Daisybell's collection of top tips to success.

If you are hungry can you fill up on pasta, rice or potato? I found I still lost weight even when I ate tons of the stuff. Then I cut back a bit to increase weight loss. Do you have a freezer? If so could you make a few meals at the weekend so you have something handy when you can't be bothered to cook? I use the food diary to plan my Walsh one day ahead. That way I have everything in that I am likely to need.

Hopefully it was just a phase as I've been much better today. Normally not too bad but off my game plan last week or two.

Thanks for your suggestions though it's what I usually do. :D

Purple Patsy said:
Hopefully it was just a phase as I've been much better today. Normally not too bad but off my game plan last week or two.

Thanks for your suggestions though it's what I usually do. :D

Great to hear you are back on plan. Stick to it, it's worth it in the long run.

After last weeks small gain I hope I have sorted myself out. Going back over the tips I have collected helped.

I have managed not to weigh myself except on one occasion but I can explain that one. I set up a support group for healthy eaters with a few friends who are trying to lose weight. We had our first meeting on Thursday evening but I weighed myself in kilos and have not tried to convert it, so maybe it won't count? Does it Ally?? We will not be on the same diet but will WI and celebrate our successes, share experiences and ask each other for help. In other words an extension of my virtual support network on here.

Have decided not to renew sub to SW online. I now have the diet in my head and as I can buy so few branded products on the syns list in Vienna it really isn't worth it. My official WI is on here now.

I am making a buffet for a friends birthday party tonight. Plenty of SW snacks but it is proving hard to resist tastings as I go along - especially cupcakes and buttercream topping. One batch will be topped with Philly light so I have to stick to one of those tonight. Luckily I can take or leave alcohol so a diet coke will free up some eating syns. Its a shame it is my WI tomorrow morning.

Have just received my new kettlebells DVD. Can't wait to get started but need to buy the kettlebell first. Need to get some advice.

Just about survived the buffet. Caught myself finger licking a couple of times! Was doing it without thinking. It also made me realize that I do not have the willpower to resist the naughty foods if they are in the house. Yesterday there were 6 squares of chocolate left from the cupcakes I made and it called to me like the siren calling from the cupboard until I ate it. I wasn't hungry or craving the chocolate like I sometimes do. I ate it because it was there.

Just about survived the buffet. Caught myself finger licking a couple of times! Was doing it without thinking. It also made me realize that I do not have the willpower to resist the naughty foods if they are in the house. Yesterday there were 6 squares of chocolate left from the cupcakes I made and it called to me like the siren calling from the cupboard until I ate it. I wasn't hungry or craving the chocolate like I sometimes do. I ate it because it was there.

I'm the same with baddies in the house. They can't be left sitting there unless I'm totally on plan and buzzing with positivity. My solution is to not buy them in the first place but that only works if I'm on plan when I go shopping. :)

I've looked into the online thing too as I don't think I get much from class. seems a lot of money far what you get. Shame they don't allow access to lifeline online for former members for a nominal fee. Ie no books or phone calls etc but you can still look up syns. Hope you've had a good day. :)

Purple Patsy said:
I'm the same with baddies in the house. They can't be left sitting there unless I'm totally on plan and buzzing with positivity. My solution is to not buy them in the first place but that only works if I'm on plan when I go shopping. :)

I've looked into the online thing too as I don't think I get much from class. seems a lot of money far what you get. Shame they don't allow access to lifeline online for former members for a nominal fee. Ie no books or phone calls etc but you can still look up syns. Hope you've had a good day. :)

I am curious about the SW classes. Do you mind telling me why you don't get much out of them? I don't have access to any groups as I live in Austria and always feel I must be really missing out. The online system is not interactive and as you say is just a checking system for syns. Much prefer the support from this forum.

Well I am really paying the price for my efforts to up the exercise. Invested in a kettlebell and DVD last week and followed the introduction to make sure I knew how to do the exercises without hurting myself. Little did I know that there was no way to avoid the hurt! My muscles are sooo sore I can hardly walk. Quite common I now find out from the kettlebells thread.

So what have I learned? Be careful about the timing of any new exercise regime. I am fortunate as I work from home so could shuffle round unnoticed. Would have been hugely embarrassing to have to go to an office like this!

I am also going to test some online advice that says more exercise on top of the muscle aches will help ease them. A bit like the hair of the dog after a drinking session! Wish me luck........

hello. i have read through all your posts here and will be coming back to hear more about your journey. i am in dk so have also decided to go it alone with the sw diet. thanks for the tips. i will stay off the scales today.... and on the plan!
sarah

