Damn, damn, damn and ... poo.

Bagpuss

Week 6 of the diet and doing pretty well - 1.5 stones lost.

Last couple of days I've been fighting a very strong urge to 'pick'. A tub of cottage cheese in the fridge has been calling my name at all kinds of weird hours (including 2 am)

I've been in low spirits recently - a dear friend/ex b/f has dumped me AS a friend with no explanation - and I'm feeling ancient and ugly and not good enough for anyone. I was proud last night that I sat and blogged about how I felt and the connection between that and the urge to stuff something in my mouth - like a little light bulb going on (you can see the connection in other people between food and emotions but not really in myself - weird eh?)

For all that analysis , I just opened the fridge, got a spoon, and downed a 200g tub of cottage cheese in 3 minutes. Hello, 180 calories.

I feel rubbish. Where's my self control. So much for progress.

Wondering now if I should skip my last pack of the day to repair some damage.

Sorry, miserable moo post. I'm really sore and sorry for myself at the moment. God, I can't even break this diet in style - could at least have nipped out and bought soem Galaxy :wave_cry:

Can I have a hug please?

well! cottage cheese is about the best thing u could have cheated with anyways. dont pick again tho! carry on as if it hadnt happened and im sure it wont have affected ur weight loss. the main thing is u will still be in ketosis. xxx

Nikki and Karen, thanks very much for replying. I feel better already now I've 'fessed up.

I've put the rest of the cottage cheese in the freezer and it's staying there til AAM week!

xxxx

lol. be happy u stopped at 200g if there was more then! u r doing really fab and u probably could benefit from a nice bubble bath and some self pampering rather than telling urself off! xxx

Big hugs to you.
If a friend dumps you for no reason they were never really a friend!
Think about how good you'll feel when you're at goal. You can get through this.
best of luck.
Ceri

Awwww hun, its your friends loss, they will see that soon. Hope you have put your little blip behind you and got back on track, that will be your payback when said friend sees you and how well you have done.

I've been in low spirits recently - a dear friend/ex b/f has dumped me AS a friend with no explanation - and I'm feeling ancient and ugly and not good enough for anyone. I was proud last night that I sat and blogged about how I felt and the connection between that and the urge to stuff something in my mouth - like a little light bulb going on (you can see the connection in other people between food and emotions but not really in myself - weird eh?)

It is very painful when we feel we knew someone and then out of the blue they do something for no apparent reason.

We need to grieve some of our losses in life, especially those that have meant a lot to us.

Don't beat yourself up over the cottage cheese. You could make this your AAM week if you feel it would help, or if you feel strong enough move on.

You do need to take all your packs for your nutritional health and well being as skipping any of your packs is not a good idea.

Love Mini xxx

Just a big THANKS to everyone who posted - I really appreciate it and I'll be thinking about what you all said. it means a lot to be able to vent in privacy now and then and know it's understood. I'm sure I'll feel better and back on the SS wagon tomorrow. Thanks and HUGS for taking the time to post to me in my whingefest, all - the kindness & honesty of people on this forum knocks me sideways sometimes. xxxx

Back