piece white bread 5 syns? Half a finger doughnut worked out at 9 syns.

2 ryvitta (2 syns) and dairylea (rest of hea)

Hea x2
Heb x2
Syns 16

Plan for today-aiming for 100%!

B- porridge (heb) and 0% activia, banana

L- veg sushi 1 syn, 2x ryvitta 2 syns tomato and dairylea 1.5 syns. 2x oranges.

D- i made a syn free version of bubble and squeak (cabbage potato spring onion) with lmc red onion and rosemary sausages and baked beans and hea of lf cheese.

Alpen light bar (heb)

Creme caramel 5 syns

Hea x2
Heb x2
Syns 9.5

A full day at 100%!

Last edited:
So glad to get a day at 100% yesterday. Hoping for more of the same today.

Plan for today:

B- sw rice pudding and frozen berries

L- leftover bubble and squeak with baked beans, couple of oranges (free)

D- I'm thinking of maybe a burger and actifry chips (heb and hea for cheese) with a bit of salad or veg.

That should give me some syns and a heb to play about with during the day.

I have downloaded a pedometer app to my phone as well and I am keeping tabs on my steps per day. I think it is meant to be around 10k steps per day but I am averaging about 7k which is pretty poor. That being said I don't always have my phone on me, especially in the office so I am missing out on some steps.

Still, I know exercise is the bit that really lets me down, I find it so hard to fit in and so easy to find an excuse not to bother! The worst is, I feel great when I make the effort and have been so stressed lately I think I would def benefit from it!

Friday

Another day at 100%!

Breakfast- sw rice pudding with frozen berries (free)

Lunch- bubble and squeak, baked beans and lmc red onion sausage. 2 oranges.

Dinner- made a big cottage pit full of veg, it was delicious and hit the spot. 1 syn if even for the lot.

Had 2x wholemeal bread and dairylea with marmite and tomato, followed by a alpen light bar (2x heb, 1 hea) and a cup of tea!

I also squeezed in 20 mins on the cross trainer at lunchtime which was good as I really need to do a bit more exercise.

hea- x2
Heb x1
syns 1

Last edited:
Saturday

Well I am guilty of sabotaging myself and finding excuses and today was no different! Had friends round for afternoon tea so spent the morning baking. I saved most of my syns from yesterday but I doubt it would even touch it!

We had mini wm rolls full of cucumber and then grilled red pepper with light philli. Mini meringues with scrape of lemon curd and spray of light aerosol cream, mini tartlet cases filled with light mascarpone and raspberries with sweetener, small scones with reduced sugar jam and light mascarpone. Then a gorgeous coffee and walnut cake that was not made with light or reduced anything! Lots of earl grey and coffee and a good chat!

So it was a lovely afternoon but quite syn filled although I did try with lighter things and didn't stuff myself. Still, today is a bit of a write off (also have all the leftovers!!!).

Breakfast was total 0% with pomegranate and raspberries.

Afternoon tea as above.

Dinner- mini rolls with philly light and peppers, rice crackers.

hea x 2
heb x2
syns- ???

Last edited:
Sunday

So yesterday was a bit of a write off, I didn't even rein it in, in the evening but nevermind. I will just get back on it today.

Breakfast- beans on toast (heb plus 1.5 syns for scrape of lf spread)

Lunch- thinking of doing chilli with leftover cottage pie mix and some tinned potatoes 'roasted' in actifry with some seasoning.

Dinner- Might have steak and chips.

Hoping to save my syns for a scone or small piece of leftover cake. Also need to get a shop of some fresh fruit in for the week ahead.

Well another day at 100% yesterday so starting to get a bit more on track. Had a lovely day out round the park with the kids playing football and at animal farm. Then the usual sunday homework of clothes lunches etx. And cried at call the midwife lol, too much emotion in it for me!

Breakfast was beans on toast plus lf spread heb and 1.5 syns

Lunch was chilli and jacket potato with babybel

Dinner was 2x asda mf burgers 1 syn wm roll for heb and babybel light for hea plus 1 syn for sauce. Had that with sw chips and mushy peas.

Supper was a scone and low sugar jam 10 syns approx.

2x hea
2x heb
Syns 13.5

Sent from my GT-N7000 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Oh the weather is so nice today! It is great to see some sunshine just a shame i had to spend the day stuck in an office!

My day is going to plan, so far so good.

B- porridge (heb) and activia 0% yogurt with raspberries.

Banana

L- couscous salad with peppers chillis onions sweetcorn, babybel light. An apple.

2 oranges.

Dinner potatoes, quorn peppered steak, bns, cabbage and carrots.

Have a heb left so i will have toast and the rest of my hea as a snack. Saving my syns for a small piece of coffee cake 12 syns. Yum!

Had my snacks watching obem, i really should avoid it as it makes me too broody lol. Forgot to say i also broke the bank on a breadstick 1 syn.

Hea x2
Heb x 2
Syns 13

Sent from my GT-N7000 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Last edited:
Tuesday and another lovely day! I have a wee afternoon to myself as well which is quite rare! Planning on ignoring the housework (it never works) and curling up with a book and some tasty food. Although I have won a long battle of attrition with my ds1 to get his blanket off him and into the wash... It is practically able to crawl in by itself, it is so disgusting. He adores it but never leaves it down in case I pop it in the wash lol. But he tripped up this morning and left the house with a lunchbox full of Thomas the tank engines instead :p

I have made some butter bean pate (free) which I will have with ryvitta (heb) as well as some lf quorn sausages, carrot sticks, and maybe some sw chips done in the actifry with some extra light mayo for dipping. I don't know why, I just quite fancy these today!

Breakfast was sw rice pudding with activia 0% and raspberries.

Not sure on what to do for dinner yet, thinking maybe pasta but I might well change my mind by teatime.

Here to subscribe! Food looks fab... will be popping back for some meat-free meal ideas... are you strict vegetarian? :)

Here to subscribe! Food looks fab... will be popping back for some meat-free meal ideas... are you strict vegetarian? :)

Hi, thanks! Yes, pretty strict. I will eat eggs in things but not on their own. I don't touch white/red meat or fish, or anything with gelatine etc. Sounds a bit restrictive but it's not too bad. All the boys are meat eaters though so I have no problem cooking it, but sometimes it is easier to give them a veggie meal. I have been veggie nearly 20 years so it is all I really know, just a pain when you are eating out!

Tuesday

B- sw rice pudding and rapberries with 0'% yogurt

Lunch was a series of nibbly things- 3 ryvitta (part heb) and butterbean hummous, babybel light 1.5 syns, pickled onions, an apple, carrot sticks.. a few sw chips and extra light mayo 1 syn.

Had another apple and an orange with a pack of special k bites 5 syns.

Dinner was roast veg, pasta, quorn peppered steak and light philly sauce (hea). Yummy.
Had a very hungry day today lol, I have really eaten quite a lot!

Prob have the rest of my hex not (alpen light and ryvittas with dairylea 1.5 syns)

hea x2
heb x2
syns 9

Back