Daisydee's activity secret!

Daisydee

FAT CELLS HAVE MEMORY!!!
Hi everyone

:flowers:Many thanks for the very postive comments that is what is so supportive about this forum.

In answer to you question about what sort of activity I am doing it is power-walking. I got myself a pedometer and started at the beginning of October. I started off by just counting whatever I did in a week and tried to increase by 10% week on week.

I now have a few routes that I have walked that I know will give me about 10,000. Some days it is less and some days a bit more but I am definitely puffing a bit which is good so I am still getting a challenge. I can see changes - some inclines I did at first I could not do them with resting and really breathing heavily but my stamina is increasing.

Now I have taken to timing the walk so I will always aim to do an hour even if I do not get to the 10,000 every day.:chores016:(Have not got a dog but pass many on my travels!)

Just started some gentle weights for my arms as I can see my legs and bum changing a bit and don't want to leave the arms behind.:character00116:

I have got Vicki Entwistle's DVD too and I intend to use that now that I am a bit fitter(for days that are not so good for outside).

So my advice - get yourself a pedometer and no stopping you!

Maybe we should start a weekly pedometer challenge thread for motivation.

Daisydee x

:character00115:

I have a pedometer which I have been wearing, but I'm not energetic enough to power walk- it's more like a sedate walk! :p I make sure that I do 10000 steps a day at the very least though. Maybe I should start getting more energetic about it!:)

Hi Lisa

What you say is interesting. There is a fat burning zone though and I suppose that we do need to step it up a bit to a of puffing to get some additional benifit.

Good luck though - keen to know how you get on.

Daisydee x:chores016:

Back