Dairy-free Daily Diet Diary Drivel

dhansak

Hello folks!

I elected to write this diary whilst sitting in a room of eating people, during their annoying daily ritual they call 'dinner'. Since I am from a more advanced civilisation, I dont partake in this. My daily nutrition is supplied to me from the galactic overlords, or 'exante' as they are known in my language.

:brainfart:

Swiftly moving on, my name is Lewis and this is the first diet I have ever done! Very pleased to have found this site as I thought I would have to bore those around me with my diet talk, but it looks like you lucky people will be subjected to it instead. I will begin the diary now, if you made it this far you may as well read the rest...

Day One
I began my journey with a vanilla shake. I have sitting in the conservatory a months supply of shakes, cant say the other products appealed to me. Doesent taste too bad! Though my first attempt was a tad on the lumpy side and made with tap water. By lunch time I was getting hunger pangs, my job is quite physically demanding so I was concerned that my morning shake wouldnt sustain me till lunch. Overall it was managable, and I am aware that it will get easier as my body adjusts. This time I prepared my shake with a hand whisk and chilled water, so much nicer. I was pleasantly surprised how much the shakes filled me up, but I definitely had less energy than usual. Another shake for dinner and then an early night, though I didnt sleep very well. I actually awoke to find the moon shining straight on me through the blinds, and wondered if the vast amounts of liquids I'd consumed were creating a tidal pull within me!

Consumed on Day One - 3 shakes, black coffee, peppermint tea, water

Day Two
I woke up feeling slightly groggy from a restless night, my morning coffee quickly remedied this though and I had my shake. Im actually surprised how pleasant black coffee is, before I had always had it with milk and 2 sugars. Day two wasnt so bad, but I was feeling pretty spent by home time. After my evening shake i was actually feeling quite proud, 2 days with no solid food at all! And I had passed the test I was fearing the most, refusing wine when it was offered!

Consumed on Day Two - 3 shakes, black coffee, peppermint tea, water

Day Three
Thankfully I had a good sleep, and began my day well. Soon though I was feeling exhausted, and it wasnt even lunch. I made it through the day but it was the toughest so far. My energy levels were so low and I struggled to find the vigor to complete my work adequately. After doing some reading I felt reassured as this seemed totally normal, and I was very pleased to come across this forum with a wealth of information. If anything I was pleased not to be suffering any other side effects such as headaches. All in all a tough day, but I got through it :)

Consumed on Day Three - 3 shakes, black coffee, peppermint tea, water

Day Four
That brings me to today. After another good nights sleep my day started well, and I threw myself into my work to make up for yesterdays lethargy. I'm certain the ketosis started today, it was a very interesting experience. The morning was much like day two, but after lunch I had a strange sublime kind of feeling. I suddenly felt very relaxed and peaceful, even though I was exerting myself. This was followed by a surge of energy, and for the rest of the day it felt like my energy was endless. I even ran up and down the ladder a bit because I felt so energetic! I have never done that before...

Consumed on Day Four - 3 shakes, black coffee, peppermint tea, can of coke zero, water, cod liver oil capsule

:bliss:

Thats my journey so far, its been therapeutic to write it all down. It certainly was a welcome distraction whilst the rest of my family tucked into burgers....
I hope it wasnt too boring, till the next time!

Lewis

Just wanted to pop in and welcome you to Exante. Sounds like you've already made a great start and judging from your first entry your diary should be an entertaining read. I especially liked the "tidal pull" comment. I often find on a night time after all of the water i've consumed my stomach resembles a water bed!!!.

Good Luck with the rest of your journey. :D

thanks for the welcome. today went quite well, and i managed to sit in the pub with my colleagues and have water while they had beer. Im struggling a bit this evening, still havnt slipped though :)

The evenings are definitely the hardest time. I tend to occupy myself on here or failing that go to bed early, I really have turned into my gran on this diet!!
I'm very impressed with the pub outing, i've turned down all social outings for this first month in the hope that once the first 4 weeks are out of the way it will be much easier to say NO!. Plus i'm also going to do the AAM week in the fifth week so I will be able to catch up with my pals then and not seem like such a social leper!

Back