I am curious about the SW classes. Do you mind telling me why you don't get much out of them? I don't have access to any groups as I live in Austria and always feel I must be really missing out. The online system is not interactive and as you say is just a checking system for syns. Much prefer the support from this forum.
I think the classes vary greatly depending on consultant but mine never seems to have anything new to tell us. Keeps saying she will do tastings etc and never does. On here you get to know of SW initiatives and rewards that never rate a mention at my class. We turn up weigh in wait till class proper starts and clap politely when anyone who has stayed to class has a loss. Really not much for a fiver near enough. Deffo get more in the way of support on here. ;-)

how do i track this diary so i can come back?
i am new to blogging and finding it hard to get around.
Hi Sexysal all you need to do is go to thread tools at the top of each page and select subscribe. New page pops up and you need to OK/confirm that you want to subscribe. Then if you click on settings top right it will show you a list of subscribed threads. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the meeting feedback. I asked because I have set up a slimming support group here in Vienna. No slimming world unfortunately. I have found online very disappointing as I have said previously. A small group of us are meeting once a week on Thursdays and tonight was second session. We got weighed, talked about our demons ( mine is chocolate) target setting and rewards. They had a good laugh at my muscle soreness from kettlebells and we left having agreed what each of us would focus on this coming week. Seemed to go really well.

Sexysal said:
hello. i have read through all your posts here and will be coming back to hear more about your journey. i am in dk so have also decided to go it alone with the sw diet. thanks for the tips. i will stay off the scales today.... and on the plan!
sarah

Delighted you are joining me Sexysal. I am the sort of person who is always analyzing why some things work and others not - hence my ramblings about the SW diet. Good luck on your journey and I hope we will be able to share ideas.

Purple Patsy said:
You're most welcome. I'm still trying to get my head around all the changes on here myself. Sorry I hijacked your thread though. ;-)

Don't see it as hijacking at all. Nice to have some company.

Took my life in my hands yesterday afternoon and did the 8 minute abs kettlercise. There was one of the exercises that I couldn't even get my backside off the mat to do the lift position! How unfit am I? Persevered and got to the end of the DVD session only swearing at the guy twice. Today I am going to tackle the 20 minute express. One minute per exercise can't be that bad, can it?

Apparently the muscle soreness will be my body trying to repair the hundreds of tiny muscle tears that weight training creates. When they heal they will be even stronger and I can go on to tear them all over again. A progressive thing, I understand. Sounds horrific! But I have woken up this morning and can move a bit better again. Yesterday I had to position myself above a chair (or the loo seat) and drop into place as my back of thigh muscles were so stiff and sore. Quite funny when I look back.

Had my second support group session yesterday. Up from two of us to three! All doing different diets but the emotional roller coaster is the same. I weighed myself in kilos and had lost 1.2 kg since last Thursday which I was delighted with.

We talked about how I could overcome my chocolate demon. It would seem that this is one area where I have absolutely no self control. I ended up flushing the remaining three chocolate mini eggs down the loo! Not sure it was the best thing to do.

Is it a good idea to abstain totally from a food that we adore? Isn't SW about all things in moderation? Maybe chocolate is like alcohol for me - one piece and I fall off the wagon. I don't want to contemplate a life without it so have decided to buy 90% cocoa chocolate in an attempt to bring my eating under control. Surely I will only be able to eat two or the squares of this at a time. Will let you know how I get on.

Took my life in my hands yesterday afternoon and did the 8 minute abs kettlercise. There was one of the exercises that I couldn't even get my backside off the mat to do the lift position! How unfit am I? Persevered and got to the end of the DVD session only swearing at the guy twice. Today I am going to tackle the 20 minute express. One minute per exercise can't be that bad, can it?

Apparently the muscle soreness will be my body trying to repair the hundreds of tiny muscle tears that weight training creates. When they heal they will be even stronger and I can go on to tear them all over again. A progressive thing, I understand. Sounds horrific! But I have woken up this morning and can move a bit better again. Yesterday I had to position myself above a chair (or the loo seat) and drop into place as my back of thigh muscles were so stiff and sore. Quite funny when I look back.
Ouch ;-) Proud of you for keeping at it. The air would have been blue if I had been doing it I'm sure.

Had my second support group session yesterday. Up from two of us to three! All doing different diets but the emotional roller coaster is the same. I weighed myself in kilos and had lost 1.2 kg since last Thursday which I was delighted with.

We talked about how I could overcome my chocolate demon. It would seem that this is one area where I have absolutely no self control. I ended up flushing the remaining three chocolate mini eggs down the loo! Not sure it was the best thing to do.

Is it a good idea to abstain totally from a food that we adore? Isn't SW about all things in moderation? Maybe chocolate is like alcohol for me - one piece and I fall off the wagon. I don't want to contemplate a life without it so have decided to buy 90% cocoa chocolate in an attempt to bring my eating under control. Surely I will only be able to eat two or the squares of this at a time. Will let you know how I get on.
WTG with the 1.2 kg I have mentally converted it but I'm keeping quiet. HMMMM chocolate. have you heard of the Slimpods. Some folks on minis swear by them and there is a chocoholic one. I've never done it but am trying some of the others but it's hypnosis stuff so I'll let you know how I get on. :)

I have to make a decision. Do I make some hot cross buns to take to a friends when I go to dinner tomorrow night? She is Nigerian living in Vienna and I thought it would be nice to take her something typically British.

Problem is how to avoid sampling them before I deliver. Can I be trusted? I know the answer to that one without asking.

The thing I miss more than anything about SW is baking.

Back