Daisydee's activity secret!

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Daisydee, 26 October 2007 Social URL.

1. Daisydee

Hi everyone

:flowers:Many thanks for the very postive comments that is what is so supportive about this forum.

In answer to you question about what sort of activity I am doing it is power-walking. I got myself a pedometer and started at the beginning of October. I started off by just counting whatever I did in a week and tried to increase by 10% week on week.

I now have a few routes that I have walked that I know will give me about 10,000. Some days it is less and some days a bit more but I am definitely puffing a bit which is good so I am still getting a challenge. I can see changes - some inclines I did at first I could not do them with resting and really breathing heavily but my stamina is increasing.

Now I have taken to timing the walk so I will always aim to do an hour even if I do not get to the 10,000 every day.:chores016:(Have not got a dog but pass many on my travels!)

Just started some gentle weights for my arms as I can see my legs and bum changing a bit and don't want to leave the arms behind.:character00116:

I have got Vicki Entwistle's DVD too and I intend to use that now that I am a bit fitter(for days that are not so good for outside).

So my advice - get yourself a pedometer and no stopping you!

Maybe we should start a weekly pedometer challenge thread for motivation.

Daisydee x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. iceycold

iceycold Full Member

Lighter Life
    Thanks for filling us in.
  4. LisaL

LisaL Full Member

Low Carb
    I have a pedometer which I have been wearing, but I'm not energetic enough to power walk- it's more like a sedate walk! :p I make sure that I do 10000 steps a day at the very least though. Maybe I should start getting more energetic about it!:)
  5. Daisydee

Hi Lisa

What you say is interesting. There is a fat burning zone though and I suppose that we do need to step it up a bit to a of puffing to get some additional benifit.

Good luck though - keen to know how you get on.

Daisydee x:chores016:
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.