Damaged goods

HPSaucy

Will get there one day!
Just wondering if anyone knows where I stand. I ordered a media unit from an online company, it arrived 5 weeks later (I was told it would be 4-6 weeks so that's fine).

It arrived on the Thursday, on the Saturday we went to put it together and realised it was damaged, we put it all back in original packaging, called on the Monday and was told to email them, which I did.

I was told I would be sent a replacement part and I said fine but I need it by the Friday as we had guests coming. On the Thursday I was told the part wouldn't be here until the following week but as I needed one I went and got one from Ikea so emailed them back and said I no longer wanted the product and I wanted to return it.

They want to charge me £40 to pick it up.

My question is, does anyone know where I stand with regards to paying the postage?

The goods arrived damaged and had the new part arrived by the Friday I would have kept it.. Any help would be appreciated, I've told them I am seeking advice (but don't know where to get advice from!!) x

Give trading standards a call in the morning. I know that goods ordered online and through mail order companies are under different rules to shops when it comes to refunds and exchanges, but i'm not sure where you stand on postage.

Back